1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Harden could be suspended for violating Covid protocols

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Harden is such an *******. Doesn’t he know that if he just acted on his best behavior that this would go so much smoother?

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread. you snooze you lose

gatsby, tinman, dreamshakin and 5 others like this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Even if Harden wanted to stay, the media and the "fans" are going to make it difficult.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Get Tim Macmahon outta here along with Harden.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

James Harden is doing a great job of turning Rockets’ fans against him. All he has to do is follow the NBA’s COVID-19 protocols and be a good teammate until he either gets the trade he wants or decides the Rockets have more potential than he previously thought and changes his mind about leaving. Instead, it appears he might not be able to resist his addiction to strippers and late-night partying, or simply doesn’t give a damn about anyone else in the Rockets’ organization right now. So, not only is he proving to be a selfish ******* that doesn’t take the pandemic seriously, but he’s also screwing over his teammates by possibly getting himself suspended. Other teams see this behavior, and they now wonder if he’s worth it. It doesn’t help him accomplish his end game of leaving the Rockets.

If Harden was being held against his will, I would have sympathy. However, he chose to sign a four-year, supermax contract with the Rockets a couple years ago. If he wanted to have more flexibility to move on if things went south, he should have signed a 1 + 1 or 2 + 1 contract, but he didn’t. He wants his cake (the remaining $127 million on his deal) and to eat it, too (pick what team/coach he plays for). The NBA and its owners need to put a stop to this. It was bullshit when Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis did it, and it’s still bullshit now that James Harden is doing it.

#6 DVauthrin, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The wording makes it sound like Harden isn't fessing up to it and is leaving them to determine when it happened. Thats fun.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So before everyone burns Harden at the stake, can we first find out if the video isn't old. I thought the video was old. I swear, I'm glad we have a system of laws in this country, otherwise you guys would be ready to burn every person after an accusation lol.

Sonicbun8, James.B.H, Dgn1 and 6 others like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed 100%. I dont like it when guys on teams i don't even care about try to hold their teams hostage like this, such as Leveon Bell in Pittsburgh in the NFL.

But, Harden aside, this is Sports Agent 101. They are the ones telling these guys - get the maximum amount of money possible, don't worry about the salary cap, thats the GMs job. Don't worry about whether you want to be here in 3 years on a 5 year contract. Youre the product, extort the team, know your rights, look out for #1. When you want a ring, just refuse to play until they cater to your destination choice. They'll have to pay you, its just business. But of they ever threaten not to pay you, yell very loudly about how business is evil and exploitative.

All of these guys have a little cloud of leeches/advisors around them telling them that every day. Kind of helps you analyze their actions and motivations.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Appears. So we going through all this hate and getting big mad because of appearance?

If he indeed made a trade request, so did Westbrook and he got his wish. He gets no hate. Harden missed PRACTICE to celebrate his friends birthday. As far as we KNOW, he has followed protocol since. He has practiced, played, and even had media availability; saying all the right things. Everything else is reports, rumors, and social media. Now I just heard on the radio that he should be booed when announced tonight.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We do not have a system of laws on the internet, and "we" burn people's reputations at the e-stake daily, where they have little recourse. Pretty gross actually.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Would it?

He asked for a trade and it was barely acknowledged. He leaked to the media that he wants to be traded. The Rockets respond that they very well could keep him for the full season. It is now on the eve of the season starting and there are reports again that Harden may not be dealt this season.

So the only real leverage he has is to lash out.

Now he is doing serious injury to his reputation, but a lot of things are forgiven if you win.

Having said that, I know that Harden had COVID this summer.... but the people he is around do not know that, he knows the rules and this is the second (at least) time he has violated the rules and does not seen concerned about it, likely because he wants to be traded and isn't going to change his mind.

I get both sides of it, I think fans are justified being angry at him, but I also see exactly why he is doing what he is.

D-rock, ChumpCity, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  13. Big B

Big B Member

I can empathize with NFL players, especially at a position like RB. Your earning window is short and contracts are largely non-guaranteed.

This is different. He’s been treated and paid like a king here. He deserves all the flack he gets. The problem for the Rockets is you never win these trades. They think they’re gonna be the first team to get full value in NBA history. It’s not happening. You’re hoping to get 75 cents on the dollar and you can hit on whatever picks you get back.

Highlyrated, DVauthrin and dcfma like this.
  14. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

How does lowering his value incentivize the Rockets to trade him though? I could see that if he had one year left but he has two and if he keeps acting out and the Rockets hold firm the league might have to step in because it’s not like the Rockets are holding a healthy Harden out, he is breaking Covid protocols and endangering lots of people in the organization/the league. All the league needs now is Harden to start some super spreader event by going to a strip club and not telling anyone.

dcfma likes this.
  15. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Practice? We talkin but practice?
    BTW, He didnt just miss practice. He missed training camp to go to a rappers party. Nobody in the NBA under normal circumstances skip training camp for a party.

We still have people out there that doesn't think Harden wants out. Wow.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We know because of the release of the bag and song that it has to be 2020. The Santa costume on screen hints that it's probably some time in December at least. Could have been a party from a week or so ago.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some of you guys just wake up and dont browse the damn GARM? splitting this crap between 17 threads in not ideal.

D-rock, Sep11ie, GradyMcTracy and 3 others like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I've made my opinion known on the other thread. This evidence was presented after I made the post you quoted.

I'm already prepping the fire, no worries bro.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yeah, the entire system is messed up on both sides. These players grow up with a posse telling them how great they are starting as far back as middle school in some cases, which inflates their egos. Also, as you said, agents have become very influential in professional sports, to the point they are sometimes a brand themselves. For proof, look no further than the power Rich Paul has in the NBA right now. He shouldn’t even be allowed to represent NBA players until LeBron is no longer an NBA employee, but the league doesn’t give a damn about the obvious conflict of interest. Right now, elite players know they can do whatever the hell they want, and the NBA won’t stop them.

The only saving grace right now in the NBA’s CBA is a player accrues no service time if he sits out the entire season, but that’s not enough.

20. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I mean, it’s not rocket science to figure out that the video is indeed NOT old. As someone else already pointed out:

- The caption says xmas
    - The stripper that came up on the screen has a santa top on
    - Both the dior suitcase and the second song playing were released this year

EDIT: Never mind, we posted our messages at the same time.

csc177 likes this.