1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Berman Bomb] BRUNO THE GOAT HAS AN OFFER TO RETURN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 25, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

A bit over the top but funny AF.

MGC, roslolian, coachbadlee and 2 others like this.
  2. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Lol just imagine. Harden leaves and we get a Durant haha.

D-rock likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even Durant rarely takes 8 treys and makes 5.

Bruno>

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

He should buy binoculars and bring them in Strip Clubs. He is kind of a pervert staring at Strippers.

coachbadlee likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should be playing over Ja Sean Tate who is a 6'4 PF?

Couple people can start.

D-rock likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Knocked down some threes, but I thought he looked charmin soft on both ends as usual, and was often out of position on defense.

I hope Silas’s Special Ed Degree comes in handy with this kid when it comes to positioning. Still looks like a nutless Ostrich out there.

#146 RudyTBag, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    saleem likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Not in a million years.

JaeSean Tate’s basketball intelligence is on a different galaxy, while Bruno simply isn’t playable against the big boys.

But that will play itself over the course of the season, since we don’t play the Chicago Bills every night. You’ll see.

withmustard and Chamillionaire like this.
  8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He is super soft, has been his entire career. He will never, ever drive the basketball like Giannis. He shies away from contact on both ends. On defense he is a perpetual fouler because he is often out of position, which keeps him off the court when the big boys are playing. That’s where he gets explosed the most.

Offensively though, he is a VERY capable shooter. Problem is, his wingspan is essentially useless and he is a net negative because he makes so many mistakes. I’d rather have a dude with T’Rex arms that can make the damn defensive rotation and take the charge. Bruno is late, late, late, and doesn’t like contact. Bad mix... It’s the reason Memphis booted him back to Houston after giving him a long look.

#148 RudyTBag, Dec 12, 2020
    saleem and topfive like this.
  9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I cant disagree with any of this. Like most, I liked a lot of what I saw from Bruno yesterday. He caught fire from left-side above the break 3 and hit 3 of them in a row. The law of averages says that won’t happen every night, but we all know where his sweet spot on the court is now. He also hit one 3 late in the game from the right corner which was relieving to see.

Hopefully Silas & Co. can help him with defensive positioning and making a timely rotation to protect the rim. He was out of position a few times last night but it didn’t hurt the Rockets too bad bc, well, it was the Bulls.

It will be interesting to see how this coaching staff decides to use Bruno this season. He gives the Rockets the ability to play big with Bruno at the PF and Cousins/Wood manning Center, or they could use Bruno as a small ball Center as long as his rotations get better.

I think (and hope) Bruno playing well will mean PJ does not have to play Center at all this season. PJ might want an extension but I think the writing is on the wall now with the Rockets acquiring multiple players that can help reduce PJ’s minutes. He will be fazed out of the Rockets and I would not be surprised if the trade him so they don’t have to deal with the headache of trying to negotiate a contract extension. Let his next team figure that out or he can hit FA and see what his value around the league actually is.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

*sniff*

I am smelling an agenda.

It's almost Trumpian how you are staging these attacks on an emerging ROTATIONAL player who had a breakout game for the Rockets.

Rockets first, your personal preference 2nd.

Having Bruno succeed is a WIN for the Rockets.

#150 D-rock, Dec 12, 2020
    roslolian likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Media recognizes game too.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was a joke but who knows what Silas can do.

Would not surprise me if he could outshoot Tate.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Out shooting Tate is easy. Rebounding and playing solid defense against bigger and smarter teams is the real issue.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Def nice to see the Rox pick up gems on the bargain bin instead of seeing other teams do.

And yes I know we had him last season but knowing the old regime you knew we wouldn't resign him and watch him break out in a diff team.

D-rock likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Therefore starting off the bench.

I do not think the majority asked for a starting spot.

Against LAL you still have to find a taller player.

I am positive Silas is great at developing but at the end of the day he would have to resort to experienced players with size.

If it's Wood then fine or trade for a vet.

D-rock likes this.
  17. saleem

Definitely, it remains to be seen what can Bruno do off the bench. I’m skeptical if he can become a reliable player for us.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All these players coming from the NBL league, Aussie and NZ.... must be another Gleague forming there.

I'll watch some Tate film later.

19. saleem

We need another vet along with the young Wood.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Olynyk

saleem likes this.