1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Unlikely to Play Due to violation of Covid Protocol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If it was recent, Harden should be severely punished by the league and team. No more friendly relations. If he wants to **** over his teammates because he's good mood issues, fine. Let him tank his entire reputation. But we are not taking a lowball offer because he wants to act like a jackass. Swallow the pill and suspend his b**** ass indefinitely. Harden loves to ball. He'll come around, or he won't but he'll behave when he realizes he is hurting his chances of being traded.

This is all hinges on whether or not this video is indeed recent.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Some concerning piece of evidence which may point to the video being current is, in one of the scene:

- dancer in video screen is wearing santa outfit.

- song in second video was released this fall.

- dior suitcase which was a Xmas gift? Was released this year. Costs 4100 btw for those interested.

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I have been one of the biggest harden supporters but that's cause he plays for the rockets not bc he is James harden. I want him to still ball out bc it will increase his value. As a player, I am over him and will stop caring about him as soon as he is traded. If he stays ill support him. Root for the name in the front not the back.

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

I don’t consider myself a Harden groupie. I’m a realist. He’s doing similar things that have been done before by other star players in the past that wanted out. I’m honestly surprised he didn’t fake an injury like Anthony Davis at this point, but being held out of the game for knowingly and purposefully violating COVID protocol works just as well.

I will also say he deserves whatever punishment he receives, but this is probably what he wanted to try to force management’s hand and see how “uncomfortable” they’re really willing to get. I certainly don’t condone this behavior, but some are acting like we haven’t seen disgruntled players act out before. It just hasn’t happened here and lots of people are taking it personally.

Also his career, legacy, and reputation will be just fine if he goes somewhere and eventually wins a championship. Probably better than staying here and going ring-less. He’d have been seen as a great scorer who you couldn’t win with. People say he could’ve stayed here and retired a legend in the city, but he should already be that after 8 years and I have no doubt that eventually the fan base would’ve collectively turned on him had he continued to come up short in bringing home a championship.

London'sBurning likes this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Man if it’s a new video I’ll be pretty pissed. Means he flat out doesn’t want to play a game for this team.

Practice is one thing, but we talking about practice. We talking about practice.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Evidence?

Has Harden confirmed? Has anyone within the org confirmed?

Does anyone teach journalism 101? You don't write things as fact that you have ZERO evidence of being factual. It is alleged until someone publicly confirms it.

saleem likes this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

He's not gonna get that two-year extension from any team. He turned down the best offer he was ever going to get.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

vator, the problem is violating Covid rules with clubs and strippers is not the same as faking an injury! People are dying because of Covid, what others did wasnt dangerous or this crazy...I mean if it was another time, whatever, but this **** is serious

You are wrong about this, just stop

mikol13, fchowd0311, ElDobleK and 4 others like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He pulled a Dwayne Haskins LOL

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's already come up short with 3 different co stars and played a part in a trade that was disasterous.

Even after that and his questionable behavior recently, most of us were still firmly behind him if he changed his mind. This city does not turn on it's stars easily, even if they come up short. Biggio, Bagwell and every football player ever can attest to that. You have to earn hatred from this town, which he's certainly trying to do.

fchowd0311 and joshuaao like this.
  11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I can live if this was before the time he got to the first practice...he already done some stupid ****, so this wouldnt be new. Its still crazy for violating Covid rules, thats another story

12. psaman17

psaman17 Member

James is making this real uncomfortable. He knows what hes doing. The Rox will have to ship him out for 2 pennies on the dollar soon. Hes winning this game.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yet we had to send Melo home after 10 games bc SAS running his jaws was too much of a distraction... despite Morey saying that Melo had done 'everything the coaches asked of him' and other pleasantries...

icewill36 likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

See guys, this is the sort of evidence I need.

I've heard enough, get the fire ready!

RocketFan likes this.
  15. Big B

Big B Member

How can the team play? It’s almost certain James has been in close contact with the rest of the team sense this incident occurred.

BHannes2BHonest and vator like this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

so he just misses games until he’s healthy. No punishment?

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Funny how that works, right? In theory, you are right, Rockets should lose this game because in theory the whole team is infected now. So the league can't risk putting them on a court with a team that follows the rules. Lol.

slothy420 and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

The next CBA will get real uncomfortable if players can force their way out by breaking Covid protocols.

19. fattz

fattz Member

NO we don’t have to anything but what the league says we do. Let him sit unpaid at home. We have 2 more years to make A decision on what to do.

slothy420 likes this.
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

seriously fukk James for this. if you don't want to play don't say you want to play through this situation then break covid protocol on purpose so you can sit without being fined.

harold bingo and kjayp like this.