1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Ridiculously ironic to talk about Klay and Harden who made their careers w/ shooting while discussing Ben Simmons.

The year this guy is talking about, Harden averaged 39% from 3pt line.

Klay's career average from 3 is 41%.

Like I know Ben can improve his shooting. But I also know he's never going to be on their level w/ shooting.

clutchdabear and RustyHarden like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I know what I said, you seem to misunderstand it.

What I quoted was someone saying Simmons will develop a jump shot - or something similar. IE: develop into a good shooter.

I said people said the same about Westbrook.

No one said Simmons will develop into a 20 shots per game taker.

Comprehension is important.

clutchdabear and s3ts like this.
  3. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I'd like everyone here on the Simmons sauce to analyze some stats
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/simmobe01.html
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

Just because Rondo managed to not hit side of backboard wide open on a stacked Lakers squad means nothing. Simmons won't magically find a stroke. It's something you're born with. Check their free throw percentages. Simmons is a donk. Fools gold. Royce's whites wet dream. And that's not what you settle for.

I honestly wouldn't even be thrilled with a straight up Giannis ABC for Harden swap. I want assassins. Booker/Murray/Doncic. Hang up the phone and let Harden play

Somebody. Needs to shoot the J.

#283 RustyHarden, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good point. Johnson, too, looked good with the Heat. Nets signed him to that huge poison pill offer sheet, Heat matched, later traded him for Ryan Anderson.

Where we going with Herro and Robinson? Hoping to trade them for the next star that becomes available? Herro & Robinson is what you put around your star.

#284 J.R., Dec 11, 2020
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t dispute that......I’m just saying one is considered MVP level right now (Giannis).

It’s the phrase, “shot for the moon, even if you fail you will still be among the stars.”

Simmons puts us among the stars, at the least (IMO). If Simmons given the chance and out of the shadows of Embiid.

The Tilman and Stone have put themselves behind the eight ball by not trading Harden before the draft/FA.
    Ben Simmons is actually far better in return than I would expect at this stage of the game. Media will
    drum up support for a Harden exit every day.

Every TNT broadcast will have Barkley, Shaq and Kenny saying “Free James Harden.” PR disaster. Every
    future free agent will say, remember how Tilnan treated Harden? Do you want to play for TF? I know,
    players should honor a contract.......but the players are also like a fraternity.

#285 ApacheWarrior, Dec 11, 2020
    D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The last tweet has a bunch of poopoo platter offers. None of those, besides maybe Simmons is an offer the Rockets should take.

DVauthrin likes this.
  8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

i really don't get all the hate on Ben Simmons. He does practically everything on an awe-inspiring level except for shooting. With such a talent you simply snatch him, and build around him.

DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

How about let's account for the fact that herro was 19-20 years old in his rookie season and then make proper comparisons? Rather than comparing a 19 year old's rookie season to players who have been in the league for years... that's not how you properly analyze data.

Here are the true shooting percentages of some of the players who are relevant in this discussion and also as a herro comp (all in their rookie seasons):

harden - 55.1%
    steph curry - 56.8%
    klay thompson - 54.5%
    devin booker - 53.5%
    ben simmons - 55.7%
    tyler herro - 55%

not sure why giannis or ad are in this comparison, but since you brought it up, what the hell... here's their rookie season true shooting %:

giannis - 51.8%
    ad - 55.9%

Now let that sink in fam.

YOLO and STR8Thugg like this.
  10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Ben Simmons is a losing player.

11. STR8Thugg

Lmao okay... casual fan much?

And then comparing simmons to Lebron? You are the one that can't be serious.

Thanks for letting me know to ignore your basketball takes.

12. STR8Thugg

Geezus reading through this thread is a joke. Ben freaking Simmons, and y'all are stoked about that possibility?

When you are watching him up close not being guarded from 17 feet because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, then you'll understand what it's like to truly have a ball dominant player that can't shoot.

Based on this thread alone, Simmons is one of the most overrated players in the history of clutchfans, and that's saying something.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. riko

riko Member

Yep some fools even on this board have forgotten how good harden is .Couple of 45-10-10 games should remind the league you want the most dominant player In the league there is a price to pay

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I respect this board to the fullest but I’ll take Simmons over Herro and it’s a no brainer I’m looking at how the team is constructed now and Ben would fit right in. We know what we getting from Ben he’s a future superstar I don’t know that about Herro, don’t get me wrong he is a great young talent but do Tyler make his teammates better is the question? I know Ben can’t shoot I get that but if the Rockets do decide to get him they won’t need him to shoot anyway because he can make his teammates better and I personally think you can build a great Team around Simmons

DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Zero talks with anyone regarding harden so far according to shams. Rockets are not even entertaining the option of a trade till Silas throws his sales pitch to harden . Just validating what Woj said.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. varughese.arun

In this league you have to be able to shoot the basketball well in order to win at a high level.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

bingo. not only do you get a top 5 draft talent at 20 whose already excelled in year 1, added young fill ins, draft picks, and you clear a 3 year supermax off your books. Looks absolutely great to me for a rebuilding team. A lot of people in here need to look at the question a bit more closely. It says package, while most of ya'll are talking as if it's a 1 for 1 trade. It isn't

"If both players are available (in a package) which would you choose?"

This gears towards what pg13 was traded for SGA, Gallo, picks. Rather than what Kawhi essentially was traded for when they swapped for Derozan

#300 YOLO, Dec 11, 2020
    clutchdabear likes this.