1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden in Vegas night before training camp starts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

He don’t love us no more....

matchesmalone likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Im sorry James, but you arent going to Brooklyn. This is some crap you are pulling.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's actually hilarious at this point how much he hates this owner

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

any other year, i would hate on harden, but the hate for tillmen is greater than any hate towards jazz or mavs of past years. so im aite with this. you do you, beard, you do you. i'm not a big fan of his, but this is ok.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At this point this seems like a deliberate attempt to avoid reporting to camp to avoid trade questions and to be passive aggressive to the team. No doubt he must be quarantined for a week and probably should be fined by the league.

8. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I just don’t see where we can trade Harden to that makes sense. Ben Simmons would most likely ditch us for the Lakers as soon as he could, Boston ain’t trading Tatum or Brown, the Heat ain’t breaking it up for Harden, the Warriors and Nets both have terrible packages. We just can’t trade Harden now no matter how bad he acts.

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Everything is fine.

It's all the media creating negative headlines.

Don't trust anything on social media.

[​IMG]

JayGoogle and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"video evidence" ... LuLz ... who TF cares? You already know what you're going to get with Harden. He's been working out all offseason and wasnt this an independent workout anyway? These dudes are about to accept some of the strictest COVID protocol in the world to have a season - I say let him get it out of his system. He probably got his D sucked from the back, 2 fat girls, a midget stripper and a chick named Paul for all we know. I dont give a damn. When game 1 of the regular season is over I expect a W with James close to a 50 burger, not crying about missing his first practice. Newsflash!!! James Harden likes to party with rappers and bad ass b****es. He wasnt going to say "Oh man LiL Baby .. I have to go to work. See you at the next orgy"

Trade him for missing practice ... LOLLLLLL.

gfab-babyboi, Jayzers_100 and RHU525 like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also a friend of mine just went to Vegas a week ago and said all the clubs were closed and restaurants were at 50% capacity. Harden must have had to look pretty damn hard for these locations that seem to be violating the rules for Vegas.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why do we care soo much where James Harden is when the season doesn't start for 3 weeks?

I bet he's also mad that the season just ended and the NBA pushed for a December start of the new season. With all the new protocols, he better do this now before the season actually starts so he doesn't breaks some rule and gets suspended ala Danuel House.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Congratulations, then, to James Harden for another unprecedented accomplishment: he has made the Fertitta-era Houston Rockets deserving of sympathy. And they said it couldn’t be done.

fchowd0311 and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. dje243

dje243 Member

James has always been at the club but I can't remember him ever missing the beginning of training camp like this because he didn't want to end a bender in Vegas. Can someone prove that I have terrible memory?

15. derp

derp Member

As a Rockets fan this is terrible and I am deeply saddened by Harden's leadership. Then again I totally respect him going full "**** Tilman, I'm already rich"

This is why you can't run an NBA franchise like a mob boss trying to build up a shitty restaurant. People have enough money to tell you to **** off.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think it's possible that you MIGHT be missing the point here. The discussion isn't about trading him as some form of punishment. It appears he wants to be traded...that he doesn't want to be here. He could come out and correct all of that perception, but instead he chooses not to...and stays in Vegas while the rest of the team is reporting.

For those, like me, who think Harden is a generational talent, I was hoping that he wanted to be here. It's starting to at least appear that he doesn't want that. Again, he can correct that perception if it's incorrect. But sending eye emojis on instagram while you're being recorded in the club and your team is on the court practicing doesn't exactly convey a countering message.

Harden was my favorite non-Rocket before we traded for him. I was elated when he was traded to Houston, and have defended him repeatedly here. If he doesn't want to be here, then I hope we do trade him...and the way he's handled this has made me lose a bit of respect for him. Not that he cares what I think or that it's all that important...but for me, personally, the way he's handling this makes it easier for me to see them trade away a guy I would otherwise be disappointed to lose.

Last thought on this is that this is easily the most player-friendly league in the history of pro sports in the United States. These guys absolutely carry all the cards with regard to where they want to be, even with guaranteed contracts. It's incredible. I'm not lamenting that or commenting that it's good or bad...just an observation.

Richie_Rich, Easy, ElPigto and 3 others like this.
  17. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Partying with Lil Baby is ironic because that's what Harden is acting like right now. Grow up and put business first, Harden, We get it, you want out. Act like a responsible adult, do your job and push for a trade behind the scenes instead of this stupid act.

ipaman and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. rockets13champs

every rocket fan to James Harden right now:

19. rockets13champs

But seriously if anyone of y’all make a video compilation James Harden with this song it’s bound to go viral.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't care that he's partying at all. Tillman Fertitta's guidance of this organization has been 3 years of staring and pissing contests that have run quality players, coaches and front office executives away. Over what? Not beating the Warriors? Lakers? It's one thing for sports fans to do the "can't remember yesterday/entitled to win" act but for the owner of the team to lack perspective is unacceptable. Tillman Fertitta has spent 3 offseasons rubbing everyone the wrong way, last in line is the franchise player AKA the actual on-court reason why this team is virtually guaranteed playoff berths. Can we at least ask why, Mr. Fertitta? Why are you this desperate to choke the life out of something, especially something that has your name all over it now? This is comically bad leadership, baffling decision making and treatment of employees and customers OVER WHAT???

So James Harden, the reason this team has mattered for the last 10 years, has a card to play. It's ignoring the baseless staring and pissing contests from a man that doesn't appreciate your career, owes you like another bill fiddy and can't for any reason actually control you. Oh yeah, yeah, training camp with a coach I didn't want to play for who apparently has new ideas for me? To further the empire of an ignorant redass who either can't tell that he's burning the house down or who is purposefully burning the house down and blaming everyone else while he holds the torch? Sounds terrific. Yeah I'll see y'all in two weeks, when the season starts. Hope you all have worked on the play "Give James the ball". Another potential MVP season, unappreciated af, on the way. Joy.