1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Sources: James Harden was not in Houston today but told Rockets FO he will be soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

If he reports, then he loses any leverage he has.

Let's just wait and see.......

What we know is that McMahon claims Harden told someone in the front office that he will be reporting soon.

McMahon has a relationship with Tilman.

So he most likely got that information from the Rockets organization.

So either Harden will be reporting soon or the Rockets and Harden are buying time to complete a trade.

I suppose Harden could be lying to the Rockets, but he gains nothing by lying.... from a negotiating stand point he is better simply refusing to report and being firm.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ok there's 2 ways of looking at this IMO

1) he's friends w/ a lot of these teammates (gordy, wall, cousins, gerald to name a few) and it's straight disrespect to not show up and at least give these guys a chance to see if the team is legit. there is undeniably a lot of upside to this roster right now. but he's treating these guys like they scrubs not even worth his time. contrast this w/ leroids before training camp last season getting everyone together even weeks before

OR

2) it's a rigged f'n league anyways and if he's not on one of their featured teams it's a waste of all these players' time and they all might as well just join him in vegas. really though, in this case he has no choice but to force a trade out if he ever wants a ring

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

4. AkeemOlaDROwon

So utterly frustrating to be a Harden fan right now. He knows Houston fans are desperately seeking clarity on the situation but he’s loving keeping the public in the dark. Could just say “I’m not playing for the Rockets this year and will sit out until traded” or “I will return to the team and am committed.” A lot of us are Houston/Harden fans and at least for me, it would be gut wrenching to see him go especially when he’s still playing at an MVP level but if that’s the deal, you’re leaving, then be clear so we can move on as a fanbase.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Or they might feel that James deserves a bit of a break for shaking things up and getting us a better team. They might understand if they stood up to a bully like Tillman they would just be gone asap. Why jump to the conclusion that the rest of the team would be upset James misses a practice or two before a long season? There are lots of possibilities, so chill.

D-rock likes this.
  6. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

I think it's more likely the front office is lying and Harden hasn't given them any commitment.

D-rock and Der Rabbi like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"James - I'm trying to hold our offense dine like you told me!"

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

A team with:

Wall, Oladipo, Lavert, Warren, Woods, Cousins (more future 1st rnd picks) is way better than

Wall, Harden, Woods, Cousins (some future1st rnd picks)

We can also get more younger rotational players for Gordon and Tucker.

Time to blow it up.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. He just doesn't like inconsiderate diva types.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

lol are you crazy? James harden alone is better than that entire team. Don't know how you don't see that. Put him with any 4 guys and we make the playoffs probably as a 4 seed. He's proven this time and time again. None of those other guys can even lead their team to the playoffs.

Give him an actual super star complement and he's given you best record in league.

D-rock likes this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like how you think. But it wouldn't necessarily have to be considered a blow up.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Then get abruptly put out in the 1st-2nd round. Look, if all you want is to make the playoffs, then Blames Harden is your guy.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As a matter of fact, they should suspend Harden for the 1st 5 games. That way we'll get to see how well the TEAM plays without him.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Homey the Clown

He's been partying it up at Covid superspreader parties. Lil Baby had a birthday party in Atlanta which is where Harden went.

16. Nook

Nook Member

The third way to look at it is that Harden will show up, and he will bring it once he is in camp. The way players see this situation is very different than how the media or fans see it. I remember when LeBron took off in the middle of the season and the outrage.

At the end of the day, great players can basically do anything they want.... this isn't the 1980's.

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

wrong tweet the first time.

#177 tmoney1101, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I don’t think anyone knows the situation even Harden. He is probably still contemplating his next move. He is just delaying his next move and a lot of NBA players aren’t fond of the early season start date.

So Saith Red likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

James, "I'm trying to hold our offense dine like you hold me back from winning!"

D-rock likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in light of his mother's IG post now, really does seem like he's going to hold out until he's traded though. possibly another way to construe that post might be he's putting pressure on tilfart to improve the roster w/ another trade i dunno