1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/11/2020 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2020.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, was surprised to see the versatility of Thomas especially on defense. Made some amazing defensive plays for a rookie from a small school against true NBA competition. Also surprised he was the 1st true rookie off of the bench so they must be seeing good things from him as well. Definitely appears to be someone to watch and not let go of to see how he develops. Already a difference maker on D.

Tate played as advertised. Seems like a good all around player and defender with above average energy. I have always thought the Rockets should get 4 players just like PJ Tucker/Danuel house and surround then with Harden and looks like we found at least 3 maybe 4 of those type of 3 and D and Energy which is an underrated skill to have since energy translates in a motion offense too. 4 guys around James that hustle for every loose ball and value every possession. Guys like Nwaba/Tate/Thomas/Brown will be interesting to see who gets minutes and can add enough offense to the team.

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still cant believe this guy is a Rocket.

Hated his play style for years, but I'm loving him now as backup 5.

His guard skills for a 5 are crazy.

gatsby, Tfor3, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Brodric Thomas is my pet cat of all the new young players.

Kid has "it" as 2 way player.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Yes really. He can do it, a incredible 1v1 player. He's not the best at it...... Better than any other guard we had at the time they made him point guard but he's not a natural. Just because one has the skill to do something doesn't mean they are right for that role. James skills are best utilized off ball where he doesn't looked gassed at the end of games from dominating the ball all games, all season, all clock long.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Okay, past performances at historic level notwithstanding I guess you could be right.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Every PG has historic numbers under MDA's PG heavy offense. It's not a question of Harden's skills. Like I said, he can do it, he has done it, with partial success. It's what best for the TEAM. This is why he will never win. Because he doesn't want to win if it's not because of Harden.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

MDA had no MVP's with Knicks or Lakers.

We are talking historically great here, not just incrementally better.

Not all PG's are created equal, even those playing for D'Antoni.

clos4life and pr0wler like this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Of course but if they have the basics down, they will be ok. Lin thought he was MVP for a week too.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think you are being too cavalier with this distinction.

But to each his own.

10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I
    I could say the same about "historically great". With the amount of time Harden has the ball it's hard not to be historically great.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I
    He is great though. Greater than most.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Russ had higher usage last season than Harden, Harden was still 3rd in MVP voting.

I dont think you will truly appreciate Harden until he is gone.

And leading NBA in scoring AND steals has only been done by Iverson and MJ.

Harden's 3 consecutive scoring titles averaging 30+ points only done by MJ and Wilt.

And no player, ZERO, has led NBA in scoring, steals and assists. Until Harden did it.

So yes, "historically great" is not an exaggeration, it is factual.

cmoak1982, ElPigto and saleem like this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LOL.

What.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What exactly is historic about it? Personal accolades?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not a problem, we can agree to disagree and discontinue this convo.

I'm not certain you understand what "historic" means.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That says more about Iverson (who actually got to the finals) and Jordan who actually delivered numerous times, than just having Hardens name associated by default because of usage and games played. These guys weren't even point guards that dominated the ball totally like Harden.

Agreed. Agree to disagree.

18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

What do you question? The need for Grant if Houston has a Point [SG or SF or PF or Center] with a high USG%.
    Not saying he makes the team because the Rockets have an over abundance in PG/SG’s. Grants role would be
    defending the opposing team’s point guard while at 6’5” not be completely being dominated as much as
    our 6’3” players we’re in a switch everything defense.

or

Do you question Giannis coming to Houston? Why would Harden choose to go to Bucks if all the role players
    come back to Houston? Leaving just Giannis/ Harden/ Jrue Holiday and surrounded by scrubs makes it hard to
    contend. Whole purpose of Harden being traded is to contend......will Bucks be in contention?.....might be better to stay in Houston.

Or will there be an MVP traded for an MVP move. Max Extension sign and trade? A year or two later Harden
    finding his way to California or Philly? While Giannis skips town on us to go with Lakers?

Stars are making contracts worthless as they force their way out of their current team and force a transfer of their
    contract to another team. New CBA has to stop that; but until then the star is here one day and gone the next.

Harden signed an extension with the Rockets not too long ago and is already want to leave us. He can up
    it to $50M.....while Giannis can go up to $50M if signed by the Bucks......thus a SnT does work price matching-wise.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-giannis-antetokounmpo-might-sign/3881846001/

#1179 ApacheWarrior, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I know it's just preseason, but that was a fun game to watch. Good ball movement, saw real development out of some young guys getting their chance (Coboclo!) while a couple of others are clearly going to need time. I'm really amazed to see Cousins, Green, and Wall playing the way they are given their knee injuries. Wall isn't back to 100%, that much is clear (well, to me), but he's getting there and should only improve as the season goes along, as should Cousins (who's much further along than I ever expected) and Green.

Maybe this season will be a bounce back year for Gordon? Feels like he dropped off the map a little the last two years, with nagging injuries and all. If he can stay healthy he might be able to show some of the skills we seem to have forgotten about. The guy on offense can really be a spark, and defensively can be a strong presence.

D-rock likes this.