1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberex, paging Cyberex v.3.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 8, 2020.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That must have been his undoing.

saleem likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not sure where to post this. But this is that NBAsupes guy from Hawksquak.
    https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432784-12012020-the-new-ask-supes/?do=findComment&comment=1048796

Update:

He did get back to HOU side on this finally:

HOU still wants 1.50/a dollar. That doesn't mean they will get it but it's what they want.

They want a foundational YOUNG and CONTROLLABLE piece, they want a lot of future unprotected 1sts, and they want a lot of quality young players.

HOU side confirmed the offers haven't been what they want but they are confident that teams who are trying to win and aren't on the list will make a strong offer to force the teams on the list to do it as well. As of right now, the ball just started rolling so we will see what the true market is as they said that hasn't be purely established yet.

HOU is saying they are getting calls from everyone for Harden and that he's highly wanted.

His guy within is saying that they think they can get a very good deal. He said, the Jrue Holiday deal is extremely hard to get as Harden just has a lot more winning value so anyone who gets Harden will be so much better that there is no risk for that team. Giannis could walk so that NO deal looks amazing for them but "if we trade Harden, Giannis will easily stay and that's a bad deal for us". So future 1sts are valuable but key young players are more valuable if they have trade interest and can get better.

He said HOU is willing to send Harden anywhere if it comes down to it but would love for him to stay and be a part of the 2020-21 Rockets ideally speaking and that's the goal. Not for a trade. He didn't have negative to say about James or his agent (mother). They understand what he's done for the franchise and respect them dearly. They want this to get back on board.

The only specifics I got was that HOU is willing to negotiate with LAC but they will have to be a 3rd team that will deliver what HOU wants for Harden. That would be extremely difficult as that 3rd team will only offer for that player coming to them, not Harden. LAC doesn't have it's own picks till 2027. All of LA's assets are here now, not in 2021. They would have to strike sooner than later.

They would prefer not to move him but if they have to, they are open to trading him anywhere. The issue is, James is specific. He wants to win a title. If your trade hurts that and you aren't one of the teams, man, you might not want to do it. DeRozan while productive has never been a major winning player but if you trade one for Harden and you can't make a big offer. You will lose Harden and suffer the same faith.

Remember, even for a rental, their goals are the same: They want a foundational YOUNG and CONTROLLABLE piece, they want a lot of future unprotected 1sts, and they want a lot of quality young players.

Harden could get traded by the end of the weekend or he might finish the year as a Rocket, I wouldn't be shocked either way.

As for the Hawks, he didn't hear we had interest. Also, Eric Gordon is on the market and has been since the draft. No suitors.

Blake, Two Sandwiches, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  3. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Seems like the smartest way to go about it if you're the Rockets organization. I doubt there is a workable trade that puts Harden in a better situation than he is currently so ultimately I think he ends up playing this year out with the Rockets.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

They are doing the right thing then unlike O'Brien

5. malakas

malakas Member

what??
    Translation anyone?

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This seems all very plausible. If true, I like how the Rockets are going about it. About what they are asking for. AND wanting to keep Harden if at all possible.

cc @Nook @Codman @cyberx @ch44

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432784-12012020-the-new-ask-supes/?do=findComment&comment=1048944

Update:

I know you guys saw Shams C. piece about Harden but that's not even what going on behind the scenes.

Miami is all in for Giannis. They haven't made an offer for James and they will only be willing to make an offer if Butler/Herro/Bam are off the table

Milwaukee doesn't have anything HOU wants outside of Giannis.

Brooklyn STILL has not made an offer and won't till HOU lowers their demands

Simmons still isn't available and from what I was told, won't be available.

GS has pulled out but don't be surprised if they are in a deal if HOU trades him.

All signs continue to point to where HOU isn't interested in, Los Angeles Clippers. LAC is the only desperate team out there. They just ultimately lack the pieces a rebuilding team needs. The market for PG13 is a lot smaller than it was during the draft(No ATL for example) but he still has value on the open market for multiple assets.

Houston can be mad about it but ultimately, James choose the WORST time to do this.

And what's also going around was James didn't want to play with John as much as he wanted to get Russ out of HOU. He knew WAS had interest in Russ and both were ready to sit out TC. This was ultimately to lower the asking price of the Rockets to WAS. It was stated that HOU wanted one unprotected 1st for Russ from WAS or Rui. There is a lot of bad blood between Tillman-Harden due to political views and how James sees Tillman treat others that aren't preferred like he is. My guy gave you HOU perspective. They aren't going to bend but everyone around the league knows they have little to no options considering James reputation in the NBA among front offices.

He's worth a lot more to us than them. LAC is the team with the biggest interest but HOU hasn't been receptive as of late. They were focused on Boston and Philly. Boston has recently pulled out like GS did so we all know their card and it's Philly. Philly hasn't made Simmons available and don't seem to have the interest to do so. Based on what I got, if Simmons was available, even without a pick, HOU would do it considering the market for James right now.

Invisible Fan and RustyHarden like this.
  8. mightybosstone

If true, ouch. But I just find it so hard to believe that no one wants a player of Harden's skills, even if he has been a headache off the court as of late.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

This guy is saying Harden did his buddy a fave in Westbrook by getting the Rockets to trade him before harden bailed? Seriously both Harden and Westbrook had an exit strategy devised together it seems

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Trade deadline deal ... no need to rush. Someone will pony up.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. We don’t have to trade him, period. Errrrrryone wanting us to give him up for crap can suck our red Rocket balls...

rgw20014life and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. finsraider

finsraider Member

The keeping Harden priority #1, and trading him for a massive haul priority #2 is exactly right.

The Rockets don’t have to do anything. They can sit on this and let it play out. The damage has already been done...how much lower will the offers get at this point?

This is all posturing. “This player isn’t available, that player isn’t available...” it’s all bogus.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

As sad as I am to say it, it might be time for a signature change.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@Deuce this guy has consistently been wrong. He's wrong again. Max extension for PG. He hears some things but pretends like he hears it all.

Harden for PG was never going to happen. It just wasn't.

Kawhi for Harden? You have my interest. Also not happening.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, I know this guy is just a messenger and isn't forming the narrative, but here we go again with this ****. CP3 wants out of LA? Cool, here is an entire team's worth of assets for you to rebuild with. PG wants out of Indy? Sure, no problem, here are two foundational pieces for you, Pacers. Oh, he wants out of OKC now?? Ok Thunder, here is one of the most promising young guards in the league and a truck load of picks. AD wants out of NOLA?? Ok, here is an absolute HAUL for your troubles, Pels. Oh, wait, now Harden wants out of Houston?? LMAO get ****ed, Rockets. Nobody wants that bum anyways.....eh, maybe the Clippers I guess. GTFOH with this nonsense. James Harden is one of the most coveted players in the league, period.

16. Fantasma Negro

Paul George just got extended, so a trade to the clippers involving PG at this time ain't happening. So unless, Philly adds Simmons to their package, Harden will at the least start the season in a rockets uniform.

17. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Or remain in Covid protocol.

18. Fantasma Negro

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Look for a possible Kawhi extension S&T. The Clips soured on him after last year, and if Tilman wants Harden gone quickly, they might be the only team willing to play ball. Whether Kawhi would do it, who knows?

Personally, I'm not crazy about swapping out a work horse for someone who'll play 3 out of every 4 games.

20. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I don't think you'll get a better deal than Kawhi for Harden straight up.