1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bids9

Bids9 Member

All signs pointing to Simmons surely. We know how much Morey loves him. Just a matter of time.

As an Aussie I can live with it. You're never going to get back full value for James unfortunatly.

D-rock and dockerland like this.
  2. oloboloz

oloboloz Member

I like Denver as trade partner, but those negotiations have to start with Murray and MPJ otherwise there is no discussion to be had. I just can’t see the nuggets willing to include Murray in any deal.

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I believe the Herro package would net the Rockets better fit/picks/flexibility for now and the future. We all know Morey would somehow get the better deal if they trade Harden to the 76rs. If it were the other way around Morey would never trade Harden for Simmons. A player who can shoot from anywhere for a player who can't shoot at all? Morey would get the best of Stone and make him feel like he came out on top.

As big and talented as Simmons is - he has to be close to the basket to score.

I could see a 3-team trade happening. Harden to Phili, Simmons to Miami, Herro (another starter/all star caliber player(s) to match salaries) and picks to the Rockets.

I would still like to see how good this team can be with Harden and an actual coach. I believe the Rockets (if healthy) are championship contenders. But if Harden isnt ready to start moving around when he doesn't have the ball then it's good that he'll be gone.

We can't really judge how Herro performs in the playoffs based off them playing in an empty gym last season, but I'd still rather the Rockets trade for a package including Herro. Not as the centerpiece of the trade though. Harden deserves more respect than that.

clutchdabear and bleedroxred79 like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

You take the 6'10'' modern version of Magic Johnson....

csc177 and D-rock like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Herro would fit better if you plan on building a team around John Wall.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. Asian Sensation

You can forget about the Heat. Jimmy Butler will veto any Harden trade for sure. If Butler wanted to play with Harden so bad he would’ve just signed here last off season like so many of you thought he was going to do.

Butler doesn’t roll like that. He’s not letting Harden come in and take his shine so he can sit around the corner and play a glorified PJ Tucker role while Harden ISO’s and launches ill advised 30ft step back 3’s off 1 foot.

If I’m Pat Riley there’s also no way in hell im giving up Tyler Herro who isn’t even 21 yet plus other assets for a few years of Harden. The Heat have great pieces and their pieces fit together. They’re not going to bring in Harden which would essentially blow up a large chunk of their team and dramatically change their style of play. They’re trending in the right direction without Harden.

Harden don’t really wanna play with Butler anyways. He can think it’s a good idea but that man is demanding, holds you accountable and won’t tolerate Harden’s bs. Even more so than CP3.

We should actually feel fortunate if Simmons and extras are on the table. No team is going to dramatically change the way they play for a few years of Harden. People gotta realize he’s not a seamless fit as you may think. He’s a heavy usage, ball dominant, ISO player that refuses/doesn’t move without the ball. It’s not like adding a Curry or healthy Klay where they can go anywhere and fit in effortlessly.

On that note the Nuggets are NOT trading us Jamal Murray and the Suns are NOT trading us Booker like so many have suggested.

Take the Simmons deal and move on with it already.

RocketStan and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. csc177

csc177 Member

Westbrook was never scared to shoot it.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still be Simmons, but yes much better discussion.

jacoby, ChillyPete32 and Boston84 like this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Heat going to have a better offer, plus good expirings. Herro,Nunn,Iggy,
    Yeah thats why Jimmy thinks the whole things is funny. Aint gonna happen, there team went to the finals last year. So what if James wants to go there. lol You dont blow up a finals team.

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

lets just trade harden for a kicker

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Seriously?

Embiid AND Wood AND Cousins?

Maybe in the 90's, but maybe not even then.

Even if you envision Wood as a 4, remember that Embiid struggled mightily playing alongside Al Horford.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

tc0330 likes this.
  13. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I think you take the best package available for players on the court and picks and not worry about flipping for cap space to bring on a max contract. Why? Because who would really want to come to the Rockets right now? Westbrook forced his way out. Harden wants out. Morey got out. MDA got out. These are well respected people in the NBA. Do we really think another superstar is going to want to come here if they have other options? When the players, coach, and GM don't want to work for the current owner?

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'll only vote for Simmons if he has the will/drive to work on his shooting.

He's not going to win DPOY, he's not the best passer in the league... Yet his shooting is questionable.

SMH, this is dumb. I'm not saying he sucks, but he needs to shoot. That's an ability that's crucial in today's NBA. If a G-leaguer is hitting better shots than you, you have to lead the league in some other category with 0 questions asked.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Simmons, not even a debate.
    Not that sold on Herro. He does have great scoring lines for so young at the big stage. He has tier 2/3 shooting guard potential. Or, he's maybe more a rich man "Tyler Johnson", product of their good system. You dont center a James Harden deal on that.

jiggyfly, D-rock and J.R. like this.
  16. kiwirocketsfan

We want to be trading for the piece to build around.

17. dmoneybangbang

Exactly which is why I picked Simmons in the poll.

kiwirocketsfan likes this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

Right! Why is this even a discussion

19. dmoneybangbang

Shooting is very important in the modern NBA, but I'd be more concerned about Simmons' health. I think Simmons is an elite playmaker and an elite defensive player, the former is an elite skill you can build a foundation around. Herro's path to superstardom is the Steph route, being an elite shooter on or off ball while capable of running a competent offense. However, Simmons has an elite skill right now while Herro would be a huge gamble.

20. csc177

csc177 Member

You lost me when you referenced Steph with Herro.