1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden has added bucks and heat to “preferred destinations”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 10, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he should add Sacramento and charlotte

2. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Not going to read through whole thread (I'm sure this has already been commented on this ad nauseum), but the Bucks? The ****ing Bucks? The superstar who has constantly shat on Harden for a few years now. The same superstar who played dirty in a recent all-star game. If this isn't proof that Harden is the ultimate beta cuck, I don't know what is.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're saying he would be a refreshing change from James Harden?? :cool:

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not enough to just surround Simmons with shooters, u also have to surround him with guys that can get buckets because he’a not giving u much more than 16-18 ppg

by the time we do that, if we ever even manage to, his contract will be up

5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

NOP was able to leak the Lakers offer and drive up the price with them as the only real bidder (remember we read a million times that the Celtics were not willing to part with Tatum) in large part because Magic didn't know what he was doing. The media is constantly speculating about a Simmons-Harden trade. The Sixers are saying that for the sake of their team. Not to try to drive down the price.

You were saying we should leak offers that don't even exist. That's not basketball reporting works. Maybe you play shenanigans at the trade deadline but if there's not a real market right at this moment because teams aren't ready to empty the chamber you can't manufacture one out of the thin air that could pretty easily blow up in your face when no one is really ready to move yet.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont know but katya's apple bottom is welcome in houston lol

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

I don't want Simmons.

I doubt any contender has the assets we would want to trade Harden for. We don't want the 30th pick in the next 3 drafts.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Morey was a master at controlling the media and perception. Sometimes manipulating these two aspect does nothing to benefit the transaction.

But every negotiator knows that every negotiations can tilt with the lightest of pressure. And the pressure of media, piblic perception and narrative are essential tools that are not only useful but readily available to be used.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

facts. and I asked @RudyTBag this regarding surrounding him. not sure we can be confident it gets done. in fact, doubtful

fckbandwagons and Reeko like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I assume Harden has a “no trade” clause in his contract. Can anyone confirm?

11. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

call me when puts OKC om his list....

12. izeroi

izeroi Member

He does not have a no trade clause.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think he could get close to 25 ppg if a team was built around him. Plus his impact on defense has to be worth a few ppg right? I am on the Simmons Train.

Denovo likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If you don't think teams don't leak fake info to media... I don't know what to tell you. Research gammons espn baseball writer. It's not a rare occurrence lol.

As to the matter of it blowing up in their face. What? That would only happened if the team was ran by toddlers. Info fake and real is leaked to media all the time under UNNAMED sources. That's how the business works.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

which is why I question why anyone could say longer team-control and having a player still on his rookie deal means nothing

it’s not like we can trade John Wall who Simmons doesn’t really fit with or acquire the high level snipers and scorers that he needs any time soon

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Would be hilarious if Harden gets traded for Giannis.

Awkward for everyone including the players and the fans of the two franchises.

17. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Yes, people play games with the media all the time on what draft prospects they like, etc. but it can come back to bite you if you don't do it right. We can't just get a Shams tweet that Denver offered Jamal Murray and expect him to tweet it and also expect that will start a rush of great offers while not potentially blowing up in our faces.

Denver doesn't want to have to answer questions about Jamal Murray and if we're putting out BS they aren't going to want to deal with this. It also affects your ability to use the media how you want them in the future if you are giving them BS and they run with it.

If we're putting out some BS around the trade deadline when things are moving quick and it really is make a deal or get off the pot time, then yeah, that would make sense. Or if we've got a deal that's good enough but we want to see if we can get a better one, then maybe that too. But it's dumb to do it right now.

#297 ChillyPete32, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere but in my opinion if were the trailblazers GM I would make a play for Harden. After several years of not being able to win with that team I think it is time to make a change and I believe Harden can take that team very far and possibly a title. Dame Dolla would have to be traded for Harden. Again I’m not saying this is realistic or feasible or the numbers work I just think they would do great by swapping teams to get a fresh start elsewhere. I can see them both thriving in their new environment. But the question is can wall work with Dame? I would move Wall after the season if the two can’t co exist. All this is fantasy though.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

This is getting comical and not sure if any of these is just some bs rumor or not....