1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

man, morey really does play chess when everyone plays checkers.

philly offered him his current position in 2018 i believe? and tried to pry him away from us. after morey realized how handicapped he was with tilman... there is no way morey didn't realize the ramifications of his hk tweet. i'm sure he was planning his exit already last summer after the russ trade went down.

and then this offseason with philly, he already assembled a team that would fit harden perfectly - shooters, 3d wings.... got rid of horford's contract.
    moreyball is all about maximizing the 3 and ben simmons clearly isn't a player that fits into moreyball. morey is giving off the illusion that he's reluctant to give away simmons as a negotiating tactic so that the rockets will be happy enough just to get simmons. but the reality is, simmons and harden don't fit together (both need the ball, simmons can't shoot, no spacing) and morey knows he has to get rid of simmons anyways if he's to get harden.

just hope that stone knows morey well enough that he can call morey's bluff and pry as much as he can from the sixers.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Brabra is full of it. He assured us Harden would sign the extension. He's 50/50 was wrong, so now he is going to join the Sixers bandwagon, leeching off Woj's reporting. **** that dude lol. I know he got a few things right, but still, he don't know **** on this one. The Rockets can't even locate Harden lol.

CCity Zero and Ramo$e like this.
  3. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

please stop. Herro for smart is like zion for bam

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets would love to. They need a team though willing to give up young assets and draft picks for the risk.

I wonder if the Heat would do it. I think they could do a Raptors like thing with him and Pat thinks big, he'd be thinking a Butler-Harden-Giannis big three and would he sell off so many of those good young players to us?

I think that's a dark horse team, they have the young players that I think a lot of people here would be happy to get and for them they have to know that run of theirs was more of a magical type and not something that is going to be easily repeatable with more firepower. I don't know if Jimmy and James will get along but that'll be their problem but they have a lot to trade that the Rockets would like moving forward and then maybe they would be more attractive to another star.

Harden of course would love Miami.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I won't stop. I'm on a message forum, will propose trades for discussion even if they are asinine. :D

CCity Zero and TMAC3 like this.
  6. bigreg

bigreg Member

I agree that Simmons is better than the picks. But if Simmons is not included or the rest of the package is garbage, then get the picks back, draft well in the 1st round (when is the last time the Rockets did that), and just go into a full blown rebuild with homegrown talent. Next year's draft is loaded, especially at the top, if we can get that high.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trade him to Atlanta Hawks

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Harden's fighting a battle that he can't win right now.

He's on contract, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't play, and he didn't even sign his extension so he's already losing money.

He's going to get smart, show up, play the game, and eventually get traded like AD did.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Yeah send your franchise star to some place like Charlotte or Orlando and see how that goes over with Potential free agents. The amount of stupidity in this thread. Smh

10. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Yep a lot of soft tissues injuries on the DNP list

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Bad trade there. As long as Tatum is in Boston, they won't be in the lottery

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

he also said Harden wanted nothing to do with BK which was clearly never the case

ElPigto likes this.
  14. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

When did he assure us of the extension? He said watch for the dec 22 deadline and we aren’t there yet. Who knows, by then, the rockets could have another all star caliber player that makes Harden sign the extension. We also could see Harden moved by then. Bra bra has been accurate with his news.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, it definitely needs to be in the Rockets best interests... Or honestly why bother - the Rockets are set back to the point that if there aren't actually these deals out there it's not going to matter, making a move to make one is the worst option here. And if you rush it or let him walk after 2 years, it's going to be a good several years if things don't go well with the current roster. It's almost better to wait and see what the current roster looks like so the Rockets will know how far away they are from contender vs rebuild.

Like now with the media actually turning on Harden, it might take their eyes off of the supposedly "toxic culture" the Rockets have. Could it actually be toxic with tilman, maybe so... But at the same time this isn't good for his brand either.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

For Capela, straight up. The circle of life.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Where oh where have we heard that second line before? "Morey is working on something magical that will somehow land us the player we want without giving up a significant piece in return."

Morey get out of here with your lies.

clutchdabear and Ramo$e like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

someone quick get this intel to @BraBra so he can include it in his next insider's newsletter

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I have a feeling the Philly deal gets done...

Ramo$e likes this.