1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I have a solution!!! Mom's got more balls than son so let's trade Harden for his Mom.

malakas likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So wait, he never had an efficient year? Didn't you say he did until only the past 3 seasons? He's been taking the same shots his entire career.

“When I shoot it I think it’s going to go in” Yes. Literally every player that takes a shot thinks it's going in.

I'm not listening to Royce Young over every other person that's played around Russ and the coach's around him. Do you forget that stretch where he stopped shooting 3s then, do you think that was just some coincidence or that the Rockets told him to stop doing it and he listened?

He also came into the Rockets season trying to work on his shot, his own quote on that, that he wanted to be known as a better shooter...sound familiar? Yes, because it's like how Dwight came here to work on his low post game and the Rockets tried it out, we found out it wasn't possible, and we've moved on.

As for Royce's report, I'm sure it's some truth to it...but how does it all play out? A lot of times on a team these are suggestions. No one ever complained about Russ not being a coachable player or bad teammate. His source could have easily been some lower coaching staff members going to Russ with data and Russ just shrugging it off. Did it come from Donovan or Brooks? How emphasized were these instructions?

Like do we really believe that the Rockets coaching staff are always cool with Harden's step back threes? Do you think sometimes Harden takes liberties with the offense? Do you think Russ did not? Durant's own words he did and they were fine with it. Like we do realize in order for him to be a better shooter he actually has to shoot in games right? There's a reason Philly wanted...BEGGED...Ben Simmons to shoot and a reason why Giannis shoots. They aren't good at it but if they are going to be better you tell them to do it.

Rocks92 likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

How can there still be delusional ppl here who think Harden will come around?

It is over and it has been over for a weeks.
    All the Wall, Cousins whatever interviews were just lies and PR BS.

However while I have long accepted that Harden is gone what I didnt expect is that he would act like such a little b**** diva. A passice aggressive coward.
    Hiding behind his mom?
    Going to strip clubs to pass a message?

What a joke he is.

bmelo likes this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Want to see this as another unconventional outside the box Harden move, but off court. Chess move against front office, but comes back. Rational part says his mom just defended her son, toward same outcome.
    The logical "feel" though is that he doesnt want to be in Houston, that simple. (Or even super simple, he's just really this immature & aloof taking his time).

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

You must have some dignity and self awareness first to be embarassed.
    Harden doesnt think he loses his reputation because he has not any dignity in the first place.
    It doesnt even cross his mind because he is that self absorved and a coward.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If they contend this year, he might change his mind.

If not trade him after this season.

No need to panic - he only has one place he can play.

DD

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden seems like a "possy" type of guy who purposefully places sycophants around him to praise him constantly. You know people like Lil Baby.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

A bigger choke job, 1) Harden "trying to force a trade" or 2) his playoff performances?

9. Nook

Nook Member

That isn't how it works.

Harden doesn't know where he is going to be traded to, plus if he is going to be traded he would likely get as much time with his new team as possible.

The Rockets also leaked to the media that they were not going to trade him this year.... so Harden is using the leverage that he has.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  10. WiltTheStilt13

Trade him! Harden will never get us a ring being the number one guy. He disappears in the playoffs.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

I had no idea his mom was doing his heavy lifting for him. With apologies to all my younger friends on this board, but that is quite possibly the apotheosis of millennial.

ipaman and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

Harden's leverage:
    "Watch me turn into a super spreader if you don't meet my demands!"

csc177, Lar and malakas like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

The thing i like most about getting Silas is that he really looks like that kind of coach/person players will just love to play for so, combine that with the kind of city/market Houston is, i'm willing to bet players will still like to come here, at least if Tillman doesn't follow Dolan step for step.

I just wonder what should the Rockets really do with Harden, assuming he wants out 100%, is it better to settle for the best you can get now even if it's not great (so, no Simmons but something like the Nets package, a couple of decent players and multiple picks), or they should risk and wait a year to see what they'll be able to get next summer? Cause like, waiting might make sense cause the next draft should be great and more teams/picks could be involved, at the same time Harden will be in fact expiring and have much more leverage in deciding where he'll get traded, and he'll be even older (32) so, all things considered, Rockets might end up screwed and forced to take the same thing they could get now if not something less.

Boston84 likes this.
  14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

15. malakas

malakas Member

All the leverage that he has?
    So everything is fine?
    If he filmed himself burning a Rockets jersey or saying that Houston is a hellhole that would be fine because it is leverage?Business?

Pleasee..He has a contract and he is obliged to fullfill it. When have the Rockets EVER treated Harden badly? NEVER.
    They have always done everything to please him but he now doesnt even give them the least respect and treats them like they are some trash team like the Kings.
    Lots of stars and other players ask for tades but guess what? They report.
    They dont act like little b**** cowards.

Vivi, DCHAMP, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

****ing exactly. 40 mil, gets to play GM, had the system catered to him

lololol

malakas and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

well... im not sure if its self-absorbed/coward... or just not super intelligent.

consider his bball IQ on the court as well. It's confined to a box. He's amazing... but perhaps part of the reason they only played one style... was because he just couldn't figure out how to play another style....

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Harden's leverage (assuming he doesn't show up to camp)........ I just won't show up or play.....

It isn't like he needs the money...... and he saw what happened when Westbrook refused to show up, he was traded.

This is a super star driven league, they can do anything they want.

He asked to be traded.... they ignored it.... so he leaked it to the public..... they responded by saying they would keep him for at least the season..... so he is down to basically the last leverage he has left, which is to not report....

Times are different now, superstars and not even owners are calling the shots.... hell look at the bubble and the requirements for BLM, etc.

D-rock likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

SELL SELL SELL

coachbadlee likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

This. So much this.

Dantoni had to abandon his 8 seconds or less offense to cater to Harden's slow walk.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.