1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Speaks to the media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Imagine this Q & A:

"James, do you have confidence in Stone?"
    "Of course!"

Mind = blown :eek:

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

RuhFelle Stone hasn’t spoken to Harden wtf????

so Perkins was right lol?

why wouldn't your first call when being promoted be to James Harden or whatever star player is on the team you now manage!???

incompetence - wow

#183 BHannes2BHonest, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe if Stone wasn't dodging media this question could be asked and answered.

But if walks and quacks like a duck ...

5. riko

riko Member

When Harden is not here to carry them to 50 plus wins a season every year they will feel the pinch

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Well in your scenario then James Harden would be a bold faced liar right? After going on public record with his comments? Seems like a risky move for Harden to make, thus I believe him when he says he hasnt had a conversation with Stone. Im assuming Stone and Fertitta are expecting James to approach them with his head bowed down chanting "im not worthy". Looks worse for Stone and the owner than it does for Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Alternate reality stories sure are fun.

EGo gives you a like.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The "BS story" was leaked by the Rockets to make Harden look bad....

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, automatically supporting the organization is an alternate reality for some. . . .
    Hey did you find those game thread posts yet?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm not the one creating alternate reality interviews.

Look in the mirror man.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Good luck getting a new starr and getting one to stay with you when care more about"culture" than winning and players.

This soap opera should have ended once he reported and played but you got Timmy fanning the flames with his ex coach sources.

D-rock likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You are calling a guy with a Harden avatar anti-Harden, because you are irrational with emotion. You are irrational right now.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

"Harden do you still want to be traded"

"No. I did request a trade in the offseason because I felt like the team wasn't where it needed to be for me to compete for a title, but the Rockets added some pieces in Wall, Boogie, Wood, I've had great conversations with coach and Stone, and I'm 100% locked in for this season, I want to win Houston a ring"

Deuce, DaDakota, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Hard to talk when James dont pick up the phone

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It could have been leaked by chess master Morey to justify his lowball offer.

BHannes2BHonest, fattz and Nook like this.
  16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Slowly step away from the keyboard and take a breath of fresh air D-rock. It should serve you well. Now here you are telling other posters not to assume that Stone did in fact try to reach out to Harden, and that there is no evidence that supports or shows that Stone or the Rockets FO ever tried to have a conversation with Harden. Which by the way I 100% agree with you on that part. But on the flip side you are going fanatical with the counter assumption that Stone or the Rockets FO never attempted to speak with James. To me there is not enough information here to form a narrative on either side. All Harden said today in his interview was he has not spoken to Stone. There is not enough here to definitively say without a shadow of a doubt if Stone tried to get in front of the Harden situation or not. So I think we need to pump the brakes here and dial it back.

Unfortunately we will never have the 100% truth here, and maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle between the Rockets and James Harden. I'm not going to sit here and act like I really know what's going on in this fluid James Harden /Rockets situation, and unless you are apart of the Rockets organization as either a player or FO member any speculation in this is just pure 100% speculation. But let's be real here, Harden is not going to tell the whole story and paint himself in a bad light if he wants to be traded. Why would he do that? Just like the Rockets are not going to paint themselves in a bad light since they still have a franchise to run rather Harden stays on this team, gets traded, gets hurt, or retires today or in the future. Why would Houston do that? Stay even keel my friend.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Or imagine Stone doing the same in his press conference. Oh wait, he hasn't done one.

Nook likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Exactly..,,

D-rock and Nook like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not at all, I do believe Harden was approached to do a contract extension.

But the issue with Stone appears personal since neither Russ or Harden appeared on board with his promotion like they did with Silas hire.

So this where we differ, I do believe Rockets approached Harden and some communication occurred.

I just don't believe that communication between Harden and Stone has been significant - which is extemely unusual unless there is more than meets the eye.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It just happens every year in all professional sports, especially football.

How have you missed this.

Leonard to the whole year of treating a phantom injury and Kyrie threatened to have surgery to get traded.

Talk about being naive on uninformed or biased I really don't know at this point.

Rocket River likes this.