1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden’s Partying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

just a few days ago I saw a clip of Spencer Dinwiddie hooping with some randos and a few other NBA players, and there were several guys on the sideline...none of them with masks just standing there chillin

Why are we gonna act like all these guys have just been isolated at home in between workouts or playing pick up that often includes multiple other people in close proximity who I doubt are getting daily tests?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Harden has been a UH all week playing in a gym full of people. Why didn't anyone start b****ing about that? Ohhhh it's not convenient. right

Nook, King1, Stephen_A and 1 other person like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sorry, last time I checked the pandemic was still happening. Him going to a massive indoor party gathering without masks shows his lack of maturity. We sat the same thing about random right wingers who are still trying to pack bars without masks.

I never said Harden never should party. I'm saying there is a time and place and right now is not that time and place AND it provides insight to Harden's immaturity in this regard.

Nook likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

5. fchowd0311

I'm assuming those aren't random people. They are either collegiate athletes or proffrsional players and most of them probably do get tested. A random house party isn't going to have that. That's actually going to have random people, many of whom don't give a ****.

6. fchowd0311

They aren't random people. They are collegiate D1 athletes and NBA players. Most of whom have access to testing and are probably tested often.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

obviously I would prefer he didn’t do it, but don’t even try to come at me with bullsh*t like I must agree Covid is fake news

u tried some pathetic attempt at a gotcha moment, and it failed

next time come with something better or don’t even try at all

harold bingo likes this.
  8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Y’all are still worried about covid. I get it but lots of people have moved on with their lives

I was at a sold out Improv show last night. I didn’t get Covid either more than likely

Thankfully, the vaccines are getting closer to being a reality

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

After seeing the new guidelines... I would be getting all the clubs and partying out of my system too before the season started. I wouldn't blame Harden for coming back smelling like a Brewery and enough powder residue on his beard and nose to put Tony Montana to shame.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Magic

11. fchowd0311

Lol as if you think I'm being coy. Of course I'm trying to "gotcha". Because I think I your staning of Harden makes you go against your principles.

You know nowhere here am I logically inconsistent because you know by posting history in the D&D and I know yours. We along on many issues there and you are the one being inconsistent here by defending someone going to a massive gathering without masks.

12. fchowd0311

If a vaccine is a round the corner, why not have the patience to wait?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it his best friend?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

nope...they include the likes of Pooh Jeter who plays in the Drew League and in China

another person he hooped with is Jeremy Lin, a free agent who last played in China

Could u tell me which NBA team or D1 school is giving Jeremy Lin daily tests?

It’s funny u think all these guys at these private runs are either current NBA players or current D1 athletes. Many are former NBA or overseas players, or dudes who hoop in the Drew League. They include former college players like AJ Lapray. Can u tell me who’s giving him his daily Covid test? Who is giving Joe Johnson his daily Covid test?

15. fchowd0311

Okay so I guess either teo things.

1. The NBA is going to lie and cover up all the positive test results and continue on with the season.

2. The NBA games are going to be delayed left and right after every new report of a positive test like in the NFL but more frequently.

So I'm not expecting a complete season then if this many people are just flagrantly violating pandemic protocol.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed. Time to open the bars, the clubs and the arenas. Let people be free and make their own decisions.

17. fchowd0311

How about we just wait for the vaccine and not contribute to the death count and hospitals being overrun?

Nook likes this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Reckless and irresponsible yes. I would say. Immature isn’t the correct term. Millions of Americans that are so called “mature” working professionals with families are reckless hence the rising number of cases and deaths. But again your argument is nebulous and conflating two different arguments. Let’s just hope he doesn’t get COVID and has to isolate for couple weeks.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

48 people have already tested positive after the 1st round of testing that was just conducted for a 8.8% positivity rate...

It seems like u don’t even know what’s going on. U think these guys are all working out with only current NBA or D1 players who are getting tested daily. Stop acting like u know what you’re talking about when you’re misinformed.

BamBam, YOLO and harold bingo like this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

James Harden might be the worst current athlete to follow off the court. Weird, awkward, parties hard, spends lavishly, not as publicly philanthropic or an advocate as others on his level, etc. It is better to just not pay attention to it if your a Rockets fan and stick to what he does on the court. Maybe things will change if he gets married or wins a championship but right now he is just an easy target for side eyes and criticism.

fchowd0311 likes this.