1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2. Beezy

Beezy Member

Honestly it feels like it's almost required to ignore the sequel trilogy at this point.

The finale ending:
    If they plan on using Luke in more stuff going forward, I feel like they should have just cast Sebastian Stan. CGI Luke really limits what they can do with him in the future. The reveal would have had a bit less impact without Luke's face I suppose. The processed voice also sounded a bit weird. Convenient that Boba wasn't there for an awkward moment with Luke. Great ending though.

#282 Beezy, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    dobro1229, TWS1986, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

agreed, sabastian stan should be used as luke going forward. but my guess is luke won't have any prominent role in the mandalorian hence the cgi. im sure sabastian would be used should they want to include luke for future episodes, maybe im book of baba fatt?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

have yall found your own little grogu on google?

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They actually used Max Lloyd-Jones and CGId Luke visuals and voice over him a bit.
    So I guess he'd continue the role in future cameos as well.

[​IMG]

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

It should be required to ignore them indeed.

Jontro likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I thought I’d be mad if they went this direction.... I’m not. I wonder if they’re planning a Jedi academy show

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was going to laugh if C3PO appeared

Jontro likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

10. Beezy

Beezy Member

Seeing his picture, I would have been fine with him playing the part, with some minor touch ups if they felt it was needed.

On another note, the music during his entrance was pretty great.

TWS1986 and Yung-T like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Woah, wait...they need to wring this sucker dry of all the $$$ it can get!!!!

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just finished it tonight. **** yeah. That’s how you do it

Yung-T, Beezy, Rocket River and 4 others like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just finished. Wow, great series. Loved how it tied in to the original trilogy and answered the Boba question. No issues with Luke, in fact, I think the only other thing they could have done with the same impact would be Mace Windu. But I loved Return Luke. My favorite SW movie, still.

Sort of glossed over Mando being the King of Mandalore, didn’t they.

The internet ruined the big reveal for me. It just popped up on my google news feed today. ****ers. I guess I just need to properly dork out and watch these shows as they air. Or not read any news.

Deuce, Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Unpopular opinion. I enjoy Mandalorian but don't love it. And it's not the best Star Wars since the OT.

Seeing Luke was satisfying but not the same level of awesomeness as Vader in Rogue One. Part of that was being spoiled. In fact, best part of the episode was Din revealing his face to Grogu. I wanna see more of that character development, but necessarily call backs to original characters. And CG Luke was too stiff.

Don't need a Cara Dune series (Gina sucks as an actress), nor Asohka (and I love her character), nor Boba Fett (whom I thoroughly enjoyed here). Stop making spinoffs for every character.

BigM, Xerobull, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m cool with a Bill Burr spinoff

Yung-T, JunkyardDwg and Jontro like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm with you here. i didn't even know they're making a cara dune spinoff. disney needs to admit their abortion of a mistake and remake a sequel that's actually coherent and original. as hot as i think carano is, cara dune and baba fatt aren't interesting characters to begin with.

dobro1229 and TWS1986 like this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I always make sure hard to not go on any news-related site before the new ep is out, internet is a minefield.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

He suddenly became one of the more interesting characters in the show with Episode 15, and that's what I'd like to see more of concerning the plot.

Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Not unpopular. I feel the same to a degree. But I do love The Mandalorian though. Not sure about all the spinoffs but I'm willing to give them a fair chance.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I finally binge watched and finished yesterday. All of the “redacted”’s in my Twitter timeline got me intrigued so I had to binge before getting spoiled.

I think the series is good but I think there’s a chance they could ruin the goodwill with too many spin offs. The Boba Fett clone thing seems like a cheap gimmick almost like when Alien brought back Ripley this way.

I also didn’t realize the timeline of the mandalorian until about halfway through the second season. It seems like that a good portion of timeline for some interesting story.

Honestly though I think the more interesting storyline after Return of the Jedi is with Leia and the new republic. Obviously something goes very wrong in governing that we never really see in the Force Awakens but it would be assumed that Leia has some issues governing that leads to the First Order taking power. With Luke I actually think the Last Jedi kind of tells us all we need to know.

But the intro of Grogu is interesting in that it seeds a potential Jedi master post Rise of Skywalker where Grogu is trained under Luke, Luke fails with the Jedi resurrection, Kylo Ren burns down the joint, Luke disintegrates into the force, and Kylo Ren dies alongside Rey. So the existence of Grogu having survived that puts an interesting character in the picture post Rise of Skywalker.