1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The now-polarizing James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 6, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

There's more possibilities than the ones you've listed. It's not just wall or harden lying or harden is an ass.

Maybe harden really meant what he said to wall at the time and had a change of heart later. People change their minds all the time... Especially if it involves major life decisions... Look at what happen with deandre and the mavs.

Look at the reported trade request from harden reported by woj. Woj nor harden is necessarily lieing when the reports of harden being "locked in" also existed.

Another explanation is that people hear what they want to hear. Interpret the conversation differently and later express it differently than what the speaker intended. Or harden wasnt clear himself and was speaking in platitudes/politeness/generally.

Whatever the case may be or whatever happens, the result isn't necessarily that one of them is lieing or an *******.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Sure do hope @LosPollosHermanos and @REEKO_HTOWN keep that same energy when Harden goes on to do Harden things during the season.

...did you take the time out to read my post? I said Harden deserves to be criticized, but some posters are bringing up how he should be punished by being suspended for a few games (which does nothing but hurt the team), bringing up how he should be married like LeBron and Curry, or bringing up Harden being out of shape.

Accusing posters of being "player only fans" when they simply disagree with your personal POV is playground stuff. Come on.

Like him or not, Harden represents the Rockets' best chance at either winning a title or getting the best possible value in a trade involving himself.

Like him or not, he is the team right now.

I'll reiterate what I said in the OP. The man is going to miss a few practices. Practices. A few.

Maybe Harden, with a few days of free time, will be at the gym by himself, working. Maybe he won't. Maybe he'll be looking at the recorded scrimmages of his teammates without him, and see stuff that he can communicate with his new teammates. Maybe he won't.

Wake me up when he pulls this **** when games actually count for something. Then it'll be a problem. But for now, people are blowing this way out of proportion.

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Always express yourself the way you want regardless of what others say. Don't let me get you down. I was only trying to bring to light that you seem far too concerned about what is going on here. It's just sports and these players are rich Primadonna's. Getting emotionally attached to a player or a team in sports is recipe for emotional turmoil. In the end the house wins (league) and you lose. Every time.

prodigy08 likes this.
  4. Major

Major Member

Harden has always been polarizing - that's nothing new.

He's an immensely talented player prone to laziness and massive playoff failures. He had a long history of defensive disinterest until the last few years. He's basically pouted and no-showed in some of the biggest games of his life. He had to be benched in an elimination playoff game one year. He seems to have a history of turning off key teammates. He plays a style of basketball that can be described as both absolutely genius and completely obnoxious with his focus on free throws. And yet, he's one of the best offensive players in the game. That combination of great and terrible has always made him polarizing. It's similar to Carlos Correa and his ridiculous injuries. He's going to be both loved and hated and it's easy for people to flip between the two quickly when they change focus from the good to the bad or vice-versa.

5. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

There are a lot of people including myself, hasn't been in the position he's in. What's your point? The fact of the matter is, the man doesn't want to be here. Trade his ass and let's get some assets from him if we can. James Harden, wants a ring right now and he knows he will not get one here in Houston. That's the bottom line. Having a few new pieces here is not going to make a difference. Listen to what his mom says. She's telling you in so many words what he wants. Some of us need to take off the rose colored glasses and face reality. James H. has been good to this organization and I feel we owe it to him to at least try and send him where he wants to go. As long as he stays here, he's not going to be happy. By him not reporting to practices or whatever, he's basically just acting out. A bit immature I think. Just saying!!

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This didn’t age well.

7. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Thanks bud. Hopefully the drama ends soon. I'll just enjoy that we have 2 new former all stars trying to prove the league wrong and that is so awesome. Hopefully the team stays healthy and competitive in the long run.

Rokman likes this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

oh the horror of being a multi millionaire who gets to wear shorts to work during a pandemic with millions out of work...

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

They work their butts off to get there. They are doing this for your entertainment................and you complain

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Holy **** I can't believe there are such sycophants on this planet at this absurd level.

He got rewarded for his hard work with a net worth of over 100 million dollars all thanks to FAN SUPPORT. That's his thanks. That's his reward. His reward is living the most comfortable lavish lifestyle this planet has to offer and not for curing cancer but to put a ball through a hole.

We owe him dog ****. Go to ****ing work lil baby.

ipaman and Rokman like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Harden seems to be impressionable person. I think his friends tell him different stuff which results in him changing his mind at every turn but ultimately I think he just doesn’t like Tillman .

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has given back a heck of a lot to the community........................but people just want more more more

13. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Are you Harden's sister or mom or cousin?

ipaman and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

It's really sad. Like really sad. Has he given up enough of his earnings to not live the most lavish lifestyle possible on this planet? No? Then he still has his ****ing reward. He should embrace his reward and go to ****ing work.

15. blackistan

blackistan Member

If not now then down the line we will be forced to trade him might as well try to find a good deal even if it means involving multiple teams so we can actually get back a viable star and young talent/draft picks

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has given a lot to charity. It is sad that some fans think millionaires must give up most of their earnings in charity to be considered a good person

Harden has done a lot for Houston on and off the court and some fans here are never happy

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No i'm just a guy who appreciates what Harden has done for Houston and find it funny how fans kick him when he is either down or up. he can never win here with the fans and some rockets fans are never happy. They just complain for the heck of complaining

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. fchowd0311

You need some basic reading comprehension skills. I never said Harden should give up his fortune. I said his fortune was his reward for working hard and being a superstar in the NBA. That's his ****ing reward. His lavish lifestyle is his ****ing reward.

Fans don't owe him ****. They gave him his salary and endorsements.

He gets paid 40 mil to show up to work.

Stop being a sycophant for people who are worth 1000x times as much as you.

ipaman and tinman like this.
  20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Wouldn't be surprise if Harden is swayed by different voices and if he didn't like Tilman.

Don't know how impressionable Harden is, since dude barely talks lol... but frankly I'm not surprise if anyone had trouble deciding in a situation like this. Career and life decisions are often difficult to make. Hence the dwight-mare and farve retiring or not retiring comes immediately to mind.

Ultimately I think Harden believes the window is closed in Houston. He doesn't think he can win the chip with the Rockets anymore. He's tried it with Dwight, with CP3 and now with WB. Each started with big dreams only to fall short. Remember his quote "I know what we need to do" - he's out of answers for achieving his goal as a Rocket.

I've never been a big Harden guy, but I don't blame him for wanting to move on... I generally don't mind players requesting trades... but the manner in which he is doing so - is in my opinion the epitome of irresponsibility and stupidity. There are bigger things going on the world than just Harden and who he play for right now and he seems lost or oblivious to that. Perhaps if he took a moment and read what Karl Anthony Towns had to endure, he'd realize it.

riko likes this.