1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall / Cousins and more to miss tonight’s game due to Covid tracing *UPDATE* someone tested positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, all these dudes went out for “haircuts”...the fckery simply never ends

Ramo$e and ksny15 like this.
  2. anchel

anchel Member

So our rotation for now would be this?

Gordon
    Nwaba
    House - Sterling
    Tucker
    Wood - Caboclo

#322 anchel, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If the NBA’s COVID-19 protocols specifically prohibit what Wall, Cousins and Martin did, then they are all selfish idiots and deserve to be punished accordingly. If not, it’s just exhibit A of how stupid it is for the NBA to attempt to play this season in home arenas right now. There will be other similar incidents throughout the league this season.

The league got it right with the bubble format over the summer, but now they will experience the difficulties the NFL and MLB had.

Richie_Rich, RustyHarden and Reeko like this.
  4. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Pretty sure Harden is for sure out since he admitted to being in that place with all of those people, regardless of testing negative or not.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

He tested negative Monday, Tuesday, and Wed. I dont know when this party was. There is also the fact that he's already been infected and he's highly likely not to be carrying the Virus again. He can take another test again today to make sure but it is very likely he doesnt have Covid, like above 90%.

No and they shoulndt, they need to fine him heavily. Having him sit out only benefits him in this scenario.

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

A person not wearing a mask on the street is one thing.

A person partying maskless at multiple indoor events with crowds of people is another.

During the worst weeks of a pandemic in the worst affected country...

Both actions arent ideal... but If you cant differentiate the level of disregard, selfishness and entitlement between the two...

joshuaao, DVauthrin and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  7. anchel

anchel Member

Change Harden for Brodric Thomas and we got this!

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  8. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Needs moar Gerald Green

9. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

For some crazy reason yesterday I thought our game was going to go smoothly today, but here we are lmfao.

WiltTheStilt13 and macho GRANDE like this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Party was on the evening of the 21st.
    So the negative test from TUE is one. He tested negative again today. That's two. It all depends on what the rules are written in the protocol. During the bubble it was at least 7 days quarantine/neg test. As we saw when Harden returned to training camp it was 6 days. For Tucker it might have been less.

Teams are limited to the amount they can fine players much more so than the league. I doubt either could fine him much without the player association getting involved. It would be interesting to find out how much leeway they have on it.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don’t blame him for the contact tracing of Wall and Cousins.

12. aristophanes34

Then that's an L....

Have to have 8.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

If games are involved here, we'll see. He may miss the first game. But I donno the CDC has said since the bubble has been over that quarintining can now be less than 14 days. For the NBA who was already doing less than that, I can imagine a scenario where they let James play given the fact that he's already had Covid.

Let the league do it, this is a global pandemic, there is only a certain amount of arguing the league can do. I mean the guy directly broke protocols set by the league. And again, you are punishing the Rockets in this situation by him not playing not James Harden.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Oh great one of these guys. Dude shut up we are on a basketball forum. I’m just saying it’s bs that they are sending Wall and Cousins home after they have tested negative and KJs test may even be a false positive.

15. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

Harden will play tonight he is eligible

16. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

17. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I agree the league should be the one suspending him. It's their rules lol. Making the rockets do it would be ridiculous.

Agreed it's probably less than 14 days. I'm guessing a week at most. If I have time I'll check if I can peruse the new protocols.

HP3 likes this.
  19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

No, I am giving Beard his due. Through his hard efforts the last month or so he has earned a special status.

upload_2020-12-23_13-36-32.gif

BamBam and B-Bob like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Suspending him gives him exactly what he wants....unless he is suspended multiple games without pay or is that like automatic?