1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

What do you believe is the truth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 16, 2020.

?

What do you believe?

1. Harden has reformed

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Harden has not

75 vote(s)
    92.6%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There was a narrative James had matured the last few years and and become more serious.

Now there is narrative that James never really changed his partying ways.

Which of these is do you believe is the truth?

I know CP3 and RW were pretty serious guys and Harden wanted them shipped off. That would make me believe he never changed his partying ways.

However he did improve his performance so that would make be believe he lowered his partying.

Or does he party a lot and ball out a lot like Jordan?

Sluball3 likes this.
  2. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

James Harden likes to live the millionaire life and is extremely focused on basketball? Not everyone is Mike Trout or JJ

Invisible Fan, Bo6, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden has stepped up his game every single season. hell the NBA made a rule personally against him,

Sure he parties and is a patron of strip clubs, but the man truly loves the game. Kinda suck that a lot of posters on here don't appreciate it and sht on him for his playoff results.

I appreciate players like Harden, he may sell the calls (who fking doesnt), but to me he made it fun to watch.
    Franchise players are hard to come by, and I honestly wished I was born earlier to appreciate the Dream carry.

Team play means jack sht when u can have a superstar do the heavy lifting and the others chipping in. Like i didn't appreciate Kobe playstyle b/c he had Kwame brown or Gasol, I appreciated him cause he was a superstar, same goes for lebron and MJ.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

I believe that it's in the interest of all parties that Harden gets moved.

5. SmallBallDoesntWork

agreed and get it done today. The media fiasco today with him saying he was training in ATL and Vegas was the last straw for me

6. gogispade

gogispade Member

That isnt true. You dont just move generational player like Harden. $50m/year offer denial means the interest of moving is only on James's side.

bballjunkie, jcf and Lawlruschang like this.
  7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Haven't you heard? He's the main cause for every and any problem with this team. The reason why Tilman's broke and why nachos at TC cost $12.

gogispade and Lawlruschang like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I suspect he's always had the superstar treatment that superstars get, and that narratives on him over-partying or buckling down and becoming Mr Serious Leader were overblown.

He's not a great leader and probably never will be. But he's not the worst either.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whatever Harden might be doing now... not any worse than the things I've seen from Wall & Cousins in their careers.

Harden doesn't want to play here. Morey doesn't want to work here. MDA doesn't want to work here. TREND ALERT! TREND!

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Actions speak louder than words. If you wanna know a person’s intentions, look at his results. Has he reformed? He’ll no. He still expects to dictate everything about any organization... at least Lebron has learned to do it well. That’s why he gets people on his team. Harden is a maverick - lone gunman style. He’s prolly got abandonment issues so he gets rid of people ahead of time or abandons them. Peace Harden... you’re not God’s gift to basketball... LeBron holds that crown.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Too early for him to have reformed, and he threw a little tantrum by going to a Bday party in Vegas - he will need to really change and the Org is going to have to lay down rules and enforce them.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Last week I saw a video of Harden showering a rapper with Honey Buns, a brick of cash, and a six-figure watch while he was supposed to be with his team. Since I'm inclined to believe what I see, I believe that Harden is an immature man-child who will be living on the streets by the time he turns 50.

Rudyc281, malakas and DaDakota like this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden is gonna be Harden, no matter where he goes. He's been babied by Morey for the last decade.

Morey who goes on to different shows and podcasts to argue that Harden is better than MJ.

Morey who claims to wake up everything and his first thought is, "how do we get Harden a ring?"

Morey who just upped and left before the shitstorm arrived using the "I wanna be with my family" excuse.

Both of them are at fault and only one remains. Get rid of Harden so we can reset our culture.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Tillman still sucks as an owner! Sell the team A**hole!

HP3, Highlyrated and Space Ghost like this.
  15. SmallBallDoesntWork

so you would rather him lie to our faces and keep a dark cloud over his teammates all year? Theres a reason why all star players get traded when they demand out. Just trade him to philly or tell brooklyn to kick rocks and find a 3rd team. Get it over with.

I also dont understand why he would even want to go to philly if we’re getting ben back. He’ll be in the same situtation

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the haters piling on, but James is and has been a monster. CP3 was playoff dreadful in 2019, Russ was playoff dreadful in 2020.

They all go point their stinking fingers at Beard, but that ninja was creating 4 on 3s all damn game.

You have to hold James until our B2B LAL games with Wall/Wood/Boogie.

HP3 and Highlyrated like this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden has delivered nothing but results despite being "immature" and parties too much.

Meanwhile mr accountability CP3 refuses work hard to take care of his body while he was here and is constantly injured, which essentially cost us a ring.

And Mr Hard work WB still cant shoot a damn jumper to save his life.

There's one constant in their organisation that has helped us win games, that's Harden. (Also Ariza actually )

Nook, jcf and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

Harden has choked in every big playoff series that meant anything . Harden is the reason the rockets have never won anything

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

jeezus christ. w/o harden we would still be in mediocrity hell. Some people just like to hate.

jcf, CCity Zero, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden came to camp late, but he was in good shape and ready to play.

When he says he was "working with trainers" in Atlanta and Vegas, he probably meant that he took a trainer with him to get his workouts in. He certainly looks ready for the season to start.

rockbox likes this.