1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dmoneybangbang

And we saw the limits of ISO ball..... You saw the game where we went like 0-27 on 3s with the best offensive player in a generation?

There's not going to be one single way to win. Also.... Herro is NOT currently some high usage iso player........ Where is our ISO game going to come in your trade package? John Wall coming back 100%?

They can figure it out, its not the same as WB and Simmons. There's no perfect fit. Take the Miami package and get a lower ceiling but a higher floor.

There's risk. You take the lesser player in Herro and he never develops into anything resembling a headliner in a Harden trade. Simmons is "a bird in the eye is worth more than two in the bush". You have a foundational player locked up and hope you convince him to stay verse you hope Herro can develop into something he's never been so you can build around him or flip him.

That sounds more like the Kevin Martin years to me then you hope you get to repeat a James Harden trade with. We aren't getting top 5 lottery picks. You HOPE since you went with quantity over quality to get a great team out of it.

2. dmoneybangbang

Herro is 6'5" with a 6'3" wingspan. I don't think people realize how physically average he is, just makes it that much harder for him to become a rounded player.

To compare, Klay is 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan and Harden has a 6'11" wingspan which is why he's so good at passing lanes and deflections along with Klay.

ipaman and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Where's the vote for Michael Porter Jr?

Bo6 and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Which is a worse fit, Simmons/Wall or Westbrook/Harden? I think it's pretty easily the former. You've got to find a way to get off that Wall contract if you bring in Simmons. That's no easy feat.

5. dmoneybangbang

They both have pros and cons. Wall and Simmons is a worse fit but much better current talent than a Wall and Herro pairing. Wall and Harden is the best.

#925 dmoneybangbang, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Wall is not in the future plans for this team

D-rock likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

that 2 assists per game really doesn’t mean much...he was coming off the bench for a finals team as a rookie...his role was to come in there and shoot and score, not run the team and create for others, but it’s clear he’s capable of doing that and generating offense for others...we saw it in the playoffs

in the playoffs where he was given more responsibility, his assists jumped to almost 4 per game, and his assist percentage jumped by almost 6%, and again, this was as a role player coming off the bench for a finals team as a rookie

just look at him in their 1st preseason game, he clearly has skills

and these skills will only continue to develop and get better as he gets more experience

YOLO and clutchdabear like this.
  8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

did u read anything that i wrote?
    all that off-ball movement gets nullified when the other team counters with a switch heavy scheme or goes to a zone. and that becomes even worse when a team has a non-shooter like ben simmons or russ westbrick. there's no avoiding becoming an iso-heavy offense in the playoffs...like i said (and if u had any reading comp skills), even the warriors motion-heavy offense became essentially an iso offense against the rockets in 2018.

herro is also already a much better iso player right now as a 20 yr old than simmons who is entering his 5th yr, so nice try on that one.

seems like you really think replacing harden with simmons with this current team makes rockets instant contenders in your book.

#928 clutchdabear, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    YOLO likes this.
  9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

much better current talent?!? wtf? i know westbrook sucks balls but you're basically saying simmons is a better current talent than harden...

yea okay....

10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

he may not be in the future plans for this team but you're not moving off of his contract until it expires just like it wouldve been if we were stuck with westbrick. and 40m+ committed each yr until 2023, u better operate as if he's part of the future until then

11. dmoneybangbang

Did you read anything I wrote? Again, give me the 6'10" playmaking point center to build around. Much easier to find a Lou Williams type of player to pair along side Simmons than finding an elite playmaker to pair next to Herro (unless you are really optimistic on John Wall).

Not at all, that's just you putting words in my mouth.

12. dmoneybangbang

Than Wall and Herro, sorry.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He's a nice player no doubt. I'd love to add what he brings to the current roster, not trade for it using James Harden.

I feel Simmons gives you immediate ROI and with Herro you'd be gambling. Herro seems more suited for that 2nd-3rd option where he comes at you in spurts and catches defenses off guard - doesnt seem like a guy who can have the ball in his hand and create for himself WHILE creating for others at the same time as the center of attention for the defense. It will be interesting to watch him develop.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He was last seen here more than two years ago. Did he get banned or did he demanded a trade to another team?

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

where are u gonna find a bona fide scorer when you have 44m+ in salary for john wall, 39m+ for ben simmons, 23m for eric gordon, and 14m for christian wood? thats 120m in total salary just with 4 players until the 2023 season. do u really think tilman is gonna suddenly pay for a winner when he hasn't done so with a top 3 player in harden?

yea goodluck with that.

YOLO likes this.
  16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lol two non-shooters as your main playmakers.

and the original post was russ/harden to wall/simmons... and u specifically said wall/ simmons is better current talent than russ/harden lmao.

i'm done with u. ****ing wasting my time

17. dmoneybangbang

Where you gonna find someone as talented as Simmons to pair with Herro? Hope John Wall regains form? Hope we pull off another Harden trade by aggregating assets?

Goodluck with that. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

D-rock likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

I misread it and even apoligized, thought it was comparing pairings of John Wall.

Well bye..... you seem like another Stan who can't have a discussion without getting angry.

19. dmoneybangbang

This. We are talking about the headliner of a Harden trade. Herro would be great to pair with Harden, not be the headliner in a trade package. Toss Bam into it and then it gets interesting.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

every single time I watch herro play, I literally laugh at so many of the dumb gimmick stereotype posts in here. Way too many casual folks acting like they've got their information down about this guy. Their ymca level opinions are just that. just laughably bad and the problem is they don't know it

clutchdabear likes this.