1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

No. And No.

bratna8 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Those of us who could accept it knew it during the infamous Spurs game 6.

GotGame15 and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Not even close. Phili is much closer to a contender especially in the East. They got a lot better this year. Houston is 7-6th seed at best.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Unless they think in those two years they can win a ring. A team that is in win now mode might. Harden can do a Kawhi. I would say the Raptors got what they wanted out of Kawhi with their first and only title and do that trade over again gladly even if he was a one year rental.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He did that when he left.

7. MystikArkitect

Probably this. Couldn't get along with the one player that could've taken us all the way. Traded him for his buddy instead of just making it work. Kobe and Shaq hated each other after 3 titles.

After. Can't have everything. He can either run it back here next to John Wall and Ego or get traded to a middling team where he can average 35 and get bounced when they double team him at half court in Game 2.

coachbadlee likes this.
  8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Do the checks clear?

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. ReturnOfTheMac

He’s everywhere but practice

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Embid and pick or Simmons and picks!!!!
    Nothing less!!!!

Rockets Rule likes this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Man, give me Murray all day and twice on the weekend!! Easily my favourite player on the team in an instant.

As far as being open to other teams, seems like a PR move but by which side is not clear. In any case, hope he's traded soon and I can finally full on dislike him since being on the team always forced me to accept him. He had become quite likable before last year too, but overall with MDA's help I didn't care about watching him. As a person, never cared for him actually.

TMAC3 likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Rockets don't have an amazing haul then there should be 0% chance they trade him. Just continue, if he doesn't play, he doesn't play. Rockets can set the example here of what to do when your superstar player is trying to force their way out with years left on their contract.

I don't think there is ANY chance Harden isn't there in preseason, the guy loves to play basketball way too much for that. Call his bluff, he'll report.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That restaurant is going to be constantly vandalized if this continues any further.

I want a decision made quick so we can have some semblance of a training camp.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

James Harden won't win anywhere he goes...
    I kind of hate that the Nets don't have the necessary assets to make a trade.
    I would love to watch Harden/KD/Kyrie together.
    It would be so fun watching the 3 biggest mental midgets in basketball fail..

Madmanmetz and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

6-7 picks is possible. If I’m not wrong, the Thunder could offer up to 15 first round picks in trades. They have 18 between now and 2027.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'd be smart to just pull out now and not waste any more money on something that would fail almost instantly. He's gone out of his way to prove to everyone that he's a POS and I don't think all that many people will be forgiving of that.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah he better not open that restaurant lol, they already have razor thin margins. He would hemorrhage dollars if he opened it after all of this.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not even a valid tactic. The Rockets just need to find 2 teams who are willing to present a good offer and his value will be high enough to match his capability. You simply auction him off to the highest bidder, the two teams will increase their offers because they don't want to lose the chance at him. The only way his value "hits rock bottom" is if only one team is willing to present a decent offer.

Plowman likes this.