1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Adding on from original response.

I do appreciate that he knows his limitations and doesn’t force them, but that also makes him a liability at certain levels of the half court. And at end of games with his free throws.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Just put me on ignore then since you are just gonna keep making snide comments without quoting me. Kinda says it all right here:

1. Herro
      147 vote(s)
      33.3%
    2. *
      Simmons
      298 vote(s)
      67.6%

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

You are ignored until you decided to quote me over and over with nonsense. Cf’s polls had a bigger difference in the westbrick poll and along with so many others. It just means there’s more idiots like you on here. Less and less of the best cf’s posters stopped bc they couldn’t take it anymore. Being in the minority has been absolute money for years. Too many casual folks like you have littered the board that have no clue wtf they’re talking about but try to be the loudest

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

He's not a scorer. His free throw % is very concerning and is the most worrying thing to me about his shooting. However, I still think he's that good of a playmaker and defender that Philly represents the best potential, realistic package.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not that simple. Nobody wants to trade Harden for either guy STRAIGHT UP. Whether we should trade with Philly or with Miami depends largely on what other assets are attached.

I think everybody can agree that Simmons is the better player NOW and has a higher trade value. Therefore, what you get alongside Simmons will not be as good as what you get with Herro. The key question is whether you believe Simmons is the kind of player you want to build around for a championship contender. A huge question mark about him is whether his shooting deficiency is salvageable. If not, he can only be a second banana of a championship team.

Herro does not look like a franchise type of player. He is probably going to be a second fiddle too. He has proven that he can shoot on an elite level and has shown enough to project a high ceiling as an offensive player. He won't be as good a defensive force as Simmons and will likely be more valuable than Simmons on the offensive side in a a couple of years or so--assuming Simmons still can't shoot. And the young talents that will be attached to the trade are also very intriguing, much more so than anything Philly can offer with Simmons.

TL;DR: The key is whether Simmons is good enough to lead a championship contender. If he can shoot. It's a no-brainer. (But then he would not be available in the first place.) If he can't, which is very likely, then Herro and the attached assets might be more enticing.

clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yet his TS is right in line with MVP Giannis who plays a very similar game and better than former MVP and GOAT candidate Lebron.

I think you only want to disagree due your personal bias against the player.

7. dmoneybangbang

Rent free baby.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I won’t argue with that personally.
    I think the Miami package (if what is rumored is true) is better for the long term and for a quicker rebuild.
    I think Simmons is the superior player but I don’t think he can be the best player on a team. Which isn’t much different than Herro.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Riding other dudes nuts isn’t exactly something to be bragging about but I’m flattered I guess

10. dmoneybangbang

I think Miami would be a quicker rebuild but with a much lower ceiling.

11. dmoneybangbang

Bro, you still quoting me?

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down man, I have no bias against Simmons. I think he’s better than Herro lol.
    Giannis actually takes shots away from the basket, their shot selection is very different. And his is still much higher than Simmons.

D-rock likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lower ceiling but higher floor imo

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

But he makes up for some of that by consistently leading NBA in disruptions (steals, deflections, blocks) leading to easy baskets.

Simmons fits our analytics profile on defense to a "T" and on offense, if Russ can average 27/7/7 on the Rockets imagine what a 6'10 Simmons could generate.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Another fair take. People that actually pay attention. Too many other losers polluting the boards with trash takes

and to answer the question about Simmons being that player. Without a doubt no. So I prefer the other choice for everything that’s been posted in his thread

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Oops, thought I was responding to YOLO.

dmoneybangbang and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

https://stathead.com/tiny/Uvpsx

D-rock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Herro clearly has skills for a “14 ppg role player”...u see the playmaking...u see the self-creation

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Simmons has showed me he can’t stay healthy

20. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

u do know that's nothing to be proud about?
    cp3 westbrick trade was a disaster and more than 70% of cf approved in favor when it happened.

YOLO likes this.