1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon: Everyone is excited. It’s a change in culture.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 7, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tilman culture remains.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

his 4 year extension that will make him significantly overpaid kicks in this year would be my guess.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

It could mean How Russell Westbrook went up to each player and says You need to this.

While each player in the Locker room were dumbfounded that Russell Westbrook literally bricking and airballing every shot he takes.

Yes Russell Westbrook acts like a Hypocrite.
    Literally was the worst Rockets Player on the Floor.

Yes it's a huge Culture change. To Me First Stats Guard in Russell Westbrook.

To John Wall a Excellent Leader Natural Point Guard who cares about his teammates. John is well spoken, smart, quick thinker, sees the Floor.

Yes a Huge Culture Change, John and Demarcus care about their teammates and the Locker Room.

charlieaustin, Exiled, Denovo and 3 others like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

You got it twisted, its the Harden who always been shady and EGo is happy that goof is away from the team. Its no coincidence EG drops 50 with no Harden around and then conplains about no team offense when Harden is on the court

5. hakeemthagreat

He's a professional, speaking on a superstar whos being a crybaby. Morey coddled him, and now that Morey's gone, he's throwing a tantrum. I bet the whole team's gonna be shady towards James

kjayp, hajkov and bmelo like this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The same Gordon who been shooting like **** the past 18 months? The same Gordon who hasn't come close to dropping 50 points since that game?

If you think Gordon can do that most nights without Harden, you're very delusional. Gordon has an easy job by spotting up, and he can't even seem to do that properly anymore.

Denovo, TEXNIFICENT and ak99999 like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

setting picks is easy job too. but is it fun to stand in one place in shoot? **** no and everybody knows it... why you think nobody wanted to play with Harden all those years? If their job would be so easy everybody would love to

And say what you want EGO always came to play in playoffs, he had long injury this year but I am sure he has a lot left in the tank. He is severly underrated and I would go as far as saying his ability is more important to winning games than let's say ability Westbrook brings

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup even when Gordon is shooting bad, he's a strong penetrator to the rim and he's a plus defender on the perimeter which you can't really say for WB and Harden.

charlieaustin and ashleyem like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Gordon has always been shady. He didn't really like playing for MDA and he constantly complained in the locker room in the past.

He wants to be more featured and he sense that may happen.

bmelo likes this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

And what's most important EG doesn't try to play above his ability. He knows he isn't number 1 superstar so he plays like best compliment superstar can have. Actually If we get Draymond and Wiseman out of Harden I will be stoked for that team.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Eh Draymond is past his peam and too much of a inconsistent shooter. He works well with Curry and Klay because of how much they move off ball.

Nook likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

But he is a champion. Wiseman is great prospect. I would much rather see this happen, we would get to see what excuse Harden can come up with while playing with Steph, Daryl Morey not getting his candy etc

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

MDA was trash. He's an old trouble maker. Can't change a zebra's stripes. We knew what would happen going in. You were the one who said he'd oust Morey. You said that the day he was hired. You were right. The order was just a bit off.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

man

you guys are reading way too much into things players say...

Everyone says and thinks differently..what you think he might have thought could be completely different than what he meant..chill brahs!

charlieaustin likes this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

If doing anything superstar wants and not getting any big free agents was our previous culture then Im all in for Tilman culture

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden Head Coaches over his NBA Career

Scott Brooks
    Kevin McHale
    Mike Dantoni

Yes these Coaches are Successful in the Regular Season. But Playoff Success and Adjustments on Offense and Defense is not one of them.

Stephen Silas really has me impressed in how detailed he is, on both offense and defense.

17. fchowd0311

I wonder if a change in offensive system is also a culprit for Harden wanting to leave?

Maybe he knows in Brooklyn, him and Durant can still employ the same offense as Harden played here.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not saying that MDA is faultless. I am only saying that Eric Gordon isn't the greatest chemistry guy when things do not go his way, he complains a lot and is very negative. I do think he will have a very good year though.

Patience and treyk3 like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I really don't think so..... Silas said he would allow Harden to do what he wants.... he was only going to make some tweaks.

Neither Harden, nor Westbrook were happy that the Rockets didn't offer the job to Ty Lue as they believed he was the proper coach.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hell yeah, Tilman catered to the players he loved.

He does not give out long contracts and big contracts willingly but he did cater to his stars as well once the contract is signed.

He regretted giving CP3 that contract.