1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yeah, but I just can't see them selling high on Murray after his bubble play, too ballzy. Since MIA is now out of the running looks like it's gonna come down to Boston, Toronto, and Philly. I think anything else is simply us trying to drive up the asking price publicly. Hopefully MIA pulling out is a concession that another deal is imminent in their eyes.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Miami was never "in it".

That sorry platter just helped pump up the real price.

clos4life and matchesmalone like this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Either that or what they view as their best offer is on the table. Pat is a pretty shrewd guy and isn’t going play around. It’s probably always been Philly. Interested to know what the additional assets are at this point. Looks like we’re probably heading into the season with James.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Won’t be coming to Houston

mikol13, D-rock, jch1911 and 4 others like this.
  5. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Toronto is out now

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t get it. I mean he probably isn’t but I don’t think this type of extension makes him ineligible to be traded.

Ujiri was never gonna part with him on top of Siakam anyway. It’s Siakam and Powell

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

good lord $18M/yr for this guy smh

raining threes likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Everything about OG is on the up and up.

But that's a heck of a payday.

Again, points to the steal that is Christian Wood.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Um, is that offer in US dollars or Canadian pesos? Anunoby is a good supporting player, but that's a high price.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

OG has clearly some intriguing potential, but like i said so far, he didn't really show much of that, at least offensively...still, if you consider guys like Joe Harris (hi Duncan Robinson) just got like 75M in four years...i'd rather give that money to OG.

mikol13 and D-rock like this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Celtics
    Sixers
    Nets

Market is getting smaller & smaller. Just keep James and dump Wall and the picks

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i don't know about Denver...for some reason it seems like a difficult match up in this trade cause while i feel like Murray is a bit overrated, i also think it might not make sense for Denver to gut their team since it's the youngest between the contenders, if they move Murray and Porter they would still have Harden and Jokic plus Harris and old man Millsap, but i don't know if that's good enough to win it all...and what happens if Harden bolts in two years? That Jokic bolts the year later? I don't know...following what ch said i would think that they could actually be a better fit as a third team by moving Porter and other pieces while taking back Brown from Boston to pair him with Joker and Murray.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Nets in this process are looking more and more like cockroaches, you never want to see them around but you just can't get rid of them lol.

mikol13, HP3, raining threes and 4 others like this.
  14. SmallBallDoesntWork

Im pretty concerned the Nets didnt extend Allen...

15. SmallBallDoesntWork

yupp feel like only a few people here recognize this because they dont want it to happen

Vivi likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder if the Nets are really trying to get Harden without moving Irving...it might be so, but (i suppose) it would be so much easier for them to get it done if they would deal Irving in order to get the right assets for us...Harden and Durant surrounded by solid role players should be enough to win i think, and i don't even know if/how much it would work between James and Kyrie, but that's just me.

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Miami has the best strippers. Harden would love that life. He would reign that city.

raining threes and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

How do you rank Atlanta in terms of strip clubs? Cause Collins and the Hawks couldn't reach a deal on an extension :D

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Who wants Irving though? He does carry a ton of baggage. I'm sure there are teams out there willing to take him in, but I can't think of a playoff team thinking "I'm an Irving away from competing for a championship".

raining threes likes this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Absolutely want nothing to do with Irving.

raining threes, Joshfast and D-rock like this.