1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My prediction for 2020/21 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Before I start let me say Im going to go deep into all of this. First i will give yall my brief background success .I made a thread last year that houston was not winning the championship and small would not work. I made a thread suggesting houston target christian wood, I made a thread suggesting rockets trade russ and the reasons why. All of that was months before it actually happened.

Ok so there is good news and bad news ,im going to give yall the bad news first and that is that we not winnig the championship this season(20/21) with this current roster but with the right moves we can possibly contend for it next year. The reasons why we have not been seeing championship success is really because of wreckless management by the ex gm.It really boils down to building a team. Just because we have harden we cant assume we have a championship team, for comparison even LeBron's team have been stacked ,just look at the miami team and this past season team.The lack of player development, bad (overpaid) contracts and misuse of 1st rd picks really has hampered this team.
    To win a championship you have to develop some homegrown talent that can eventually contribute for cheap and have players on good contracts aswell as sign good players on good contracts.

My first suggestion is to actually trade john wall and maybe gordon too,you may ask why? the answer is simple hes overpaid just like russ just like cp3 . The teams that are winning championships are not only stacked but they rarely have bad contracts such as those. John wall and eric gordon are really negative assets. anything that is overpaid is a negative asset to the team period. Even if wall puts up 19/10 on 30 minutes ,its just not good enough to warrant 41 million. As a matter of fact you could probably get that from a player like van fleet who just signed back with toronto for only 21.2 million. And van vleet is a better 3 point shooter than wall.

To make this work, rockets have to basically surround harden with not only star talent (which i believe wood is potential star talent) but also with a good mix of 2 way players that can hit the 3 and defend.Russ didnt fit because he could not hit the 3 simple as that. So everyone in the starting lineup has to be able to hit the 3 point shot but also play respectful defense.
    Next year there will be an influx of star players to hit free agency like pg,kawhai and others, adding a player like one of those in place of wall and gordon would be ideal.Or they could also move wall and gordon for a couple of 2 way players that would open cap space next season. Btw also if harden stays he should opt out of his last year then resign for cheaper around 30 mill per yr so they can sign more players. . I believe it would be best to move both wall and gordon ,they are negative assets.

peleincubus likes this.
  2. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

My prediction; they don't make the playoffs

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So is Harden gone by the deadline ?

If not , I think Harden can drag 4 dudes from the YMCA to the playoffs.

tmoney1101 and Highlyrated like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. You’re talking about your success in recommendations and suggesting they should move Wall. How about you suggest how they go about that before giving yourself credit.

Highlyrated likes this.
  7. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Even if we find somewhere to dump Wall for a ton of expiring or scrub contracts (we're not getting anything good back), do you predict Harden will happily stay and wait even longer for a chance to compete in Houston?

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

9. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Either him or Gordon probability better they do both

10. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

It depends on how good wood becomes, if wood becomes like a borderline star player and they become a very good duo,which I think they can ,they he(harden) may stay ,then after that management has to find a way to get rid of walls contract and fill it with better talent or better fitting parts ,that are not overpaid

11. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

No ,the only reason I wrote that first was because I had ppl like Reeko, Don Graham leon, and some other dudes always downplay my threads and hate ,as you can see now that I've posted my prior success they dont say sht.

12. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Yea it definitely is hard,put me in contact with rafael I'm pretty sure we can figure something out.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My prediction is predicated on how healthy Boogie and Wall are:

-Both injured - Fight for 8th seed
    -One healthy - Make Semi Finals
    -Both healthy - Make Conference Finals

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@BraBra

Jontro, Highlyrated and Zoplicone like this.
  15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Tldr:

Idiot and I.D.D.I.O.T

16. dmoneybangbang

Reminder.....

@YOLO $50 tipjar bet that Rockets would have a higher winning % this season.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't need a reminder on any of this stuff. I've won like 10 bets to date. I'm the first to rebump every time