1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put Yourself in Harden's Shoes, Would You Be Mad Too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Dec 7, 2020.

?

Does Harden Have a Right to be Mad?

1. Yes...Tilman is ruining this organization

27 vote(s)
    24.5%
  2. No...just play basketball

11 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. It doesn't matter what has happened, he should have reported to camp.

72 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. csc177

csc177 Member

Dude 13 ran off CP to bring in his buddy. His best chance to ever win a chip was with CP. he’d have a ring if he played like a superstar when the team needed him most ( with GS on the ropes thanks to CP)

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So AD didn't go on strike?

Russ?

Melo?

CP3 in NOP?

Chris Webber in GSW?

Pippen??

Hell, Francis forced himself back to US because he refused to play for Canadian that DRAFTED him. Even HOFers like Wilt and Kareem forced their teams to trade them.

Did you just start watching basketball yesterday?

vator likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

There you go, be proud of who you are.

You are a dick sucking w****, embrace it.

lionaire likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I'll be a w**** for 4O million. Yup. You are right.

5. conquistador#11

No issue with Harden wanting to team up with other superstars now. He is 31ish? My beef is when players are doing it at 26, 27.
    The more the Rockets hold off on trading him the less the team will get back in return. Take Simmons and more!
    Or hold Harden hostage. I'm good with each option but don't trade him to Brooklyn for some 40 million has been and a protected pick

D-rock likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Did CP3 or Westbrook skip out on training?

And there is a difference between contract negotiations to maximize your pay and just being an ******* violating pandemic restrictions and being two face and telling your teammates how you are exited to play together while partying in Vegas with distinguished individuals such as lil baby.

Nuance is important. You are trying to frame a narrative without going to into nuance of each unique situation.

Holding out for pay reasons is understandable. That's a reason why people hold out or strike.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden is only doing what the Rockets created him to do, be the biggest thing in the room.

The organization coddled him, gave him the players he wanted, gave him all the money he wanted and all the attention he wanted.

The Rockets have made the team about Harden first and he is treating the situation as such.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Westbrook refused to even return to Houston, what are you even talking about???

Pippen refused to play for the Bulls while they were on another championship run, that is much more vile than skipping training camp.

Per usual, you try to change the argument by diving deep into details instead of discussing the merits.

Unreasonable working conditions are also reasons for strike or protest.

You are talking out of your ass, I'm certain you have never dealt with labor unions while I have negotiated with unions for 20 years.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Why does he have to be mad though?

Dude apparently is extremely close with Lil Baby .. so much so that apparently James gifts' to him totalled in excess of 300k. I'll take it at face value that he didnt want to miss his friends Bday party and was willing to deal with the fallout .. until he comes out and says its part of a plot to usher in a trade I think people are digging further than necessary.

D-rock likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I sincerely thought you just came out of high school. Talk about wrong impressions.

These negotiations have nothing to do with Harden's pay. Harden is very content with his salary. When did Labor unions strike because the product they were making wasn't good enough? They only strike when their benefits or pay are threatened or are threatened with unreasonable working conditions that effect their physical and mental health.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

A w**** is a w****, haggling over price is just semantics.

#51 D-rock, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

I’m aware of all of this, and, yes, I’m pissed that he’s screwing over fans of the team, his teammates, coaches, etc. However, my point is, if you want to put a stop to players holding organizations hostage in the NBA, dock them their game check for every day they fail to report to camp or every game they intentionally miss despite being medically cleared by team doctors. Currently, Harden has absolutely no incentive to show up to camp under these conditions unless he’s worried about sullying his reputation. He gets to hold the Rockets’ organization hostage and still get every penny of his massive salary. That’s not right.

D-rock likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Well then I'm a w**** and I'm sure you are also as I'm sure you'd do whatever is the opposite of your sexual prefence for 40 mill.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

There are a multitude of reasons why people strike, it's not just rate of pay or benefits.

I see that you even reiterate what I said about working conditions and even correctly point out mental health as well.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Lol is Harden working in abusive work conditions with his 40 mil and ability to show up late to work from partying for a week with no repurcussions besides some angry and upset fans?

Harden has insentive to tank his trade value also because that would mean the team he's trying to win a ring with would have to give up less for him which would make it better for his title chances.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just remember who offered to suck dick for $$ and/or begs for opportunity to suck dick on social media.

You keep doing you.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden has the right to protest his working conditions/choice of employment just like many NBA players have done throughout NBA history.

That is a fact.

vator likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh he has a right to but he we have the right to **** on him just like any NBA fans

fchowd0311 and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are the expert on pathetic.

I guess you really are what you eat.