1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wall / Cousins and more to miss tonight’s game due to Covid tracing *UPDATE* someone tested positive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 23, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You do realize one negative test means nothing right? The league rules stipulates you need multiple consecutive negative tests before you are clear once you have violated protocol. That's why players who only barely left the bubble to pick up food had to re-quarantine before being allowed to join the team. Thats why Harden and PJ had to test negative multiple times before they could join the team earlier this month.

The question is - will the league/rockets ignore their rules and simply pretend it didn't happen.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So Wall/Cousins are out if Martins tie breaker comes back negative????????

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is why this is all such a bad idea.

Players aren't going to follow the rules.

The bubble worked because it was a controlled environment.

We'd have won the championship last season with Horny getting COVID tested 3x a day.

HP3 and csnerd84 like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Make sure you stop and assert this energy with the next person you see on the street not wearing a mask. You could probably do more good that way than pointing a finger and dry snitching on James Harden. Just sayin'.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I felt really sorry for the Sacremento Kings fans.

For years, they sucked so bad and they have Divac as their GM.

For years, the Rox had Morey and he kept this team relevant.

Now this team is a train wreck and the Kings is still a train wreck.

But we are still the hottest topic of the league and nobody cares about the Kings at all.

Tilman must be proud.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

thought about typing Kool Aid but half the board wouldnt understand and the other half would still think James Harden is the antichrist.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Again you’re not making any rational points. Even if we ignored the fact that’s a ventilated area outside with minimal risk of transmission it misses the point that the person on the street didn’t t sign a contract stating that would adhere to your rules.

you weren’t very good at taking tests even at an early age were you? Such fundamental talking points seem to be lost on you

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It will be interesting to see how it will work, but there are some good signs to point to.

It worked well enough for baseball and football is still going despite some setbacks.

Sure some dumbasses are going to ignore the rules - but I think most will be fine.

The only problem I see is... a nba team only has a roster of 13, with maybe 1-5 impact players. The chances of covid taking out teams for a week is a real possibility.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

MLB was an absolute disaster for the first month or so.

It also was at a time when the #s were a lot lower.

We are in the peak of the peak that's about to go up even further in about a month.

This is not going to be pretty. I hope I'm wrong.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

common sense seems like a foreign concept when applying it to the celebrities of the world. Guess what guy? YOU have to follow the rules that others do not. Sucks I know. Sometimes rich people dont even have to face punishment for crimes YIKES right? Thats the system.

Wake me up when the NBA or Fertitta has the nuts to fine or suspend him. Until then you guys carry on with the circle jerk of hate and Covid awareness and convincing yourself that trading him NOW for peanuts is a good idea because he has disrespected your world views.

11. csc177

csc177 Member

After the pictures leaking of the airports for holiday travel....i agree it will NOT be pretty

treyk3 likes this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What happens if the 3rd KJ Martin test is negative?

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If it someone else. ....20 games for them????

Rocket River

Reeko and Verbal Christ like this.
  14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can't they just exorcise the COVID away

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

when will this stop?

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Mason Jones status now uncertain per Woj

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This barbershop apartment about to go down in NBA history

KelvinCato13, Reeko and RyanB like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well I guess at least we know these guys are hanging out and liking each other, amirite? Positive vibes fam.

pugsly8422 and RustyHarden like this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I don't watch MLB so I wasn't too sure. I heard about some pitchers partying and some teams having major infections or something... but remember they completed their season and WSeries... so I thought it did well.

Hopefully with the vaccine coming and players being more aware of how violating their team/league rules will perceived - it'll work out for the NBA. I don't want to watch teams of g-leaguers playing while Luka, Zion, etc are out due to covid.

treyk3 likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There were two teams that literally were taken out of the schedule at one point.

Vaccine sadly only is to help with symptoms so there will still be positive cases. I spoke to a family member who is a doctor who explained it to me and I couldn't grasp why in the world this wasn't more well known. The messaging is so ****ed on this. This is essentially the measel's vaccine, where it's more of a yea, you're getting it, you just won't likely die.

joshuaao and HP3 like this.