1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sold the Xbox/controller on eBay today for 900, I pray the gaming gods will forgive me for what I have done.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

**** asking for forgiveness. Go buy your kids some nice gifts for Christmas .

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah I wouldn't expect much, at least not for a while. Seems they really rushed the game out, and it will probably be a while before it even runs well enough on PCs and the next-gen consoles, let alone the older systems.

I believe the PS5 and XSX are just running the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions of the game but with better performance/resolution. Doesn't seem as bad as base PS4 and Xbox One, but I'm not sure the game is really well optimized for any of the consoles. Not even sure it is really all that optimized to run well on high end PCs, though it definitely does the best there.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They aren’t shitty, but it really isn’t much an improvement over the Xbox one x or ps4 pro from what I can see. It’s nothing like the last gen switch was.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It was a joke, and yeah the money goes to Christmas. It was only around 150 profit after shipping and taxes.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

+

7. RC Cola

Not nearly as bad as other bugs, but this still made me laugh.

peleincubus and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I feel bad for CDPR.

Either come out with the game on 12/10 with a bunch of bugs and have people complain about that, or delay the game (again) and have people complain about that.

9. RC Cola

I wouldn't feel sorry for them. Well maybe you can feel sorry for the programmers, QA staff, etc. But the studio itself (and the management team behind it) don't need it, especially given their other poor decisions. Plus it will still make tons of money either way, so they probably don't care that much.

IIRC, the game had a "when it's done" release date for a while, and for whatever reason, they decided to put out release dates way too early. Also decided to support way too many platforms for launch. It turns out that crunching for 12-24 months isn't actually a good way to make a bug-free game, especially when you dramatically increase the scope of your game.

As much as I loved their previous games, Cyberpunk is making me do a 180 on my impressions of CDPR. :(

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm I'm two hours in with my regular ps4 and i dont see any bugs nor is it bad graphically. Watch out for the fake news. Its beautiful on my ps4 (and im sure even more beautiful on next gen)

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

F*ck the haters.

Rodman23 and tmoney1101 like this.
  12. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Not trying to be a potential downer. I REALLY hope it plays fine on either my Xbox One S or my 2 year old PS4, but could the bugs/issues start once the game "opens up" (which is about 6-8 hours in)?

I hope it keeps playing fine for you. Keep us updated

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'll go ahead and wait until I can finally get my hands on a PS5 and some patches.

Don't really have time for much gaming anyway this time of year.

14. Victorious

Victorious Member

I believe people who bought on current gen, will get free upgrade for next gen

15. RC Cola

Still watching the video, but even with the resolution and framerate numbers, its pretty rough and pretty far from beautiful IMO. Spends a lot of time at 720p and ~15 FPS on base PS4 (I guess maybe lower on base Xbox One). That's pretty bad, especially since it does drop a lot of effects from PC build, and their AA looks pretty bad at the low resolutions. Also had multiple crashes on base PS4.

I guess if you want to compare it to say Witcher 3 on Switch, then I guess it is fine, but relative to TLOU2 or GoT, it is pretty ugly IMO.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Disagree. You're throwing around all these gamer/ TV terms, which makes me think it only looks poor to hardcore gamer snobs. I played FF7 before this, which was amazing looking and probably the best looking game I had played thus far, and this game is on par with that.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Also, i know tlou2 stands for the last of us 2, but what is GoT?

18. RC Cola

I used those terms because it's easier to communicate visuals in that way, but I guess people can just watch the video and see for themselves. It looks blurry with lots of artifacts and has tons of stuttering that affect gameplay. I'm sure you and lots of people could be fine with that, but it's still pretty bad relative to most games. I guess the art direction and whatnot are still pretty good, so the game can seem really pretty despite those things.

I can think of several other games that look better, but it would just be my opinion vs yours unless we use those metrics. So agree to disagree I guess.

GoT = Ghost of Tsushima

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So far it runs well on Xbox one x
    Installed the patch

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Game of thrones

jk

ghost of Tsushima