1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ - Harden wanted Wall over WB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 3, 2020.

1. sheb

sheb Member

Look at all of you in here complaining

Without harden, none of these players would want to come to Houston. Do none of you remember the skip-to-my-Lou era ? Players want to play with harden, they don’t really care about coming to this city.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden didn’t make Russ come out and demand a trade

How did he pin blame on Russ? Russ wants to pad his stats and be the man.

this situation is on Russ, and him alone

Patience likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Your memory maybe better than mine
    but
    I don't recall Harden saying
    GET ME DWIGHT!!!
    GET ME CP3
    GET ME Westbrook

I have heard he needed more help
    but specifically ask for them . . nah
    Westbrook is the closest that came to that

Rocket River

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

really not sure how anyone can put any blame on Harden for this whatsoever

this isn’t even a situation of Harden not getting along with Russ...this is purely Russ being selfish

How do u have astronomical usage, take way more shots than Harden for 3 months straight, and still complain about not being the guy??

Not being able to pad his stats with impunity got Russ so much in his feelings, that this fool was willing to not even show up to training camp! That’s on Harden?!? How?

If u gave your girlfriend everything, and it still wasn’t enough for her, how is that on u? Nah, she’s the one with issues. Russ is the one who needs to check himself.

dude can’t even get out of the 1st round on his own...

jayydela, IvanLCPM, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Remember when we were a pulled hamstring away from a probable championship?

The fall from CP, to one of my least favorite players in Westbrook, to now the broken shell of John Wall has been painful to watch

One year after we gave two first round picks and two pick swaps to OKC, they turn around and get a better trade return than we did

D-rock likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

He did actually, at least with CP3, pretty sure they said at the time that James pretty much recruited CP3 all the previous season, fwiw of course, since it was the right move.

HP3 likes this.
  8. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Well can't argue with those numbers. If Wall is truly that good a spotup shooter from 3, then great.

We'll see if we're literally changing nothing and keeping Harden as the primary playmaker bringing the ball up, and making the point guard we just traded for as a spotup, secondary playmaker. But, I still don't see why we don't let Harden finish plays off of cp/russ (and now wall's) playmaking, instead of having Harden exclusively only create for them. Let's have it both ways at least?

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, Harden is capable of slashing/running of picks, etc. which we should do more this season. Let Wall bring the ball up and actually run a couple of plays sometimes even if the play is meant for Harden. Will keep defenses on their toes. Also, need to do much more pick and roll. We already have 3 guys that can set a good pick and hit a 3 in Wood, Tucker, and Cousins while Wood and Cousins can also roll to the basket and finish around the rim.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  10. Boston84

Boston84 Member

He’s very young think he’ll be fine but if u don’t want Simmons then I’m not sure any return will be good enough for u

D-rock likes this.
  11. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Let me understand, Harden requested the arrival of Westbrook just a season ago, we ruined our future with that transaction, and now Harden prefers a player who has not played a game in two years over Westbrook? Amazing!!!

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Harden doesn't need anyone to create for him. He can create for himself and he's very efficient at it. If you're going to take away some of the times that he's creating for himself then you'd need to replace it with something equally efficient. Good luck with that.

If you're talking about additional opportunities for Harden, then I'd ask why? Unless the goal is to have him average 40 then I'd say don't expect him to score more than he already is.

You do realize that Westbrook did bring the ball up the floor, right?

Silas is a bright guy, he'll make tweeks to the offense but I'd have to believe that he's going to still let Harden do his thing since he's so efficient at it.

jch1911, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Howard was a good fit on paper.... elite PNR big man with elite PNR guard..... Howard messed that one up, thinking he was Hakeem instead of Shaq.

D-rock likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Wall would want to live in Houston James or not.

15. dmoneybangbang

[QUOTE="aelliott, post: 13253275, member: 542"]Harden doesn't need anyone to create for him. He can create for himself and he's very efficient at it. [/quote]

No arguing that, the problem is basketball is a team sport.

Like trading contested, step back 3s for open 3s?

It's about balance.

Sure. Did Harden then stand around near half court as a safety valve or was he moving and cutting?

And he said more "off ball movement" as opposed to standing around, waiting. Concisely put.... we just need more balance offensively.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He had no problem with a healthy CP3. Our problem is we keep getting this players on the decline. When we should have paired him with a younger star. If CP continued to play at his 2017 level he would still be here.

I don't think this is problem with Harden it's a problem with the players we keep getting fall off a cliff.

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's always Harden's fault.

Westbrook played garbage for half his time with us and wanted out because he thought everyone else was the problem. I fully expect him to be injured a lot next season, and he played like complete garbage half the games with us. He relies so much on his athleticism.... and I feel it's got much worse as the years as gone on. Besides, he can't shoot consistently..... and apparently, he can't take advantage when his teammates are getting double-teamed all game.

Not saying I like the Wall trade, but I feel we're better without Westbrook.

D-rock, Patience and YOLO like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

To be fair, all 3 of CP3, Westbrook and Wall were brought here via trade. A marquee FA hasn't signed in Houston since Dwight.

D-rock likes this.
  19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

correct. i'm not going to place much blame on harden for howard or russ... those were never going to work. forcing cp3 out, however.... disastrous. that and harden's game 6 performance against the spurs are really hard to stomach.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I absolutely hate how Houston fans are so clueless. First you all fall in love (and I mean love) with the horrible gm Morey (w/his God complex) and then you all fall ridiculously in love with the next superstar Daniel House, then you all fall in love with Smallball, and now you are all fawning over the loss of aging former star/playoff choker Westbrook. John Wall is a fantastic player and is only 30 without the wear and tear that Russ has. Guess what??? Achiles injuries take a full two years to heal and then you resume your all-star career. He’s not injury prone....just one injury that he is now fully healed from. I’m more worried about injuries to a 32 year old declining player. Stone is making fantastic moves and acquiring picks to help save this team’s future, which was left for shambles with the destruction and free pick giveaways his predecessor was famous for doing. BEST OFFSEASON IN MANY MANY YEARS!!!!

Jayzers_100 and Cstyle42 like this.