1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Starting Line Up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 2, 2020.

?

Who is the Rockets Starting Line Up?

1. Harden - Wall - House - PJ - Wood

129 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. Harden - EGO - House - PJ - Wood

11 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Harden - Wall - House - Boogie - Wood

42 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Harden - Wall - Ego - Boogie - Wood

19 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Other

22 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. varughese.arun

The main reasons I prefer Wall > Westbroke is that Wall may be more amiable to come off the bench.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’ve been trying to find a clear answer on a Cousins’ availability to start the season. Is he good to go Dec 11 or by the 22nd?

anyone know?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shane was a 14. 4 ppg dude with the Grizzlies his first year.

He's got some game on Offense just chose to neglect it for the betterment of the team.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

What do you think happens in the next few years as Tucker comes off our books and we are at the LT with 6 players including EG?

We are not getting better........we are getting worse! That’s why Morey, D’Antoni, Westbrook bailed on us (Rockets).

Rockets are stocked at SG with minimal contracts that need playing time, so you move Eric Gordon $16.8M
    contract for 2 or 3 lesser, more bite size contracts that are easier to move later to get them off your books.

Tucker makes less than $8M........giving him a &1M dollar raise may suffice for an additional year......Harden
    becomes happier than if Tucker is lost and Eric Gordon can’t be moved due to injury or just not wanted and
    you have to beg teams even greater to take EG off our hands.......cost becomes greater than now.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Not quite true. When Battier was drafted, he was viewed as the most ready player to play straight away, he was already solid. Only downside was, he didn't have much scope for growth, he was pretty much fully developed already

HTown_TMac and D-rock like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing wrong with that.

I haven't said anything about him having tons of upside on Offense either.

Just enough to be more versatile and better than PJ Tucker who is already a decent offensive option.

He also didn't shoot that many 3s.

#106 daywalker02, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i think i remember reading somewhere that cousins is likely to return sometime in mid january? wall and nwaba should be good to go from the start of the season, albeit with some minutes restrictions

Kevooooo likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

According to Shams, Feigen and others: he looks great, thin and hit 20 three pointers in a Rockets workout last week.

https://hoopshype.com/player/demarcus-cousins/

Of course the season starts around Christmas.......so a January activation would not be far behind.

As Keith Smith broke down the Cousins contract “If” he makes it out of training camp on the roster....

I think he might want to push himself to play in a game during preseason.

D-rock likes this.
  9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’m starting to come around to the idea of bringing Wall off of the bench to begin the season. I would like to see him and Cousins come into the game at the same time replacing Harden and Wood around the 4 minute mark of the first quarter. They can play the last 4 minutes of the 1st and first 4 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

If everyone in the below 2nd unit is healthy, then I think the Rockets win the bench battle every night.

Wall
    McLemore
    Green or Brown
    Nwaba
    Cousins

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Or maybe for no incoming salary and a pick in order to get closer to that tax line...add McLemore or House and we're out :D

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG only requires EGo + picks.

Porter would require EGo + Tucker + House + picks.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sure, but remains to be seen if those teams are interested in a couple of bad pick and Gordon's contract, maybe yes, maybe no...one thing i know is i wouldn't move those picks if Harden doesn't commit.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed.

In the "Upgrade" thread we've discussed the pros and cons of getting Harden to sign extension before making any trades.

Vivi likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member