1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden - this roster fits you perfectly - reconsider!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think it's Tilman that James just can't take. Sure, Morey leaving has him upset. MDA splitting, maybe. Ready to go to a new contending team, playing for and with guys he respects, I can see that. PJ still hasn't gotten an extension. But let's say he is intrigued with Silas. That Wood is a revelation. That he genuinely likes Wall and Cousins, even if it's an honest question whether they'll hold together for the season. That the other young guys look like they'll help change the team for the better. That Gordon seems to be healthy for once.

Tilman is still the owner.

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is ashame . This team from early looks like embraces every style but takes a dynamic approach based on what gives you the best advantage. James needs to care more about winning the title. Did you catch the clip of James talking to Pop. It looked like Pop was really trying to reach out to James.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If you split minutes correctly.

This team would rival the 2018 Rockets team and may be able to surpass them if Wall can take care of turnovers.

Harden doesn’t have a better option out there.

Wood in a PNR system is every bit as good as Joel Embiid offensively.

abaker28 likes this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden goes to Philly and they don't lose anything but Simmons, that is an immediate Contender as well! Being in the east I see him having a chance to win it all too! Guarantee Finals birth!

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

We already know to be excited about the potential of James staying and making a great duo with Wood, and the potential of Wall being healthy and also READY to take on a role that suits Harden better more like how CP3 played. Hope for Boogie is just icing on the cake but i think he's the biggest pipedream. He looked so good for a half a quarter and the rest, he looked too slow. More like a bench player who can have big time flashes. Which of course would be awesome-think Bill Walton on the 86 Celtics. 19mpg just under 8ppg and 7rpg and 2apg(high iq passing) and over a block a game. Didnt miss any games and started 2. Didn't miss any playoff games either.

I think as a Rocket fan, i'm trained to brace for the worst, so instead of clinging and hoping for Harden to change his mind, i'm getting myself excited about potential trade returns and how they'll fit and yes, Harden being here and wanting to be here is best for our team, but a youth movement with ball movement would be so refreshing to watch and have fun with after so many heartbreaking seasons.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

I greatly appreciated how well the team plays. But... we have to get into some part of a regular season to see what this looks like...

Silas will jump on an offer for Harden if he sees one that's good enough. Until that threshold is met, the disgruntled superstar is going to keep playing on this roster because he doesn't have much of a choice.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I get the feeling management have stopped trying to convince him.

Rocket River

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Insert World Peace.

9. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

Stone and Harden have not even spoke so I would assume you are correct lol

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is better at his craft designing entertainment than begging.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You mean the CP3 that grabbed his hamstring and limped off the court with the money on the table? Or the CP3 that lost a 3-1 lead to the Rockets. Or the CP3 that lost to James & Russ last year? Why are you touting that CP3? If Harden wants out then get his ass outta here but kill that CP3 great leader crap, he hasn't won anymore than Harden has.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

If we are honest, Brooklyn fits him better.

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So, CP3 goes out with the Rockets up 3-2 and Harden can't close it out.. That's a coincidence?

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The myth of Rockets CP3 grows everyday.

Rocket River

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Cp3 never made it out of first round throughout his career proceeds to get further than ever in his post career after joining harden? Coincidnece?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Soooo....if Harden had left those two games
    You saying CP3 would have won one or both of them???

Rocket River
    Crack.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

We played Chicago and a rebuilding Spurs team in preseason bro.. Some of y'all pushing the chips into the pile much too soon... Especially considering Wall and Cousins are question marks

Richie_Rich and J.R. like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nonsense. we're gonna sweep the Lakers in four

bawanyh, AroundTheWorld and J.R. like this.
  19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Nah not saying that, I'm not speculating on fantasies. I'm just saying factually what happened. CP3 went down, Harden had the chance to have a career defining moment and lost back to back games. He choked when the lights were the brightest. Per usual.

20. Sanity2disChaos

I’ve said this before... you are right my man.