1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

You feel confident in that? I’d hope so. Just on the Celtics end it’s totally radio silent and or no interest so only reason I ask

TWS1986 and Nook like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Yep, other fans' message boards was the context of the quote.

Any word Harden will be willingly to sign an extension if he goes to a contender? That would help move things along.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Yes I am confident that they have spoken, I know it for a fact. How advanced are the discussions? I really do not know.

If I had to give an educated guess, Harden ends up in Miami because Riley and the Heat front office are excellent at making deals that seem impossible.... and Riley is a guy that believes strongly in striking when the iron is hot.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I do not know for sure, but I do know that the Rockets are letting Harden know exactly what the status of the talks are and the teams. What is making it more complicated is that Harden does not have an agent, so he isn't helping himself. I know there was talk of him possibly getting an advisor.

If the Rockets get close, do not be surprised if they grant the other team permission to speak directly to Harden.

5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Thanks for the insight, Nook.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

"Trade me of I will party" - James Harden

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Trade me and I will party" - Also James Harden

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'd be shocked if the Rockets traded Harden to a Western team. That Nuggets deal, I would do in a heartbeat though. I don't believe Murray is actually available unfortunately. I'm thinking the deal would be something like Harris or Barton along with MPJ plus multiple firsts if it did go down.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Jaylon Brown is a better player then MPJ and it ain't close. MPJ is SOFT. He is a mediocre defender & rebounder. The guy has had a couple of back surgeries already and self awareness isn't strong suit. Sits out at the drop of a dime. This cat was whining about shots during a playoff run. Brown has it together upstairs and I think would be a good get.

Richie_Rich and raining threes like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Im glad, screw this lets ride it out. Lets see how this team takes us.

12. jakejohnson5445

Yeah. I bet it’s to the East.

Other than Denver, the Warriors were interested at one point. Wiseman and the 2021 Minnesota 1st round pick they own would have been a decent starting point. I don’t think they’re interested anymore. Apparently Wiseman is blowing them away in training camp.

raining threes and forchette49 like this.
  13. jakejohnson5445

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Will Barton is coming as part of the package, it makes it better, but I’d still rather have Simmons and Thybulle; Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart; Siakam and either Anunoby or Powell than Porter and Barton.

The Nuggets can keep Gary Harris. He may be 26 and a solid defender, but he is what he is at this point, and I have no interest in paying him 39 million combined this season and next. The only way I would take him is if Orlando was interested in acquiring him for Aaron Gordon, or Sacramento would trade an elite shooter like Buddy Hield for him.

#634 DVauthrin, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    BHannes2BHonest and tmoney1101 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Sending Harris to Sacramento for Hield would be very interesting. He is someone that would work very well in the Rockets system.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Miami is out; according to ESPN

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Considering what Silas did with Seth Curry last season, that makes sense. Hield is a rich man’s Seth Curry.

18. Fefo

Fefo Member

So if you have a 100 dollar note and go to buy milk and cookies and the guy says you can only have milk, you take that and go back home happily?
    Brown cant be the center piece of a deal for Harden, he is not good enough. Simmons is like a millon times better, if you are going to take a deal like that, why would you even consider trading with the celtics?

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You can only make that deal if it involves Murray, anything less is waiving the white flag.

20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

****ing lucky bastards.

raining threes likes this.