1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Sources: James Harden was not in Houston today but told Rockets FO he will be soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 6, 2020.

1. StrawberryJamm

I'm guessing it's because they watch the games and see number 13 putting the ball in the hoop alot.

BamBam, don grahamleone and Patience like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean the good news is he hasn’t said he won’t report here so there is that I guess. He loves to hoop. But on the other hand he could report and still be very disgruntled. This season guna be crazy

D-rock likes this.
  3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Say what you want.....but harden's biggest problem is harden...0 leadership skills and accountability...hes the common denominator in everything....but we continue to make excuses for him because we want him to be someone that he isnt...the reality of the matter is this...the rockets bent over backwards for the past 8 plus years to keep this guy happy..traded for and brought in all stars...different coaches...different players...included him in main organizational decisions...all to keep him happy....and what do we get in return? A guy that flames out in the biggest moments, carries himself like a teenager off the court..i for one...dont care for harden anymore....ill support him because hes on the rockets....thats about it...but im done defending this guy year in and year out..because he rlly doesnt deserve it...look at JJ watt, jose altuve, deshaun watson...and compare to harden....those guys have heart...cant teach tht

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All seems to be much ado about nada

tycoonchip, AXG, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

6. riko

riko Member

Exactly . McMahon is as money as it gets regarding the Rockets so I’ll take his word. To me this a good sign

#26 riko, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Doctor Robert and D-rock like this.
  7. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

He was out partying with lil baby, just quarantining at the moment. And of course media outlets will blow it out of context.

#27 ThatboyPhuong, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

How the fuxk did he become that tight with such a garbage artist lol. At least Meek made good ****.

Fyreball, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  9. onreego

onreego Member

While it’s his fault, I’m sure he’s dreading any media interviews at this point. Probably trying to delay the inevitable questions he’ll get unless he pulls a Kyrie.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

While I'm definitely not with the "everything is fine" crowd... I'd be shock if Harden doesn't report eventually. I'm guessing very few... if any NBA players would sacrifice $$$ by holding out and not showing up.

D-rock likes this.
  11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Won’t be surprised if we never see Harden in a Rocket uniform again.

Like I said, feels like organization is waiting for the best deal for Harden.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Best way to get somewhat equal value back is to play him and hope he drops 4 or 5 fifty point games because as of right now his value is decreasing the less he plays.

Plus now that he has indicated he will return I don’t see why he won’t play at the very least till the deadline

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

My hunch is Harden already informed them just like Westbrook did that he won’t report and wants to be traded long time ago.

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

Take your time Harden we not getting far with this squad regardless...wouldn't blame him if he still wants out

15. TheSource

TheSource Member

lmao "soon"

PeterKingX likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Has anyone considered that maybe this is/was all a bluff by James to get rid of Westbrook in an indirect way? If James comes out and says trade WB, he looks really bad for that. But if he convinces WB that he is on his way out, then WB jumps ship, then James decides to stay, he doesn't look like the bad guy. He looks loyal to a fault.

Why would there be inside sources saying that Harden prefers Wall over WB if James had decided to play with neither this season.

I don't think James is going anywhere, he is probably just being a diva and taking his time to party because he knows he can. Also, if this was all an act to trick WB, then he just sold it even more and got an extra day of partying in, win/win.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've gone from cautiously optimistic to .... the house is a blazing inferno. Not showing up for camp and not having talked to Silas since the trade ?!

Tilman really ****ed this situation up.

18. fattz

fattz Member

Holding on to Harden will not hurt his trade value at all. It may increase it. Let him wait it out. Not paying him will not effect him because he makes 4 times as much on endorsements. I can’t understand why he had input in Wall and Cousins if he doing this. There is a lot going on that is huge. I think he will remain a Rocket but with what other teammates?

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Its still early the situation could all blow over if he shows up this week... But if you hear there's an interview set up with Rachel Nichols right after his practice/workout... PANIC!

don grahamleone and malakas like this.
  20. sungjina

sungjina Member

He's probably just somewhere keeping that pimp hand strong. The prodigal son shall return. Trust.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.