1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harden Speaks to the media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

No one believes that he went to Vegas and Atlanta to train..... do I believe that he trained while in Atlanta and Vegas? Yes I do

What do you want him to say? "I'm pissed at the direction of the Rockets and I want out and the only leverage I have it be a distraction" ???

Come on now you are better than that @J.R.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is exactly how I feel.

But I am a Harden stan.

Nook likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know for a FACT that before the final game in the San Antonio series a few years ago, where he came out and sucked, he was hungover because he was at a strip club until 6am partying the night before the game.

DD

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's a 2 way street I am sure Stone has tried to call Harden, don't go overboard.

There is blame to go around.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So is part of this new culture the expected submission of all the players? That is what constitutes a good working relationship?

Ego is what is preventing both sides from reaching some kind of understanding. It is understood from players, but this is the first time i've seen amateur GM and owner demand their star player to kiss the ring?

Yeah go ahead and talk about how many games John Wall will win, but at least he's a "good boy" and does what he's told right? SMH.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You telling me not to go overboard IS pretty funny.

You are hardly the epitome of restraint around here.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thanks for making it plain nobody should take you seriously concerning Harden, so Harden has changed since CP3 wanted to play with him?

Durant does not know about Harden and wants to play with him?

HP3 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the new culture is one of responsibility - there can still be days off - and such for star players, but they need to be there for their teamates....on time and at practice unless excused.

If not, they are fined......and held accountable.

DD

fattz likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is a reason people talk about you a certain way and the way you react to this constructive critique is why.

You don't have to take everything personally and as an afront to your manhood.

But hey you do you.

KingCheetah likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think Ryan Anderson, Pat Bev and Eric Gordon went out with James the night before too judging from the box score.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Don't speak to the media: He a P O S!!!

Speak to the media: he a p o s

No winning with yall

Rocket River

12. riko

riko Member

I agree with that. I am wired that everything in my life runs on clock work. To bed at the certain time, up at certain time, gym certain time and in at my work office at a certain time every day of the week.

Discipline breeds success I am a firm believer in that.However certain personalities can achieve the same result with the combination of understanding and discipline. That’s where managing different personalities comes into play.

#172 riko, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Verbal Christ, HP3 and Nook like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just watched it. Brutal.

He was nervous, and his dodges were worse than a politician's lol.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I don't doubt that James Harden stopped taking calls from Stone and Brown and even Silas.

You can tell Silas was a little miffed but has handled it well overall and is doing a good job walking the line.

However here is my question..... how long has James Harden now been with the team? It has been nearly a week and a half and you are telling me that the general manager of the team has not been able to walk up to James Harden and speak to him and have a conversation?

What exactly has Stone said about this entire situation?

So far we have heard multiple times from Silas and Wall and Tucker and Gordon about Harden.

We have now heard from James Harden even........

I still haven't heard a word from "Fireworks!" Brown (who usually won't shut up) and I haven't heard ANYTHING from the general manager.

From ownership we have heard literally ten seconds.

Who the hell is actually running the Houston Rockets? Is is Silas and the players?

This IS a toxic environment right now and no one other than the players that reported to camp and the head coach is doing ANYTHING about it.

15. Nook

Nook Member

It does if you want to rebuild the team the way you want it built as GM..... or if you are an awkward person that really doesn't like conflict ..

HP3 and riko like this.
  16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Uhh when work tells you (and your contract stipulates following league rules) be here on Dec 2nd, you don’t respond uhh yah I’m busy but I’ll be there soon! Or actually not respond at all at first...no, you show up to work load on time or you are late and therefore unprofessional.

we have NO idea about stone and harden communications, who has attempted to call whom and so forth.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I believe that James hasn't spoken to Stone since he was promoted, but it still remains to be seen whether 1) Stone has not reached out to James in any form or fashion 2) Stone has reached out to James and James has completely ghosted him for whatever reason.

If scenario 1 is true, then Stone deserves to be blasted. If scenario 2 is true, then at least Stone is not hiding behind his desk like a coward. I wish the reporters asked him directly WHY he hasn't had a conversation with Stone. Is it due to Stone or Harden?

BHannes2BHonest and jiggyfly like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Look up definition of hypocrisy.

You'll laugh with me too.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

it appears that way, but instead of having a petty junior high popularity contest where cliques appear on the team and continuity is strained, they could at least agree that the time is near, but that the team must be able to receive an acceptable return. Target the trade deadline and sell Harden that he will be able to more clearly see who the contenders are at that time and to reassert some leverage among all the gossip. That way when they are all asked they can at least have a company line that they give out to the public. It should begin and end with respect for what Harden has meant to this franchise and have some tact. Stone and Fertitta are looking like inexperienced rookies.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

He is very purposeful in his answers..... he obviously prepared ahead of time.... he didn't lie but he was very careful in his answers..... the truth is we don't know anything.

Deuce, Stormy1234, fattz and 4 others like this.