1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Sikam is a 20 score plus player and have final experience. I may say yes for him.
    Sikam > Simmons.
    Tilman should select those players who can score 20 plus rather than a player who just score 16 plus for gambling. Houston is using a top player to exchange an all star level player only.

We can sign back Gerald green immediately after this trade. He can play as starter next to wall.

TimDuncanDonaut and Jontro like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Impeccable source"

lmfao

3. oloboloz

oloboloz Member

I'm not a Ben Simmons fan but stop it. Pascal Siakam is not better than Ben Simmons.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Just to be clear, it isn't that I think that Harden doesn't have pull. He certainly has pull within the organization and he wasn't afraid to offer his opinion. I just know for a fact that a lot of what has been reported in the media has been false or has been exaggerated. Harden would party, and Harden would ask the Rockets to add certain players if possible. However it wasn't an ultimatum other than a need to improve the team. The most ridiculous claim was the practice one, as there would be no need to cancel practice. That isn't how it works at all. The coach would only need to excuse Harden from practice which is what the Warriors have done with Steph Curry and what the Rockets have done in the past for both Harden and Westbrook. There was no need to cancel an entire practice. Now Harden usually misses a handful of practices a year (not unusual for a player to) but he also practices more on his own than just about any player in the league. It isn't unusual for Harden to be practicing at 2-3 am.

The Celtics system may be a culture shock for Harden but I suspect it would be less of one than you think because he wants to win a title. Now, 2-3 years from now? Possibly it would. The issue would not be with someone like Tatum, it would likely be with Stevens.

I have no concerns with Harden in Miami. LBJ and Wade were pampered as much or more than Harden. Wade didn't even show up to a number of practices. The Heat are more practical than a lot of people think. If they are winning and the work is getting done, they typically allow some variance within reason. I still remember the Bulls being shocked by Wade's practice habits.

BHannes2BHonest, HP3, BigM and 7 others like this.
  5. ch44

ch44 Member

Boston is a very viable landing spot for Harden. The thing is that no team in the league could meet the asking price straight up for Houston, so it will be a 3+ team trade. There's a list of probably 10 guys that would have to be included in the Harden trade for Houston to accept, otherwise it's worth riding it out.

Theoretically let's say HOU would want Tatum and not Brown, but C's refuse to include him. C's then need to try to trade Brown for one of those guys. Would DEN trade MPJ for JB? Could be interesting to me personally, but I don't know. I think Simmons is in a similar position - what could you get from a 3rd team for him instead?

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hey good to see you!

You get nothing for Ben Simmons.

You add him to this team because he should be one of those 10 guys.

I want Harden or I want Simmons. Nothing else is going to be worth it.

Deuce likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly.

It also makes it very hard to get a deal done, with everyone trying to have it completed on a tight schedule ideally.

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

oh boy them chbomb alert!

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Haha I wasn't in the shadows intentionally. I got banned as for some unspecified alleged tangential involvement in the Bobby wars, never given clarification and then unbanned at some point in the last 6 months. I just randomly checked back in last weekend and found I could log in. Who knows, hopefully the whole ordeal is behind everyone now.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Finally, another real source.

So essentially as we've known all along, Houston's price is way too high for other teams to meet so it is likely that Harden is in the Rockets plans at least for the first half of the season.

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

12. Buck Turgidson

Impeccable sauces!!!

[​IMG]

sirjesse and Patience like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

The exaggeration stuff was added by Tillman’s people.
    Thanks for the update . With Denver Murray is very tempting with picks

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

This gotta be one of the most challenging deals to make in the league history.

A lot to ask for for the rookie GM in Stone.

#554 yixiixiy, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    DonKnock likes this.
  15. Outlier

Outlier Member

Seeing as the Rockets bit the bullet too fast on Wall, I expect we hear a trade really soon

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wonder what some of these bottom tier teams or teams who wouldn’t want to risk trading for Harden would give up for Simmons in a potential 3 team trade

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Plus an unprotected first round pick from the Raptors. Bye.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Now I'm very curious who those 10 guys are....

BHannes2BHonest and Deuce like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Out of all the names being tossed around, who are at least reasonable possibilities of being the significant player in a trade for Harden, who do you like? I’m still all over the map, to be honest.

#560 Deckard, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020