1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I believe Rivers can negotiate whatever the team destination is willing and able to pay him.

SnT is designed to allow that player to get a bigger contract over what the current team is willing to or can pay. The Rockets would at least get some compensation rather than the player just walking away.

Player has control of where he is traded. Players do not accept SnT while not knowing which team is bringing
    him in. At least this is my understanding. I’m sure someone will step in and correct me where I’m wrong.
    More power to them.....by all means.

#161 ApacheWarrior, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    saleem likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks a lot mon ami.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

#163 dfbreyes, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    D-rock and eric.81 like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. And please no!

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hear ya.

Bolden would be better than some of the scrubs on the training camp roster who are actually frighteningly close to making the final 15.

Bolden is better than Tate.

Not even close.

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Throw lobs? Bruh, Christian Wood...

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

What if Wood is sitting, or worse, injured?

Need one more guy, at least.

If he could start at 4 would be even nicer.

SuperMarioBro and saleem like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Personality and practice habits plague him in the NBA

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's the knock on him.

But at least it's not talent or physicality.

And personality was a knock on Boogie for long time too.

Added bonus, Bolden is one of Ben Simmons best friends, just in case.

And Weaver is very familiar with his game - disruptive defense, 3ball, playmaking, switches 1-5.

But most importantly, Bolden fills a need - plays 4/5

#169 D-rock, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  10. Nook

Nook Member

I think if he handled himself differently and was more consistent in his practice habits he would already be established. I wouldn’t mind the Rockets giving him a chance.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol I posted that on February before the lockdown.
    And we did needed that since.
    Ofc Wood is a great addition and if Harden stays :) it would be good

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

[Suns] won that game 112-106, and instrumental to that win was the freshly-acquired Jonah Bolden, who had signed a 10-day contract with Phoenix that same day. The rules of the 10-day contract allow a player to be on the team for a minimum of three games, which pushes the 10-day contract through Saturday.

Bolden’s basic stat line—6 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 26 minutes—doesn’t quite pop off the page, but his impact was indisputable. He finished with a team-high +17 plus-minus, mainly thanks to the way he affected the game on the defensive end.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...-on-momentum-of-impressive-phoenix-suns-debut

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'9 Jonah Bolden with 7'3 wingspan and guard skillset is an analytics hidden gem.

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019/3/4/18250456/the-sixers-need-to-unleash-jonah-bolden

Bolden has a block percentage of 5.4 percent. To put that in perspective, Anthony Davis is at 5.8 and Joel Embiid is at 4.5. Bolden just has a knack for affecting shots. And while his rotational instincts aren’t quite at that level yet, his length and great energy allow him to make up for some mistakes, and he should get better as he spends more time in this system down the stretch.

Bolden also has the quickness to step out, allowing him to guard stretch fives and even bigger fours without too much of a problem. Even when he switches into a mismatch, he’s held his own better than expected.

And as versatile as he is defensively, he’s arguably more so at the other end. He’s shooting 35.5 percent from three, better than Mike Muscala shot for the Sixers and a dimension that Marjanovic doesn’t bring at all.

On top of his shooting, Bolden looks like he’s learned a thing or two from Joel Embiid, as he’s grown more and more comfortable attacking closeouts, ultimately leading to this beauty.

His shot selection is straight out of Daryl Morey’s dreams. Per Basketball Reference, Bolden is taking 92.8 percent of his shots either within three feet of the basket (where he shoots 82.5 percent) or behind the three-point line, leading to an excellent 62.1 True Shooting percentage.

Bolden’s versatility allows him to be a threat from deep, opening the lane for Simmons, Butler, and Tobias Harris to slash and cut off-ball, while still being a factor inside on both ends. He can even play some minutes with Embiid if the Sixers want to go big. No one else on the roster offers that.

#173 D-rock, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    fattz and jch1911 like this.
  14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Oh lol, guess I'd benefit from checking thread/post dates...