1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Speaks to the media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I appreciate the positive attitude but being ballsy and trading players (especially one that wants out) isn't the same type of ballsy as walking down to the floor after a personal workout and having a conversation with the franchise player that isn't happy.

I don't doubt that Raffy or Eli can pull of complicated trades...... I do question if they can do the other parts of the job like building and maintaining relationships. Time will tell.

Deuce, joshuaao, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They'll let Jonah and Cactus Jack do the talking with their beautiful presentation.

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Maybe Stone did try to sit down with Harden this week. Nobody knows the answer to that question other than the Rockets and James Harden. But what we do know for 100% is Harden did inform the team this week that he would be engaged and remain professional. So there was definitely some communication there between Harden and the Rockets at some point, rather that communication was directly from Harden to Stone or Harden to a third party.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Perhaps, we would know what was going on if Stone said something.

Stormy1234, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Why would Stone come out openly and discuss the Harden situation if the situation didn't have a resolution yet? I really don't get it, the Rockets and Harden both have to put on a strong front. You're not going to publicly tell the media that you and your franchise player are having turmoil. That's not how any decent franchise/company would handle a tough situation.

bballjunkie likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

'I thought I had come out of retirement'

Little Bit likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Because it's his job to answer to the media when everybody knows what is going on. He doesn't have to admit what conversations they had, he just needs to come out and say that they are working with James to resolve an issue, blah blah.

I mean, Silas has to answer questions about this everyday, why shouldn't Stone?

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Perkins doing Harden a solid trying to talk the Rockets into taking less to trade him.

HP3 likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I keep getting Bob O'Brien vibes
    That is what worries me most

Rocket River

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ho Hummer Harden

13. Nook

Nook Member

A strong front office and owner doesn't dodge a press conference after trading for John Wall....... a strong front office doesn't leave the rookie head coach and players answering all the questions about an unhappy star player. Stone doesn't have to come out and air the dirty laundry but at some point in time he could have spoken to the media and addressed the issue even with non committal responses or general platitudes that the Rockets and Harden are internally dealing with it or discussing it...... that isn't what has happened at all. The head coach hasn't even been able to defer to the GM on those questions.... instead the GM has taken cover.

For all the faults of Les Alexander, do you think he would say nothing if his GM hasn't commented on something serious about the team? Alexander always spoke when the time is right.

That isn't what is happening here at all.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden to John Lucas II.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Maybe they don't want us to know what is going on.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't as stupid as O'Brien but he does seem to either have an issue speaking up or he miscalculated what is a proper response.

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  17. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Again more speculation. Harden has not come out and said he wants to be traded. You would only address the media about a situation if the player opened up about wanting to be traded and you are trying to get in front of the story for a PR spin. Why would Stone come out and say "oh yeah well we are trying to do what's best for Harden and the Rockets"? That's going to distress their asset even more. This is a staring contest, whoever blinks first loses. And you have to understand that if Harden wants out of Houston and wants to go to a contender, he needs to help the Rockets help him. Both sides are going to handle this matter privately which is the best approach IMO.

18. Nook

Nook Member

That is possible as well, although I don't know what that would be. Stone could even give BS empty answers and it would be better than saying nothing.

D-rock likes this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Personally, I would rather they (Stone) didn't say anything than putting a banana up our tailpipe.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It would?