1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Rockets 2020 Training Camp Thread:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 6, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So does that mean he will not sit out back to backs?

D-rock likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good point. I agree. Very good point.

PWR and BallaDoc like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Off topic but still too good not to share.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Depends on Rockets medical recommendation methinks.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean he tore that achilles almost 2 years ago at this point. I'd think he is ready to go with no restrictions. Sounds ridiculous if they have him on some restrictions to start the season. It will just make me think he isn't actually healthy.

D-rock likes this.
  6. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Its true. Unlike Westbrook but Harden, John Wall is media savvy. What he say may or may not be true but he knows what to say. He sounds convincing when he say it and thats half the battle.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

But he keeps doubling down on his passiveness.

Nook likes this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The good: Wall is getting an opportunity to develop a strong bond with the team as the second leader, assuming Harden returns. But is Harden even really a “leader?” At least in the way we need him to be to go all the way??

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

First rule of fight club:

Milkhair is NEVER right.

fckbandwagons and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden doesn’t want to be here. You guys can think of every possible excuse but he doesn’t want to play for a POS like Tilman anymore.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have my fingers crossed for him but every injury recovery is not the same.

But looks good so far.

ElPigto likes this.
  12. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

He deserves every single bit of vilification. I’ve repped htx from the day I was born and love my Rox. I’ve defended harden time and time again but this is truly inexcusable.

first of all the guys already got covid once. Then on the eve of practice amidst a summer full of turmoil. A season that can have lasting indictment on his legacy and our future he goes out and parties.

from a public health standpoint he just put so many people at risk. His elder coaches and front office workers, family members of his teammates, etc. just so he could party. What is so hard to understand about a pandemic. We’re running out of hospital staff and are losing a 9/11 with of our fellow brothers and sisters a day to this virus. He just spit in the face of health care workers, front line workers, and his colleagues/family members. Even if he tests negative now, it may be too early in the viral replication cycle to know if he’s really negative.
    Secondly from a team building standpoint just how selfish of a move is this. He has a new coach. New assistant coaches and a completely new core. We’re integrating so many new pieces and this guy decides to just dip on team activities and chemistry building. Even if he stays it screams y’all gonna do whatever the hell I dictate on the court. Very selfish of James Harden and my opinion of him has dropped immensely

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden doesn't need to practice because he'll just ISO whenever he gets the ball anyways.

He just wanted a brain dead coach who'll let him do whatever he wants.

bmelo, daywalker02 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Rockets FO talent continues its exodus from Houston.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

Can he at least respect silas and give him a chance

17. psaman17

psaman17 Member

18. HardenVolumeOne

Im starting to think that too. Silas is probably the best x and o's coach we have had since adelman, and harden doesnt wanna change his style. But at the same time i believe harden would change his style if he knew that the nba media writers would still put him on all-nba if the rockets were successful. Harden missing that 2016 all-nba team is not lost or forgotten on his mind

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas really hasn't had any communication with Harden.

pippendagimp and FrontRunner like this.
  20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

The relationship is off to a terrible start, no question. And that's on Silas, (and of course Tilman). But I'm holding out hope that James shows and that they put this behind them. I think when the two talk Harden is going to discover that Silas isn't as young and raw as he comes across and that Silas is pretty strong willed. I guess we'll see.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.