1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UNDISPUTED | Shannon tells it like it is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Dec 8, 2020.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Say what you want to say but Harden is NOT a good leader. He may win championship someday but not as the alpha dog. As much as I think McHale was a buffoon maybe he was right about Harden. A good leader should lead by examples. It is so frustrating to see Harden year after year not trying his best on defense, getting his head down during adversity and refusing to move without the ball. When you constantly getting preferential treatment and not hold yourself accountable, you are not earning respect from your teammates. It’s a shame because the man had so much talent and could have been great.

fchowd0311 and lilbird20 like this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

Harden plays defense and is certainly an all-time great. he is top 10 in career win shares per 48, and bpm. Led the league in win shares 4 times and total vorp 3 times. Only guards to do that were oscar and jordan

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The Rockets tried to hide Harden on defense whenever possible. Guys like that don't get all-NBA defense votes.

ashleyem likes this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-ratings/

Harden was elite on defense in 2020. He had close to 100 steals and 100 blocks. and had an elite defensive raptor rating. you hakeem stans want harden traded because you dont want him to pass hakeem on the rockets all-time scoring list. Just come out and admit it

Now im seeing a bunch of usernames with hakeem and rudy t avatars commenting on how they want harden traded.

Also you should stop listening to ben taylor. He is a biased steph curry nuthugger

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He wasn't elite on defense. You can't be elite when your own team tries to hide you defensively.

fchowd0311 and Ramo$e like this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

men lie, women lie, the NUMBERS dont lie. And the numbers show that harden was elite defensively in 2020

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Numbers don't lie, but their interpretations do. If Player A is guarding Michael Jordan, and Player B is guarding Lu Dort, Player B is going to have better defensive numbers. That doesn't mean he's a better defender.

8. HardenVolumeOne

thats why i used raptor rating, it takes into account the defensive rating when that player is on the court. Harden, and covington were our best defenders in 2020

Harden will pass hakeem in total win shares, vorp. already leads in win shares per 48 and career bpm. You want harden gone because he is creeping up on your kings numbers

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Houston hasn't done enough. They didn't build a champion nor were they ever favored to win one. Every trade deadline is dedicated to saving Tillman money. Morey Gone. Blame the owner.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That just means it's a bad stat. PJ Tucker is easily a better defender than Harden.

Olajuwon is a fringe top 10 GOAT player. In terms of legacy, Harden isn't remotely close to Olajuwon.

11. HardenVolumeOne

Hakeem’s advanced stats aren’t that good. He got numbers much like Stockton because he played for a lot longer. Harden in just 8 years has already peaked higher than dream. Hakeem never had a PER close to 30. Harden has had a per of at least 29 for three straight years. Listen I love Hakeem. I’m first generation Nigerian American. But harden is arguably going by stats the second best 2 guard ever. For as good as you wanna say Hakeem is defensively. Harden is just as good offensively

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dream was DOMINANT on both ends of the floor.

DVauthrin and PDJACK7 like this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

that’s a myth. His offense was only average to above average. Dominant means as a big man you are scoring something like Kareem or wilt like. Where you have a bunch of 40 point games. Harden in 8 years is just one game away from breaking hakeems record for most 35 point games in rockets playoff history. Just 8 YEARS bruh. Think of how many more minutes Hakeem played more than harden to set that record

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In terms of legacy, Harden is closer to McGrady than he is Olajuwon.

Look at Olajuwon's playoff numbers compared to his regular season numbers. Now do the same for Harden. Does anything stand out?

How does Harden's defense compare with Olajuwon's offense?

"Going by stats" is a disingenuous argument. Harden plays in a system designed to inflate his stats in an era that benefits perimeter players.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Olajuwon's offense was dominant enough to be the centerpiece of multiple championship teams.

DVauthrin likes this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

How is it telling it how it is if he didn’t even get the intro right. Dwight came because Morey wanted another star. Dwight wanted the ball when it was better if Harden did more pnr. Dwight wanted no part of that and we didn’t want Dwight. So he left after his contract was up. yes neither Dwight and Harden got along well. But Dwight has been to how many teams now and he didn’t get along with others. Everyone was flowing him before. So yea don’t bring Dwight.

Then Cp3 was the perfect fit but he did get hurt and the next year he was looking bad. Missing all his go to shots and people were calling him washed. He also got into Harden because he was asking or barking too much when he was just sitting on the bench or playing poorly.
    With that I would have loved to keep Cp3 but they didn’t get along as we wished the did. And yes I blame Morey, Tilman and Harden for this. But Cp3 didn’t leave he was traded lol idk what Shannon is talking about. Cp3 get into people nerve too.

Russ wasn’t a good fit and we don’t know exactly what happened between them. Until they talked we won’t know. Maybe Harden told him he wanted to leave. Or he saw the rumors I don’t know.

but to say Harden makes people leave because of the isos that’s just wrong.

He does need to mature if he wants a ring. If he was so focused on it. He would leave the night life until he wins a chip. He could have refused that big pay check and we could have had more flexibility. He could work on his mindset for the playoffs too. Seems he listens to the media too much even if he says he doesn’t affect him.
    I

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sorry my friend, I watched the man in his prime and he was dominant on both ends. In his prime, he could not be stopped 1 on 1 and was always amongst the leaders in rebounds, blocks & steals. DOMINANT. Faced off against the best bigs of his day & put two trophies in Houston. I saw it.

18. HardenVolumeOne

lol I see i got under your skin a bit. It’s just my opinion backed by data and research. Go to Michael Jordan’s basketball reference page and scroll down to the similarity scores section. You will see cp3 and harden as the only active players who had a top 10 peak match and career to Michael Jordan. Lol but yea harden is mcgrady

no go to Tracy mcgradys bbref page and look at his similarity scores.

Before you check harden. I’m just gonna let you know it’s probably the highest ranked and rated similarity score to the elite all time greats. Probably the best current active matches outside of Lebron, Durant and cp3

19. OpportunityCost

I agree. I am ready for him to move on and a new brand of Rocket's basketball to be ushered in by Silas. I love his philosophy that I heard him speak of for offense - movement, and not all of this standing around which is easier to defend. We're not going to win a championship with Harden at this point, IMO. We're also not going to get equal value for him in a trade, so that should be understood. So, we have to find a way to make lemonade out of this current bucket of lemons as it relates to his alleged desire to leave Houston. I trust Stone will make the best decision for the the Rocket's organization.

ashleyem likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

yes his offense was average to above average. Hakeem was similar to kawhi where his postseason level far shined his regular season level. But I still maintain Hakeems offense was average to above average for most of his career