1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden has added bucks and heat to “preferred destinations”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 10, 2020.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Vegas runs the NBA.

pippendagimp and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Agreed. This looks like it could take awhile. We haven't even really seen a market yet. Teams will offer accordingly based on their needs by the deadline, maybe even more so next off season. As much as I hate the circus we have to do whats best for the Rockets. Before Harden we had a rep of not being superstar friendly....we get our guy, give him everything he asked for, and he still stiffs us. Time to take care of us.

hakeem94 and DVauthrin like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

LMFAO. What a circus this is becoming.
    Yeah sure, trade him to the Bucks, but only for Giannis.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, i'm not saying he's/his source is right, but we know Harden wants to be traded right? If it didn't happen yet it's because the Rockets aren't getting back what they want and what we think we should get back, it's that simple. So, maybe his source isn't wrong so far, then again things change so let's see, but just saying, you would've believed if someone told you a day before that we were about to trade CP3 plus multiple picks and swaps for Westbrook? I know i wouldn't have, then i woke up.

#345 Vivi, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

One source.......lol, yea okay. Unless that source is Woj or Shams....idk man.

Yea, Im sure he got Hawks related stuff right, considering he's a hawks guy....but as far as having that many fingerprints in that many organizations, color me doubtful. Brooklyn never made an offer.....cmon man.

Right, Im just not of the belief that there is NO trade market for James Harden lol, and that this dude has one source that knows about every GMs front office stuff.

King1 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, i like reading insiders, regardless of if what they say is something i like to hear or not, if they're right or wrong who knows.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Aware

Aware Member

lmao at reading some of the takes from heat and bucks fans.
    like not wanting to give up herro or middleton for james lol.

sounds a lot like what some were saying about giving up lamb for james in the original deal tbh.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. YaoMingsSoulja

Why would Harden go to the Heat? The Rockets tried signing Butler, he didn't want to come here to play with Harden, he wanted to be the man and have his own team. I also don't see Harden taking a back seat to Butler in Miami. Also, the Heat went to the NBA FINALS last year. Why on earth would they break up that team when they were 2 wins away from winning it all? Doesn't make sense.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea why you are posting rank speculation.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why would harden add the bucks to the list. Doesn’t make sense. Many things don’t make sense but at this point it is what it is. He has his reasons apparently

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Sigh..yea me too.

Sanity2disChaos and Vivi like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sorry bro, i'm gonna ask your permission next time.

Os Trigonum, hakeem94, AXG and 3 others like this.
  15. shorerider

shorerider Member

The logic of Harden's demand is escaping me: He wants to be traded to a "contender", but in order to do so, the Rockets would undoubtedly need to receive near equal value that would instantly make the destination team "not a contender".

What am I missing here?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or maybe he is just making **** up for attention and speculating like other "sources".

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or you could just answer why you think its relevant?

But you do you.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's no guarantee that the Heat make it all the way back to the Finals again. Every other EC playoff team, with the exception of the Magic, got better. Washington and Atlanta will compete for the playoffs. The Heat didn't really make any splashy offseason moves to drastically improve their team.

I'm sure Butler and Harden would have lots of conversations about fit and things like that before Miami pulls the trigger. Would the Heat completely listen to Butler? No, not completely, but Butler's opinion matters a whole hell of a lot more than it did a year ago, to them.

If Riley believes Harden is the key to winning it all, he'll try to trade for Harden.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Like Nick said this move was probably so that Morey feels more pressured. Right now he knows Nets don’t have enough and won’t trade KD and ofc the Rockets don’t want Kyrie.

I feel the Rockets should also have just talks with other teams that aren’t contenders and leak these rumors too. If only just to pressure Harden to stay here at least until the trade deadline or this season. Just to give one more try to the team and the new players that we have. The Rockets should have an understanding with Harden that if we don’t go to the finals or win it then we could trade him. Then they would try to trade him to a contender but if he keeps this antics up they could just trade him to the knicks or kings or just wherever we get the best deal for us.

Leaking trade talks with other non contenders will pressure both Harden and Morey. Morey probably knew this was happening when he talked with Harden for his extension. Plus we have Tilman, who want to deal with nosy Cheapman?!
    This drama was probably planned by Morey and Harden.
    Morey: Ask to be trade to the Nets, expand your trade to the Sixers. Then just expand to other teams that don’t have anything good for the Rockets. That way they feel pressure to trade Harden to the Sixers. Sixers get a steal and don’t trade Simmons, send a bunch of bad contracts like Harris and bad picks and screw Tilman and the Rockets on the process.

That’s probably Morey’s master plan. Last season he planned that Instagram comment. He isn’t dumb for not knowing that it would not just affect the Rockets but the NBA. He wanted to get fired or messed up the relationship with China and the Rockets. He knew Tilman is cheap, etc

Anyway enough of my conspiracy theories. :p but who knows they might be close to the truth.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man, i don't know what to say, just take it as random speculation if you're so intollerant to it...i mean, it's just another insider on the internet.

21. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Tyreke Evans