1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A- Rockets are not getting quality trade offers, don't expect to get back much in a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"old video"

blahblehblah, cbs1507 and J.R. like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

we already know...no one has been willing to meet our asking price yet

cbs1507 and HP3 like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

ive been saying all along we werent going to get a lot back. But this hurts it even more.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Ok, but is the asking price unrealistic? That’s what I want to know. You can set a price that nobody can reach and you know they most likely won’t and then you say oh well we tried.

Highlyrated and HP3 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is it unrealistic to ask for a young high level player and a bevy of picks for a top 5 player with at least 2 years left on his deal? Whether they will end up getting all of that is 1 thing, but that’s absolutely what they should be asking for.

ak99999, Kevooooo, JW86 and 5 others like this.
  7. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

OK, they're not getting the offers they want, don't trade him. Simple. If he's unhappy, he's unhappy. Sit him if he doesn't want to cooperate. But do not trade him until you get back what you want, period.

8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

No point in trading him right now frankly. Let him pout and act like an idiot for the season, then see if we can get some value near the trade deadline or next offseason.

9. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

we don't care what the media is saying

Possum and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

LeBron would get quality trade offers

ak99999 and smp like this.
  11. vator

Not saying Harden the player isn’t worth all that and more. We’ve never cried about losing a 20 ppg scorer in Keven Martin, Jeremy Lamb and a pick that turned out to be Steven Adams for an at the the time, player who’d never averaged 20 ppg. That was a great trade. 3 really good players don’t equal one great player in the world of the NBA. That said if you can get one young up and comer and a few picks you may have to just move on. They probably want a Anthony Davis, Paul George or Jrue Holiday level deal and SHOULD demand that, but those were made out of desperation. PG guaranteed the Clippers Kawhi, Milwaukee needed to convince Giannis to stay and Lebron all but handpicked Davis and was working this behind the scenes.

I don’t know if any of the teams Harden is willing to go to and extend are going to make that kind of a deal. We’ll see. The Spurs didn’t get fair value for Kawhi in retrospect because Toronto feared he might only be rental.

HP3 likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I would take 4 second round picks from Cleveland. Send him somewhere he will cry.

airflights92, Bids9, sammy and 2 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying, but the Rockets are in no need to rush at the moment and just accept whatever they can get even if it’s subpar

the Rockets said they were willing to get uncomfortable with Harden...well, things have gotten uncomfortable...they can wait and see if they get a good offer

vator and HP3 like this.
  14. HROZ

HROZ Member

Then don't trade him.

Fine him. For any indiscretions. Harshly.

15. vator

I feel like Harden is Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar blinded by his own greatness and we’re all looking at him like Obi Wan telling him “don’t try it” because we have the high ground.

Hopefully we don’t have to take the lightsaber to him lol. Nobody wins in that scenario. You just create an even bigger monster.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

No I.D.I.O.T.? I'm disappointed.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Trade for MPJ or take the rumored Miami offer

RocketFan and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  18. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

CP3 is apparently worth more than Harden according to these goofy trade proposals. If they not offering anything reasonable then hold onto Harden. Which I prefer anyways because I like the promise of this group with Harden.

LorneMalvo and vator like this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Judging from his career minutes played, Harden only has one or two peak seasons left. That's why.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

They are not getting quality offers because other teams expect the Rockets to cave on their ask. Add to this Harden doing everything he can to force their hand.

Looks like we either take a bad deal now or put up with his BS all season while trying to convince other teams we are not caving.