1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

It would be nice to see how Harden run with this new unit and different system. Give it a few months. No hurry.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I was thinking about this... Like when the team owner (money first, right?) didn't necessarily back Morey's thoughts on the HK situation, it basically created a rift. I mean Morey made a nice PR statement on leaving, but then be immediately was on another team. Don't get me wrong I'm not into conspiracy junk, and maybe Les would have handled it just as bad, but the Tweet severely impacted money coming into the team and even league.

So.. it wouldn't be too far off that Morey has extra incentive here (assuming Morey and Harden are on good terms/76ers is an actual destination on his list).

Pistol Pete likes this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope the NBA investigates Morey for tampering.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

These are the deals I’ve seen mentioned as possibly on the table by actual writers (Zach Lowe, Woj, McMahon, etc.)

Yeah their are some young stars that are completely off the table. Only realistic deals I see.
    You aren’t getting guys like Jamal Murray, Tatum, Mitchell, Bam, Booker or KAT.
    GS: Wiggins, Wiseman, picks
    PHI: Simmons and picks and filler
    DEN: MPJ, Harris, and picks (not Murray)
    MIA: Hero, Iggy, Olynyk, and maybe Precious
    NOP: Ingram and Reddick and picks
    SAC: Hield, Bagley, Filler, and picks

If Harden only wants to be traded to a contender, then you have to cross off those last two teams.

Haymitch and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...arden-trade-interested-warriors-it-doesnt-now

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree. He'd report back in two years at 300lbs and diabetic...

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

sure, but we’re talking about a place like OKC with a roster that’s pretty much nothing aside from SGA who would get traded for Harden...they have a tanking roster right now

OKC pretty much looks like this

[​IMG]

they have no chance with a Scarlett Johansson

Harden probably wouldn’t even bother flying down to OKC

8. bigreg

bigreg Member

They probably wouldn't waste their time, but I'd trade him to OKC just to get our draft picks back. They can trade him to Brooklyn or wherever.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I’m the end I think Morey is going to get his guy for Simmons, some players and a lot picks.

Houston gets a young star to build around and a lot of draft picks. They will have tons of cap space in a few seasons and depending on if Tilman sells the team between now and then they could be big players in FA.

Phili with Harden has as good of a shot at a ring as anyone else in the league. James finally will get to play with dudes who can shoot the 3 at a very high clip. Morey has the roster he’s always wanted. I think PJ will get dealt to Phili too. That’s my guess.

10. riko

riko Member

How are they going to prove it?

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

PHILLY!

DVauthrin and Tristan_fiore like this.
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There will be some team with a good roster that plays poorly in the first half of the season and suddenly the market for Harden will expand. If they have to fine Harden while he is out partying, so be it. The Rockets are under pressure to cave. They better not.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Tatum and Simmons are the obvious standouts here but I doubt Boston trades Tatum. They'll let go of Brown, but not Tatum. I live in the Boston area. People love Tatum here and think he's a future top 5 perennial player.

14. Xopher

Xopher Member

Morey: Well first offer is...

Stone: You do releaize you trained me and I know everything you are going to try and do, right? Don't B.S. me. I am the NEW MAURY!!!

IvanLCPM, Deuce, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  15. R=$

R=$ Member

Dude! No one wants to play with you! Now pick up your ball and come home!

bawanyh likes this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Harden, embiid, Harris, Tucker( he will be included) Curry and Green is a spacing heaven for Harden and Embiid. They become with the bucks and Nets as the best trio in the east

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

That’s what I’m saying. You aren’t getting the likes of Tatum, Booker, Mitchell, etc.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

With Simmons and Wood both very young and locked up.

We already have 3 picks as trade ammo plus more.

And your right we finally would have cap flexibility for the first time in years seems like.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thank you for bringing reality here. We have some real delusional people thinking that we're getting an all-time good package.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He is