1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden’s Partying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Dec 5, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Mature working families take risks by going to work or dropping off their child to daycare. That's the risk they take. Not going to large birthday bashes without a mask. The later is a sign of immaturity. I'm not saying Harden's entire being is immature. I just think he's immature about this specific avenue which is prioritizing partying.

2. bongman

bongman Member

Let's also remove all the stop lights so people can be FREE to make decisions when to cross it. F*** everybody as the only one that matters is ME. SMH.

fchowd0311 and payaso like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nah, I agree with the restrictions to try and stop the spread, but I also realize that people are gonna do what they want, and u can’t stop them.

yesterday there was 1 guy in the grocery store who was refusing to wear a mask, and there was some idiot who had a mask on, but had cut a whole in it so his entire mouth was exposed

What are u gonna do? Confront them and cause a scene like you’re actually gonna change their behavior? All u can do is avoid them and go on about your shopping.

at this point, it’s basically every man for himself, and u do what u can to protect yourself...people are gonna do whatever they want

BamBam and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Oh no, you got it wrong. I wasn't saying Bird's dive bar fights were preferable in any way. I wouldn't want that from any of my stars if i'm an owner, but let's just say the stories become legendary IF you're a champion. So Larry's stories are funny looking back when the guy won 3 MVPs in a row and was a 3 time champ. Made all defense teams. Left it all out on the floor, diving for loose balls like a bench player, playing injured. Even his post NBA career shows the mans dedication to the game.
    Harden is 32 and his legacy is largely questioned outside of Houston and many in Houston have already given up on him. If Harden wins that ring in '18, he's a legend and the stories are kind of a cool factor. He's not though. And he just keeps losing and partying. To his credit, he's also a workhorse. Balls year round and he's a tank and rarely sits out, but has notable games where he clearly wasn't all there physically or mentally.

I was also noting how rare it is to be that famous in your city and going to small little local bars for a beer by yourself.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Let's allow people to drink and drive. Let them make their own decisions. Let them be free.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

No red lights?!!? That works for me too!! FREEEDOM!!!!! BRAVEHEART GIF!!!

But seriously, I'm not against restriction, but its simply a ridiculous issue here.
    Restrictions work if you are living in Japan, Taiwan, China, SIngapore and certain parts of Europe. Here, a large segment of the population don't agree or abide by it - making them ineffective if not useless.

You got people criticizing trump rally's but not criticizing BLM protests and vice versa. You got a large segment criticizing fancy parties by politicians or celebs but not others. Right or Left its the same... fine for my guys but not yours. "Don't tell my man what to do! How dare you!" yet at the same time "OMG look at these selfish assholes violating restrictions!"

In taiwan and other parts of Asia, they are holding massive events like ULTRA and grand openings of amusement parks, sites...because I'm guessing nearly everyone followed the rules and advice of their doctors.

harold bingo likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Let Darwinism work!

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Stupid thread is stupid

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Surely, this is nothing. The 80s Rockets and other players were coke heads.

Caesar likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anyone not named Ty Lawson.... Amirite, James?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya professionalism in the NBA in the 80s wasn't really much of a thing. Stern really went hard on "cleaning up the image" with those stupid suit restrictions and other endeavors.

Caesar and daywalker02 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh so was it still ok for harden to be at UH all week or nah. What’s the convenient answer now

Nook likes this.
  13. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

delete this post

harold bingo likes this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You’ve made 45 posts about it in this thread. We get the point....

clutchdabear, harold bingo and King1 like this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That makes two of us

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Immaturity is a judgement term. According to whom? Lol we agree but disagree semantically. Irresponsible is the better term. My point is simple. There’s a lot of people who are irresponsible in this country. A lot of people wear masks because the law says so. A lot of people aren’t social distancing. they are still going to any bars opened and still dining out when they get a chance. Social irresponsibility. Some of These people are working professionals, Ivy League educated, college educated, with families etc. it comes down to choice. How we live our lives. Yes Harden was negligent considering how close it is to the start of the season. Yes he is reckless in exposing himself to contamination and disease as he was not distancing in those videos. Let’s hope he doesn’t contract anything.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, it is a problem more of leadership, but also he has made some poor decisions of when he parties in the playoffs before, though that was when he was younger.

TO me, he just doesn't have that "WIN OR ELSE" mentality - still an all time great, just not a killer instinct....so you need to find that somewhere else on the team and utilize his unique gifts to win.

DD

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Karens shouldn't watch sports. Everyone knows you guys want to speak to the manager, no one cares.

King1 and Stephen_A like this.
  19. bongman

bongman Member

Hahaha.Somebody here thinks that freedom is a birth right. Newsflash for you, your freedom is GRANTED to you by your government and they can take it away for the safety of the majority.

5% of the US has been affected. That means 1 of 20 people has it. Imagine how many relatives you have and pick which one of them should have it.

Empathy seems to be something you have no grasp of.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Half of you guys did dumb **** when you were in your 20’s and still do dumb **** in your 30s and throughout your lifetime. Judgement. Bias. Hypocritical.