1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So many similarities.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

True, one is dead and the other thinks he is remaking The Hangover

Patience and WiltTheStilt13 like this.
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

OP is this really the road you want to go down? Comparing Harden to Kobe?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you want to watch an interview of Kobe's mindset on lifestyle and training.

It's obvious the dude has like 30 iq points on Harden.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh not so sure about Kobe being all that bright with the whole rape thing, but he certainly had a way of taking what he wanted.

5. fchowd0311

So he's a confirmed rapist? Or was it an allegation? A pattern of allegations like with Trump or Clinton makes me suspicious. He's had one allegation his entire life though so I'm not going to assume it's a problem with Kobe.

I mean it's obvious that Kobe was a far more intelligent human than Harden. It's unfortunate but it probably just has a large part to do with Kobe's more privliged lifestyle as a kid.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, I believe Kobe raped that girl... and there was overwhelming physical evidence, he paid a lot in a civil suit and he issued an apology.

I have never found Kobe Bryant to be terribly intelligent to be honest, I did find him to have a really strong drive to succeed and someone that had a really strong zest for life and was a great competitor.

7. fchowd0311

I found him to be intelligent. He was very introspective and lived a very smart lifestyle. What makes you say he wasn't intelligent?

And I don't think one allegation proves anything. Of Kobe had a history of it, it would be more credible. Maybe he did cheat but I can easily see a low wage individual try to receive bank and change the narrative to "it was rape".

I mean think about. Does Kobe even have a single other incident of showing his libido like Harden does on a daily basis in his entire life.

xtruroyaltyx, bro2044 and Nook like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

I meant personality wise, the situation is similar. Although, Kobe wanted to be a Laker his whole life leading up to the NBA.

9. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Lol. That was not basketball related at all.

But ok, if you wanna compare the sexual adventures of the two, harden is much smarter as he seeks for "professional" girls, who won't file a rape complaint against him. YES! Take that Lakers!

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Move it to the other thread plz. Thanksss.

11. fchowd0311

I mean it's obvious as night and day who's brain is or was more driven by their libido.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wait, so Blames isn't out partying? He was really at training camp on time???

13. Nook

Nook Member

The girl that he raped came from a lot of money. There was also a lot of physical evidence including blood splatters. I have looked very closely at the case and have a close relationship with someone that worked on the case... I feel very strongly that he raped her. As far as cheating, there is no question he serially cheated on his wife, he had a mistress at the same time he raped the girl.

Yes, Kobe was introspective, especially as he grew up. I do not think that he was stupid, I just do not think he is as smart as a number of other basketball players. As far as living a smart lifestyle, I am not sure what you mean by that. If you mean he ate well and exercised I would agree, but he also took a lot of unnecessary risks, had a lot of marital and relationship problems etc.

I find Kobe's zest for life and limitless energy to be extremely appealing and inspiring, the rest of him not so much.

I look at someone like DeMarcus Cousins or even a Rasheed Wallace and I believe that they have a far higher IQ than Bryant or Harden.... and they both have issues.

Sometimes people can do what appears to be all the right things and still end up less than happy or even miserable..... look at Tim Duncan. He did everything the way we are told to do it, and he is divorced and has some fairly serious issues...... then you see someone like Gerald Green that does everything the opposite of what is suggested and by all accounts he is one of the happiest people you will come across.

Anyway, it all gets complicated. I personally do not think that Bryant is really any smarter than Harden, but he does have so character traits that Harden lacks that would benefit Harden.... and vice versa. I will give Bryant credit for later in his young life being willing to go to counseling and try to improve himself.

Bobbythegreat and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Kobe already had a couple of rings.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

I think I’m ready for the Ben Simmons era man

wall
    Gordon/Thybulle
    House
    Simmons
    Wood/Cousins

let’s just do it.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, as Shaq's sidekick. Then Shaq got forced out by Kobe and so Kobe needed the Lakers to bring in someone else to carry him. He ended his career having never led a championship team in win shares suggesting that he was arguably never the best player on any championship team.

His bigs always did the heavy lifting.

ThaButcher and Nook like this.
  17. the shark

the shark Member

Nothing similar about them.

One of them was a winner (with rings on his fingers) when he was wanting to be traded and the other one just has a wad of cash between his fingers to give the bims at the strip clubs.

18. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

So many similarities between this thread and the 45 other Harden ones.

19. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Man you actually hit the nail on the head in that comment. When you try to please others & do what everyone else expects you to do....you usually end up miserable yourself. When "you do you" so to speak & disregard what others think & expect of you, you usually end up happy. You just have to be able to tune out the noise that is bound to come with not living life to please others.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Similarities?

LMAO.

Harden has 5 fingers on his left hand.

Kobe has 5 rings on his 5 fingers of his left hand.

That's the similarities you are talking about?