1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this a crazy good roster and potentially fun team? Or am I just crazy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Dec 3, 2020.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How about some positivity bros!?!?!

Wall
    Harden
    Tucker
    Wood
    Cousins

that’d be my starting 5. That’s a BIG roster that’s a BETTER three point shooting roster than last year.

that’s a top 5 all time HOF player surrounded by 3 guys that “could”be all stars and PJ Tucker who is a no stats all star.

Bench? Not super deep. But EG rebound season (hopefully) and is always more effective off the bench. House another year. Gerald back. BMac back. Needs more bench size.

How about coaching?? Wasn’t MDA a great coach?? /sarcasm. I guess he was ok. But I honestly can’t point to more than one thing he did that was great. And that one thing he did was just give Harden the ball more his first season. What other thing did he do well at coaching on this team?

there’s no getting past the injuries. In a strange way given the personalities of Wall and Boogie the injuries might help. Neither player is going to come in and “demand” things. Hopefully they just focus on production and earning their contracts and winning.

I’m probably crazy.

but I’m currently more excited about this team than any in a long time.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Uhhh. Yeah probably have four all stars this year. Go into all star break with four losses.

Emtenndo, B-Bob, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. riko

riko Member

If Cousins is healthy or even 70 percent of what he used to be, it means harden now has two multi skilled bigs he can play off of.Wall is also a great passer and has great hands on defense. Harden and wall will be generating a lot of steals as a backcourt.
    What I’m most excited is the versatility now this team has as a as a collective. We now have legitimate size/post up threats to go with the best scoring guard/player in the league in Harden

#4 riko, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Plenty of question marks but without a doubt this team is better without sorry ass westbrick. I’ll gladly enjoy watching harden/wall play together. Anyone who still actually misses him is just a dumbass just like tilman

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's a great lineup to get a top 4 pick if they trade harden before or early in the season.

Highlyrated, Fefo, Corrosion and 2 others like this.
  8. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

House is the wildcard here. He can either play well and earn the respect of his teammates back(not to mention a lot of new faces so possibly less bad blood) or play well and be packaged for an upgrade somewhere.

9. dmoneybangbang

3 of our new players are coming off Achilles injuries....

Tons of upside with tons of downside.

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I just dont think people hate House as much as you think. Rockets knew they lost against the Lakers if house played or not.

11. Possum

Possum Member

I’m loving these moves. Completely different team. Can’t wait.

dje243, eliefor3, pgabriel and 2 others like this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

shoot. I meant to put the potentially in front of crazy good.

the whole thing is potentially... because of the injury questions.

but if you factor in the shot show that was the off-season once it started... where they’ve ended up is a minor miracle imo.

the one thing that would have made it amazing would have been if they kept Covington and moved another piece instead and/or still ended up with Wood. But it can’t always be that easy.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It has potential, but they have an uphill battle ahead of them.

Dacamel and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

You are crazy bro....

crazy like me

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The X factor is going to be CW imo.

If we really hit on him that changes everything.

Boogie is like the melo experiment hope it works out 1000x better and I believe it will.

everyday eddie, DCHAMP and jeevinesh like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Just imagine what a great story if we made it to the finals.

Of course, House would then pull some kind of stunt and get suspended, upsetting rotations, and the team would totally lose momentum and go down in flames.

17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Assuming Wall and Cousins are healthy enough to be even 60% of what they were, we're in really good shape. If Wood turns out to be the player we hope. There's a lot of 'ifs' and hopes for this season. It could just as easily be a disaster.

Credit to Stone. He was dealt a pretty tough hand with Morey's exit then being slapped with trade demands from his two best players, along with needing to find a new coach. I think he's done a great job so far.

everyday eddie, Bo6, Y2JT and 6 others like this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If Harden is professional (publicly I haven’t seen anything other from him, everything seems to be rumors thus far) and Cousins/Wall were not coming off serious double injuries, yah I’d be really really excited.

but I’m just mildly excited because I’m happy we got rid of Westbrick.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How many games and how many mpg do you think we're getting out of Wall and Cousins?

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm right here with you @JayZ750 !!!