1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I have a feeling Ben Simmons is not coming to Houston. Morey is too early in the game to lie by denying/then trade. Most Rockets players who's names in trade rumors were circulating, never came to fruition, ala Eric Gordon. He did say CP3 wasn't being shipped but Tilman forced his hand. My gut says The Heat. Riley usually get's
    his man and Harden will be happy (POV Heaven)

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think it's because Doc likes Simmons and will just go over Morey's head to the owners. Morey doesn't have an established relationship with anyone in Philly so unless someone other than Morey really wants Harden I doubt it happens. I'm fine with that because Simmons is not a franchise player anyway.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd rather have the Herro/Robinson/Nunn/multiple picks deal than Ben Simmons. Ben might be a better player but you are not winning a title with him as he's hard to build around due to his offensive limitations. At least with the Heat potential offer you have assets and could conceivably contend based upon potential.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Anyone seeing these Heat rookies balling out?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Achiuwa looks good. If they give us Herro, Robinson, and Achiuwa for Harden, I'll take it.

clutchdabear and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know it’s just preseason but Strus and Okpala looked NBA ready

Easy likes this.
  7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Herro and it's not even close. Herro, Adebayo, Nunn, and picks. Throw PJ in the mix, get a third team, and get a few more picks to round things out. I'd take that. Heat get to keep Dragic and Butler and most of their core.

8. OpportunityCost

Don't think they would include Robinson too. Both of their best 3-point shooters prior to trade would be gone.

9. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I just have a sneaky feeling Boston is that surprise team. They come in last minute and offer Jaylen Brown, Smart and 2 or 3 firsts. Brown is an elite on and off the ball defender. He averages 20 a game at 23 years old and shoots 38% from 3. I do like Simmons as an overall player better but Brown fits the current roster with Wall better IMO.

Wall
    Smart
    Brown
    Tucker
    Wood

Bench: Gordon, Cousins, House, McLemore, Nwaba & Tate.

To me that is a top 5 defensive team with a healthy Wall and possible future All Stars in Brown and Wood. Wall would be the only starter over 25 with a coach that hangs his hat on being good at developing players.

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker is over 25... But otherwise I like Brown and Smart way better than Simmons. Plus if Wall doesn't hold together all those asset are easily moved for picks to rebuild.

Rocket Guy likes this.
  11. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Yes. Also, Smart can play PG with no issue and slide EG into the lineup on back to backs.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If Smart and Brown were available, with some picks, I would do that all day.

treyk3 likes this.
  13. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

This team would average about 80 points a game.

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I will take Herro package. With Simmons he has overcome 2 things he can't shoot and he doesn't perform well in the playoffs. Herro is no fluke. How many rookies do you know who can off the bench, start, and score in double figures in 20 of 21 playoffs games. Herro please! Not afraid of the big moment. This guy is a baller.

15. OpportunityCost

Who do you guys think won't make the 13-player active roster?

16. OpportunityCost

I don't wan't Simmons, I mean if we also had some awesome shooters to pair him with, than maybe, but under this current make up of the team, no. Our best shooter would be Gordon. We need more than that, with Wall at the PG position.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maxey very unlikely to be included in any Simmons trade.

Philly loves him.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

They are talking of expanding active roster to full 15 due to covid.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

u are quoting my initial post in this thread...I never liked Simmons but at the time still had the mindset that u just take him...I changed my mind on that long ago as I warmed up to a potential Miami offer

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

In contrast to Rockets always selling low (CP3, WB, and now Harden), Herro is a classic example of sell high. The bubble wonder could very well be the peak of his career. Pat Riley he smart