1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paxton, Cruz, Abbott's Let it Spread mindsets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Dec 3, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! That was my point of this thread as well. Our leaders have failed, and they are still sitting back watching it spread. It's sick and inhumane. They are STILL touting no masks with an exploding pandemic. It's as disgusting and irresponsible as it gets.

Pbev99, dobro1229 and seemoreroyals like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I know the pandemic is the main topic and rightfully so.

but hanging in the background is the money.

it’s more than a trillion it’s the fact that huge companies like Nike Apple and so many more manufacturers Are in China because it’s basically slave labor.

it’s just business I get it, doesn’t make it right and Iv done some business in China myself. I know the difference first hand.

the material I was buying was 5 bucks here and 50 cents their so you get the idea.

I’m with you on the pandemic I just don’t know what we can do better it’s easy to say we should have done this or that but it’s a Novel virus no one has ever seen it before.

I don’t know what more we can do besides wait for a safe vaccine or everyone gets heard immunity.

we need ventilators ppe and yes we didn’t have enough but we did get all of it pretty fast.

Shut down the country gave a stimulus check and other monies for working ppl.

also set up hospitals in places that asked for them, sent ships for help with that aspect also.

Needed more testing, now were the leading country in testing and you can get it very easily, their everywhere.

but theirs also a lot of money in the vaccine all you have to do is look at the stock market. Anytime you hear one of the pharmaceutical companies show positive results the stock shoots up.

The virus is real I’m not some person that thinks it’s fake I just imo think theirs money behind it and that’s just common sense. We’re talking probably trillions of dollars if you combine all the pharmaceuticals companies Making vaccines therapeutics also the hospitals and the companies making masks test kits the list goes on.

so it’s all about the money I don’t think China created it but the left and right media have now come out and said China didn’t tell everyone as soon as they new about it.

so I do think China screwed the world over. Why they did it I can’t say but I think it’s pretty obvious that they had some plan.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get that you can do that but a lot of ppl can’t. By the way thank you for your service my father grandfather and great grandfather served also i truely appreciation what you did protecting us Americans.

Invisible Fan and deb4rockets like this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Thank you. I understand a lot of people can't get groceries delivered. I have also never said grocery stores were non-essential businesses, or should be closed. Oh, and believe me, I save a lot more money getting groceries delivered than the people dining indoors at restaurants, ordering takeout, or parting in bars spend every week.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

As Paxton, Cruz, and Abbott watch this pandemic spread in Texas like a California wildfire, I sit here reading the Houston Chronicle with my coffee. Low and behold, another article about Abbott and Cruz being White House contenders in 2024. Disgusting. They are part of the Covid Spreading Blind Eye to the Truth death cult. They, and DeSantis were some of the worst in the country.

Cruz and Abbott were also two against letting people absentee vote during the pandemic. No concern for putting people at risk. Nope. Let's see what they do now. After all, most of us won't get a vaccine until April or June. They should be last on the list for being maskless moron Covid spreaders.

DVauthrin likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sad thing about this is that Abbot isn't even the worst governor on this. He looks like Florence Nightengale compared to Kristi Noem..

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Maybe China didn't want to panic anyone....

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That says a lot about the GOP.

DVauthrin and Dubious like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Poor withering desperate Trump. Only flagged 7 times yesterday on Twitter. I'm sure he'll step up his propaganda as the end nears for him.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Republican Party's new slogan
    "Projection means never having to say you're sorry"

(Love Story 1970 for you kids)
    [​IMG]

The sappyest movie of all time if you want to make your girlfriend cry. But worth it for just for Ali McGraw.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

13. bobrek

Liar

-FFB

London'sBurning likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Who is a liar?

15. bobrek

FFB calls people liars if they have negative COVID news to report.

deb4rockets and London'sBurning like this.
  16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis basically did the same thing as China. Hiding and suppressing case numbers and public health information. Of course, this thread is about the Texas government peeps but the hypocrisy is insane. This is why I voted Democrat for the first time ever.

DVauthrin, jiggyfly and deb4rockets like this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Same here! First time ever, and certainly not the last for at least a decade. The GOP has shown me how little they care about this pandemic. None of those brown nosers holding office right now will ever get my vote. They are as bad as Trump, no matter how they try to change their tune when he's gone. Maskless morons.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

OK, didn't know that acronym. What's it stand for?

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This all comes from the top and another sign of how far this party has fallen. For all of GW Bush faults he did take some big steps to address the AIDS crisis and one of the good things he did was to greatly increase AIDS funding.

I'm convinced that if Trump publicly had treated COVID-19 with as much seriousness as he privately said in his comments to Woodward the Republican party and this country would be in a very different place.

DVauthrin and deb4rockets like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I understand the hobby of hunting and I understand population control but to me if you feel pride in posing with a dead animal rather than just having some basic empathy for a life lost, I think you have some basic empathy deficiencies. Like for people who have pets and see how expressive and alive their pets are, how would you have it in you to feel happy and pose with dead animal. I would just be looking at those dead eyes in sadness. Maybe I'm being overly harsh here but I just don't get the pride in these hunting poses.

#40 fchowd0311, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    CometsWin and deb4rockets like this.