1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Just noticed upcoming games against SHSU and Rice have been postponed due to covid. Lucky we got the SC game in.

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Not going to complain about it. Just more time to add a fully healthy Caleb Mills to the #7 team in the Nation!

King1 and YOLO like this.
  3. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, Covid screwed up the football season. Sure hope it does not do the same to basketball. I think this can be a special team and I'd really like to see it come to maturity.

4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Looks like UCF game postponed as well. Next possible game on the road against Alabama on Dec. 19th.

5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Sampson has really turn this basketball program around. And while mentoring his son for the future!
    Things looking good for UH BBall

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Congrats to Nate Hinton. Wish he had of either stayed with Cougars or Rockets would have signed him once he decided to leave early and turn pro. I will be following him closely hoping he does well and gets some decent playing time and puts up some strong numbers.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

finally. hopefully mills benefited a ton from this time off

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

no games played, no problem lol

Poloshirtbandit and Roc Paint like this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Game this coming Sat on the road against Alabama has been cancelled. Next scheduled game Tues Dec 22 at home against Temple. That's a long time to be off and not playing basketball. No idea which of the players if any have had covid. Hope we can respond and play well and keep our winning streak going as long as possible.

CometsWin likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

2 weeks without any UH games has sucked but they're back

12. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

They must have rescheduled. That game shows up on both ESPN and UH athletics website as to be played on Dec 20th.

ETA: It was not even on the schedule anywhere a couple of days ago.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah they did. Without so many games being ppd/canceled, espn is well behind on providing direct updates as far as the college basketball schedules since its so fluid atm

14. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope they have a tournament in March, I'd love to see this team push deep.

King1 likes this.
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Nice way to get back to form

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Anyone know why Mills and Sasser didn't play in today's game? Covid related or something else? I read where the entire team tested positive for covid so maybe those two got it worse than the others. Also Gresham only played 4 minutes. I was unable to watch game. Did he get hurt?

17. Poloshirtbandit

I think the entire team has had Covid since the summer, not that the whole team had it at the same time.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sasser sat out with ankle injury in previous game, not sure if still the same. Mills also had an ankle problem last I recall.

19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

There is just not enough media coverage of what is going on with UH men's basketball. The Houston Chronicle should be all over this story about the entire team having covid. It seems the only way I can find out anything is by either watching the games or surfing the internet. I am curious why Sasser and Mills did not play at least a little against an inferior team just too get the rust out and get back into game shape. We need to get them ready to go before we get into the more challenging part of our schedule.

King1 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

12 out of 15 roster are back