1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden has added bucks and heat to “preferred destinations”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with this, and it is part of the reason the Rockets want Harden practicing and playing so that they can at a minimum hold onto Harden until there is a better market. For example a desperate good but not great team at the deadline or the off season where a big name free agent can say they will only sign if Harden is added via trade.

Deuce, csc177 and raining threes like this.
  2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Nah they won’t give up Murray. More like MPJ, Barton, and Harris and picks.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

RIP Paul Walker.

5. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Herden didnt want John wall he just wanted to get his boy westbrook out before him

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

7. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Was a Rocket fan yesterday, will be one tomorrow. Grew up in LA, listened to the San Diego broadcast on a POS transistor radio. Lots of peaks and valleys over the years. If/when Harden leaves, so be it. I am still a Houston Rockets fan.

All this speculation of Harden for Simmons, well that's a start. We do realize with the moving of RW & JH we are losing, even on a bad night, 50 points, 15 rebounds, & 15 assist a night. How does Simmons and whatever the 76ers have replace that. "Well if Cousins and Wall are just 80%..."

No! Those guys were brought in to replace the production of RoCo, Rivers, and Green. Again 50-15-15 gone. We shouldn't expect more than 15-10 from Woods as a first year starter. I'm optimistic about Brown and Nwaba contributing. And Silas if anything like his mentor Carlisle, he goes deep into his bench.

People complained about RWs empty stats. Well the object of the game is to outscore your opponent. Add a departure of JH we need more point production.

I don't have any trade proposals, but if we move JH we're gonna need A LOT more than Simmons. Plus frp capital.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Harden putting in more teams is a good sign that the Rockets will be able to make this work for them, and Harden is smart enough to understand the situation. All these teams being in the East is not subtle. Harden is worried about his legacy, and knows he needs final appearances in order to boost his legacy... NBA title or not. He's scared of the Lakers for sure, and probably a couple other teams in the West.

He obviously also wants to get moved before the season starts so the Rockets have some leverage here to put pressure on Harden's agent (his mom???... uhh... okay) to call up GM's of these other teams to help broker a deal like other stars have done in the past.

Stone has the leverage here, and should be able to get a kings ransom of picks, and swaps... unless it's Philly who has the best player to offer. However he shouldn't overthink this. If the deal is right, pull the trigger. The Rockets could relatively flip those picks, and players for another star in the future, and they can potentially have some good quality picks in the future to put solid young prospects around Wall to have a pretty fun younger team at the very least.

Crashlanded19 and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

You just summed up all of society under the age of 35 (Lebron is the exception regarding age).

ipaman and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I’d make giannis our PG. I don’t think harden and giannis will get along so they have to think about sending giannis out, since he hasn’t commuted to the team either.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's totally mind-boggling to me how BAD sports media is at coming up with potential trades. They are equally as bad as Twitter casuals at only looking at it from one team's perspective instead of flipping the deal to see if it's something THEY would take for an All-NBA player still in his prime. It's so frustrating, and such a ******* waste of time to read articles centered around trying to find a viable solution to this mess.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

They wasted all their picks acquiring Jrue Holliday. They have nothing to offer.

BMoney, Tristan_fiore and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Harden will not go to Miami or Milwaukee. He wouldn't fit with Giannis or Butler. I think he knows this.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, that's my take. It's something that Milwaukee should evaluate heavily. It's risky for the Rockets, but maybe we can convince Giannis to stay if we give him the God treatment that Harden enjoys here.

I'd take the risk personally.

Harden in Milwaukee with the cast there, minus Giannis, is still a championship contender. It's a team built incredibly well for Harden since he would have shooting all around plus you have Jrue Holiday to take the load off Harden in creating. Automatic championship contender.

Giannis can then come here and be hated and never win an MVP again lol (granted he stays with Houston).

15. mightybosstone

If Milwaukee is willing to part with Middleton and every single pick they can feasibly move, that's at least not the worst offer I can imagine. The Heat are actually more exciting to me, though. I don't think there's a chance they'd offer Bam, but a package based around Herro and Robinson and whatever picks the Heat have left would be intriguing to me. It allows you to at least have a competitive roster now while still building around a young core of Wood and Herro down the line. It's a gamble, though. Guys like Simmons and Jaylen Brown, we at least know they're already All-Star caliber. Herro has great potential, but he's still a pretty big question mark. He could end up being a 20-25 point guy down the road, or he could just be JJ Reddick.

everyday eddie and DeBeards like this.
  16. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I hope this gets done before the season starts. Either James comes out publicly and say “I want to be in Houston, I want to win/ sign extension etc....” or Stone just trades him. Either way I hope this is done before 12/22.

Richie_Rich and LabMouse like this.
  17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I am guessing that a trade with LA Clippers would make lots of sense. Houston gets PG, Clippers get Harden, the problem is solved quickly.

18. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Bucks? Didnt Harden say something like Giannis isn’t skilled or something of that nature? Only was good because his size. Funny how his opinion has changed.

BamBam likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Anything is better then playing for Tillman

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but is making the playoffs by getting to a lower seed really that enticing?

But might as well flip Harden for picks and youngins to rebuild.