1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Gullible idiot. We never went over luxury tax once even after the year we were a cp3 injury away from the ring.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Ok I guess we will take ja morant.

I hope stone screws whatever team harden goes to so bad that they struggle to get an 8th seed.

Deckard, hakeem94 and justtxyank like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No, he played well last night. That's not buying in. Buying in means he tells the front office he'll play hard and be a pro all season and try to win even if they can't trade him.

More likely he's said he'll stay a professional as long as they are making an effort to trade him.

pr0wler, JW86 and Elienator like this.
  4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Houston just needs to maximize their asset. If by chance some team calls the Rockets up and gives them an amazing offer for Harden, is Stone just supposed to pick up the phone and tell the other GM no deal?

5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I just cannot accept Harden would stay these past 8 years but nothing would convince him now.

Can’t accept that at all. There needs to be some interpersonal genius happening.

If this was the Lakers or Phil Jackson Bulls, no way in hell they trade him like this.

Hell, if this was the Les Alexander Rockets, they don’t trade him.

Jayzers_100, HP3, Amel and 3 others like this.
  6. Elienator

Elienator Member

If it’s all about winning a championship then maybe. If it’s really about the owner and organization, then he’s not going to change his mind in 20 games.

Corrosion and csnerd84 like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

"Raphy, you want me to give this kid one hundred and fifty million dollars over the next five years and he can't even shoot the damn ball, okay? What kind of man takes ten shoots a dang gum game? I'm not paying fifty thousand dollars a bucket, that isn't how I became a billionaire... Okay?"

#47 Nook, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Woj is garbage, what would he know. what does brabra say?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This impression is so terrible. You need to edit it and add "ok" at the end of the every sentence!

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

They should’ve parented Harden instead of passive aggressively still appeasing him.

THEY have tremendous leverage over his career.

Acknowledge his complaints righteously, but still hold your ground. This is a business arrangement, not a parent child relationship but you play it as a parent-child relationship and soothe his ego a bit while ABSOLUTELY NOT letting him dictate your decisions.

Ugh. Stone and his crew are no idiots but this would be a massive, literally all-time in the history of the NBA L to rush and trade him before the season even starts and or as it starts.

RocketRed4life and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman might luck into a good decision then.

slothy420, clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This, and for a number of reasons. First it is consistent with what WOJ said a week ago. Second it is the only leverage Harden really has. If Harden will always play and practice and be professional, then they could just play him until he is a free agent.

I give credit to Harden for playing hard when he has asked out, some guys (Leonard) wouldn't do that..... but he still wants out.... I also have a sneaking suspicion that the Rockets owner and front office and coach have thought long and hard and are warming up to the idea of trading Harden for a younger star and assets.

justtxyank and Elienator like this.
  13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Shhhh no facts allowed Tillman hate must be announced at every angle. Nevermind superstar was catered to in every way and made this bed and now wants out.

sirbaihu likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

No they shouldn't have "parented" Harden at all, they should run their organization like professionals.

harold bingo and YOLO like this.
  15. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

No **** Einstein. Do you get context? I swear a lot of you guys have a reading comprehension problem. My comment was in reference to the Rockets FUTURE not their past...smh

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. For all the praise Kawhi gets from folks, the way he went out with the spurs didn't get nearly the backlash harden has gotten in this last month. And kawhi pouted all year and didn't even play. And this was under the almighty Pop and spurs organization with their great culture

Richie_Rich, Jayzers_100, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  17. csc177

csc177 Member

get this over with already

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Sucks. I am still in denial about all this, lol. I am not really mad at Harden, regardless. He gave it his all for 8 years and reached some really high highs here. I am over being mad. I want him to stay, but if he gets traded to, say, Philly I could see myself rooting for him to do well there. I will always be a Rockets fan first, but if Harden does get traded, I hope he does win a championship, because it would validate him as a player. It would also validate all the success he has had in Houston, in a way it doesn't currently get recognized.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And like I said gullible idiot.
    The owner is talking bs about really wanting to win it all. If he refuses to go all in on a generational talent like harden when the fk is he going to? We aren't winning a ring with a cheapskate owner count on it.

HP3 likes this.
  20. rockets13champs

I need a @cyberx sighting. We wanna know about the trade early like the Melo trade lol