1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I bet its more than one player they want two player, i know they like Aaron Gordon. maybe they can get him and a Brown from Boston

jch1911 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think Clutch's tweet referred more to the first realization that Harden is officially no longer a rocket rather than the actual details on what he was traded for haha. At least that's how I first looked at it, how I'm going to just initially react when it says "James Harden has been traded........"

Nook likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

As he should have. money ain't everything especially in a shithole led by Tilman. And he's going to get paid regardless of where he goes. glad he spit that back in his face

HP3, clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sounds like you are rooting for the wrong "shithole," my brother.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. If the right shithole is Tilman, you should be taking your own advice

HP3 likes this.
  6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he goes to a team lime the Nets. He won’t be lead dog and bullshit will start soon after.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Him, like many others, seem to hate the owner (almost exclusively for non-basketball reasons) more than they like the Rockets. Hopefully in time, they'll find new teams to support.

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Maybe Ben Simmons and Thybulle can stop him? :)

BHannes2BHonest and Nook like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like how Knicks fan support the franchise run by a sht owner, rockets fan can do the same.

I love the rockets doesn't mean I have to defend a sht owner like tilman

HP3 likes this.
  10. Htown's Finest

So what moves were available for the Rockets to make to go "all in" on a player like Harden; since you're still obviously talking about the past and being redundant even though it's clear that I'm referencing Houston's future?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

he'd be 1a/1b to KD. he obviously doesn't have a problem with that. only people rooting for him to fail do which doesn't really matter

12. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I feel like a big thing no one is really talking about which if I’m Stone- I’m absolutely using THIS as a negotiation tactic to drive up Harden’s price tag:

In this post-Covid world we live in, owners pocket’s have taken a hit(even if it’s just profit projections). Arenas can only be filled to 25-50% capacity, concession sales are down. So what is the best way to make sure the seats that are available get filled and the best way to enhance merchandise/ jersey sales and create excitement for your organization and fan base? I present James Harden. James Harden is a superstar. Any team that acquires him will have high expectations and an immediate boost in ticket sales and jersey sales. Any report saying that “team x” is concerned about team chemistry and “locker room concerns” with Harden is straight garbage. If I’m Stone I’m calling owners directly and presenting this case and may the best bid win. At the end of the day, James Harden is one of the best basketball players in the world and also a cash cow for whichever organization he’s a part of.
    Mr. Stone, don’t settle for anything less than your asset’s true value. Know his worth, king.... and get it done

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Spilled milk.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  14. SmallBallDoesntWork

Is anyone else concerned about the last part of Woj's video? He has been writing about how Brooklyn needs a third team, and then at the end of his ESPN segment he said how the rockets are looking into 3 team trades....

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I hear the Rox have a special-edition jersey for their special fans like you: "The Houston Shitholes."

16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

man, i remember that first harden game against the pistons... my brother, who is an even bigger rockets fan, was blowing up my phone on every single harden made basket. we knew he was gonna be good.... but had no idea he would blow up into the star that he became the moment he touched down in houston. good times...

YOLO likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely remember that game like it was yesterday too. crazy how long ago it was and we are at this point now

HP3 and clutchdabear like this.
  18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I think I figured out what 3 team trade woj is talking about!

The info was right before our eyes and also coincidentally reveal this morning!

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/harden-trade-idea-that-just-might-work.309170/
    Im_joel is obviously woj!

Amel and Ramo$e like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm mostly with you on this. **** rooting for another team.

I'll do it if it benefits the rockets for some reason, owning an unprotected draft pick or needing a team to lose to move up in seeding or something and rooting against the Mavs and Jazz period but even that has a limit because rivalries are only fun if the other team is relevant.

Otherwise it's very likely I'll root against Harden. At the end of the day I want it so that my team made right decision and the player that wanted to leave the team made the wrong decision.

I can't say anything to his character or how good or bad of a person he is though but I sure as hell won't be hoping Harden clowns on the Rockets in another uniform.

Ramo$e and sirbaihu like this.
  20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Can we look into trading Tilman sooner rather than later?

HP3, Deuce, Deckard and 3 others like this.